Turn Off Ads?
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: LOL! Fan tosses syringe at Bonds during game

GOREDSGO32

LOL! Fan tosses syringe at Bonds during game

SAN DIEGO (April 3) - A fan tossed a syringe near Barry Bonds as he came off the field in between innings on Monday at Petco Park, and the San Francisco Giants slugger said he picked it up in his glove and carried it off the field.

The syringe apparently did not have a needle.

"I just put it off the field so no one would get hurt," said Bonds, who is under investigation by Major League Baseball for alleged steroid use.

The syringe toss occurred after the bottom of the eighth inning of the San Diego Padres' 6-1 win over the Giants.

"If that's what they want to do, embarrass themselves, then that's on them," Bonds said. "That has nothing to do with me at all."

According to the book "Game of Shadows," written by two San Francisco Chronicle reporters, Bonds used a vast array of performance-enhancing drugs, including steroids and human growth hormone, for at least five seasons beginning in 1998. According to the book, Bonds used several substances in various forms, including by injecting himself with a syringe and taking injections from his personal trainer.

Bonds, who has denied using performance-enhancing drugs, was booed often by the sellout crowd of 43,767 on Monday.

"I don't judge them," Bonds said. "I have to concentrate on baseball. I leave that up to you guys to make those statements in the paper."

2. Turn Off Ads?

Re: LOL! Fan tosses syringe at Bonds during game

This was just sick.

I dont care if they find PROOF he did roids...this is still uncalled for.

You dont throw stuff a players.. or ANYONE for that matter. Please tell me they caught the 12 year old that did it.......dont tell me this was a grown man or woman
    Proud Member of "The Bengals Lair"
    http://www.uranking.com/vote.asp?member=45269
    http://www.powerhouserock.net
    Somebody's gotta win and somebody's gotta lose and I believe in letting the other guy lose. - Pete Rose

Quote Originally Posted by GridironGrace
    This was just sick.

I dont care if they find PROOF he did roids...this is still uncalled for.

You dont throw stuff a players.. or ANYONE for that matter. Please tell me they caught the 12 year old that did it.......dont tell me this was a grown man or woman

Agreed. I dispise Barry Bonds, but even so, why stoop and do this? Completely uncalled for.

Now, the billboard outside the part....

smells of rich mahogany deltachi8's Avatar

I personally liked the t-shirts with the giant * on it.

Uncalled for certainly. Reminded me of when Grant Fuhr was coming back after a drug suspension and was on a conditionining assignment in the minors and a bag of powdered sugar was tossed on the ice at him.
    Nothing to see here. Please disperse.

Uncalled for and childish, yes.

But also funny, in its own way.
    We'll burn that bridge when we get to it.

Anyone who throws anything on the field should be arrested. That includes the Wrigley idiots who throw back opposing HR balls.
    "I prefer books and movies where the conflict isn't of the extreme cannibal apocalypse variety I guess." Redsfaithful

I do not find this funny at all. Bonds is a baseball player who happens to be chasing a record that I did not think I would see broken in my lifetime.

I can not say if Bonds did or did not take roids, but until he is actually proven guilty, it appears to me that in our typical society, he is guilty no matter what.

I liked the comments made last night from the announcers about the talk of taking records and homeruns away, but no one really mentioned what to do with pitchers who also might have juiced.

We are going to be surprised when this is all over regarding who juiced. It was legal until a few years ago. We can not go back and take away records.

Baseball put testing into place and those who were using were caught. It appears Bonds did not get caught. The same can be said about Sammy Sosa. If they juiced back then, there is nothing we can do about it and there should be nothing done to them. It was legal at the time.

Mark McGwire admitted to using drugs to enhance his performance, but it was legal.

I also agree with Andy Furman, if I were to take Roids, I would not be hitting homeruns or running like a deer. These players still have to work out and be in shape and have the athletic ability to do what they do with or without roids.

The am very upset with what happened last night. It just puts another black mark on the great game of baseball.

I also do not like the title of this forum, of LOL! Fan tosses.....

