Turn Off Ads?

Thread: Random thoughts

Haunted by walks

Random thoughts

If we loved them more would they play better?

The Reds should have put up more three-pointers there at the end.

Adam Dunn has played 531 games in leftfield better than he did that one.

Now the Reds will have to go 81 and 80 the rest way of the way to finish at .500.

But they have to keep their ERA under 7.00 to have a chance.

Do you know the name of the team that Who, What and I Don't Know played for?

This game should be final proof that sac flies are random.

Right now would be a good time to sign Dunn to an even longer contract.

Bob Castellini said he wouldn't rest until the fans are happy, but the Geneva Conventions limit how long a person can be made to go without sleep.

Maybe he's on the phone to the sabremetrics company to order a new batch of numbers.

Of course, fans in Cincinnati have been spoiled ever since that year the team went undefeated.

That's why we're on the yelling, stomping, kicking-the-dog and going-Elvis-on-the-TV-set side of the scoreboard.

2. Turn Off Ads?

Re: Random thoughts

Yet still, madness reigns here inthe 'Zone.

Quality as usual BCubb

I sort of felt that old Bob should have been handing out ticket vouchers to those of us who braved those elements and that disaster of a game to stay 'til the bitter end.

Look at the Box Score this a.m., that game was even uglier than I thought. Ten K's for Reds' batters (and how we did that with that teensy strike zone, I can't say). The left side of the infield left ten runners on while batting; Dunn, Kearns, and Valentin left 9 more themselves - in all, 22 runners left on.

Alas, a new day dawns, we can hope that this was the ugly game for the year and bright days await us.

Quote Originally Posted by redsmetz
    I sort of felt that old Bob should have been handing out ticket vouchers to those of us who braved those elements and that disaster of a game to stay 'til the bitter end.

Look at the Box Score this a.m., that game was even uglier than I thought. Ten K's for Reds' batters (and how we did that with that teensy strike zone, I can't say). The left side of the infield left ten runners on while batting; Dunn, Kearns, and Valentin left 9 more themselves - in all, 22 runners left on.

Alas, a new day dawns, we can hope that this was the ugly game for the year and bright days await us.
    And we still scored 7 runs. This offense is going to be fun to watch all year!

Why would you get a ticket voucher for a loss? ... Actually, there might be some very interesting marketing possibilities in that. After any Reds home loss, you get a buy one get one free voucher for another game. Would be an interesting way to try and get folks back in the park and make sure they went home happy regardless.

Quote Originally Posted by buckeyenut

Why would you get a ticket voucher for a loss? ... Actually, there might be some very interesting marketing possibilities in that. After any Reds home loss, you get a buy one get one free voucher for another game. Would be an interesting way to try and get folks back in the park and make sure they went home happy regardless.
    Oh, it wasn't for the loss, for sure, it was for enduring perhaps the most god-awful day of baseball weather known to man (or any Chicago Cubs fan). Who knew the visiting team would bring their own weather. Man, I can't wait for the Marlins to hit town (unless, of course, they bring a hurricane with them!).

Quote Originally Posted by buckeyenut

Sure, but only if you stay until the bitter end. Or offer it only when the Reds lose by more than 5 runs. Not everyone will take them, and not everyone will use them, but people will talk about it.

You could even make it only good Mon thru Thurs, or redeemable on game day only, subject to available. Something like that.

For those on here complaining about the weather and the crowd, I will gladly take your ticket next year and be happy I had the opportunity to attend one of the greatest events in baseball.

I tried to get tickets and even bid on ebay trying to get tickets. It could have been 20 below and snowing with the guys behind me throwing beer on me all day. I would not have complained.

I am jealous of those who had the chance to attend while I was left to watching the game on WGN because the school does not carry Fox on the cable. That my friend is something worth complaining about.
    Taylor High School
    Home of the "Yellow Jackets"

Quote Originally Posted by redsmetz
    Make that 8 -- Dunn 2 (and 2 RBI); Kearns 3 (despite a bases-loaded shot that lacked about a foot of going over the wall); Valentin 3 (also with a shot that looked like it was going out of the park).

Of the ten on the left side of infield, they were pretty evenly distributed... 5 belonged to Lopez and 5 to Encarnacion.

And, at least the 8 were attributed to three players who were also knocking the cover off the ball.
    "Enjoy this Reds fans, you are watching a legend grow up before your very eyes" ... DoogMinAmo on Adam Dunn

Quote Originally Posted by SandyD
    Sure, but only if you stay until the bitter end. Or offer it only when the Reds lose by more than 5 runs. Not everyone will take them, and not everyone will use them, but people will talk about it.

You could even make it only good Mon thru Thurs, or redeemable on game day only, subject to available. Something like that.
    Hey Sandy! Remember the cold cold game we went to? Did it occur to you that we should have received vouchers for being loyal to the bitter end?

Nope, me either. (and it even snowed a bit during that game)
    "Enjoy this Reds fans, you are watching a legend grow up before your very eyes" ... DoogMinAmo on Adam Dunn

Quote Originally Posted by TeamBoone
    Hey Sandy! Remember the cold cold game we went to? Did it occur to you that we should have received vouchers for being loyal to the bitter end?

Nope, me either. (and it even snowed a bit during that game)
    Back in the early 80s, when the SF Giants were awful, if you stayed to the end of an extra inning night game, you got one of these:

The joke being that every night game at Candlestick Park (Monster Park, 3COM park or whatever they call it these days) was cold because the fog would come in off of SF Bay.

Turn Off Ads?