We should not be LOL over this.
    Taylor High School
    Home of the "Yellowjackets"

Quote Originally Posted by alexad
    I do not find this funny at all. Bonds is a baseball player who happens to be chasing a record that I did not think I would see broken in my lifetime.

I can not say if Bonds did or did not take roids, but until he is actually proven guilty, it appears to me that in our typical society, he is guilty no matter what.
    If, after reading Game of Shadows, you still don't believe that you can say whether or not Bonds took steroids, then what are your standards for "proven guilty"? I don't think there's much doubt remaining about whether or not Bonds took steroids--this meticulously-reseached book essentially answers that question conclusively. The question we are answering now is what, if anything, is to be done about it.

It's true--many fans didn't think the HR record would be broken, and for very good reason. Now, the man who appears most likely to break it appears to be doing so in large part because he was an avid steroid user. That, understandably, upsets many fans. Bonds' reaction to the charges has been equally repulsive--at first stating conclusively that he never "knowingly" took steroids, then disputing nothing once the book came out, then suing for proceeds of the sale of the book. It's little wonder Bonds is so unpopular.

I don't support throwing things onto the field--i think it's dangerous and juvenile. But I also fully understand fans who want to poke fun of a player such as Bonds who openly lied and, in the view of many, cheated to attain one of baseball's most sacred records. So, in a sense, you're right--it's not very funny at all. It's a sad state of affairs for baseball, and there's no one to blame but Bonds himself.

I keep forgetting about what our great country stands for innocent until proven guilty. But I guess if I write a book about a player using roids, then it is considered the truth and we should all hang the ball player I decide to write about.

Again if he used them in the past, it was legal under baseball standards. Do not blame Bonds, blame the game and those who run it.

This all falls under the fans who booed the President of the United States yesterday. Whether you support him or not, show some respect for the person who our country voted for. ( I am not a Bush fan, but I would not have booed him or turned by back to him and put my hat on backwards in protest)
    Taylor High School
    Home of the "Yellowjackets"

Unsolicited Opinions traderumor's Avatar

I already did a caption this for today, but feel free

Unsolicited Opinions traderumor's Avatar

I keep forgetting about what our great country stands for innocent until proven guilty. But I guess if I write a book about a player using roids, then it is considered the truth and we should all hang the ball player I decide to write about.

Again if he used them in the past, it was legal under baseball standards. Do not blame Bonds, blame the game and those who run it.

This all falls under the fans who booed the President of the United States yesterday. Whether you support him or not, show some respect for the person who our country voted for. ( I am not a Bush fan, but I would not have booed him or turned by back to him and put my hat on backwards in protest)
    Ok, I give. What does booing the Prez and Syringegate have in common?

This isn't simply "a book about a player who used roids." The research is meticulous and thoughtful. It includes grand jury testimony, lab records, and firsthand accounts of people privy to the situation. The research is unassailable. Now, certainly, you're entitled to go one believing that Bonds is truly innocent until he's been arraigned on federal charges and strikes a plea bargain to avoid jail time. But "innocent until proven guilty" applies legally to punishments vetted under the law, it does not apply to the court of public opinion. We are not required to believe a suspect is truly innocent until the judge's gavel slams down--for many, official records, court documents and grand jury testimony are enough to convince us.

I'll blame Bonds exactly for what bonds did--use steroids. Whether or not baseball had rules specifically to ban steroids is a matter that addresses what type of punishments can be handed out, not whether we are required to view his records as legitimate. You're confusing the two. I blame baseball for allowing steroid use to become rampant, and I blame Bonds for taking advantage of the situation. In the way i view Bonds and his accomplishments*, whether or not steroids were specifically banned does not concern me.

And you are free to do so. I wouldn't have booed him either. But you're trying to dictate what others may believe and feel about things based upon standards that apply to legal punishments and repercussions.

Quote Originally Posted by traderumor
    "This one ain't big enough."

Quote Originally Posted by traderumor

I don't need that; I'm topical.

That was terrible,I felt bad for Bonds for what that scum threw on the field at him.

Turn Off Ads?