Turn Off Ads?
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Help me with this trade!

Help me with this trade!

Hey all,

I'm trying to make a trade to get me another power bat. I'm offering either OF Coco Crisp straight up, or pairing him with SP Jeremy Bonderman to land this power bat.

A couple of targets:

Chad Tracy, Jason Giambi, Hank Blalock, and Hideki Matsui.

Do any of those deal look like good ones, either 1-1 or 2-1?

Or I could try OF Brad Wilkerson and SP Bonderman for Felipe Lopez.

Stats counted are R, H, HR, RBI, SB, BB, AVG, OBP, SLG, OPS.
    'When I'm not longer rapping, I want to open up an ice cream parlor and call myself Scoop Dogg.'
    -Snoop on his retirement

Your Mom is happy.

2. Turn Off Ads?

Re: Help me with this trade!

Quote Originally Posted by Red Leader
    Or I could try OF Brad Wilkerson and SP Bonderman for Felipe Lopez.
    I don't see how that would help. I would expect Wilkerson to hit more HRs than Lopez.

PECOTA HRs
    Crisp 15
    Giambi 23
    Blaylock 31
    Matsui 20
    Tracy 19
    Wilkerson 23
    Lopez 13
    What are you, people? On dope? - Mr Hand

Quote Originally Posted by flyer85
    I don't see how that would help. I would expect Wilkerson to hit more HRs than Lopez.

PECOTA HRs
    Crisp 15
    Giambi 23
    Blaylock 31
    Matsui 20
    Tracy 19
    Wilkerson 23
    Lopez 13
    Lopez with 13 HR? That's a lot lower than I though. I figured him for 20-25. The idea behind that deal would be that I would trade Wilkerson and Bonderman for Lopez and then deal my current SS, Furcal, for a more established power hitter. Might not be the best set of deals for my team, though. I've been thinking Blalock was the best target all along, so I might go that route. What does PECOTA have for Aubrey Huff? He's another one I've been looking at.

and thanks for the info, flyer.
    'When I'm not longer rapping, I want to open up an ice cream parlor and call myself Scoop Dogg.'
    -Snoop on his retirement

Your Mom is happy.

PECOTA has Huff for 21

What about OF Matt Holliday and SP Jeremy Bonderman for DH Travis Hafner?

Is that a fair trade, would I be giving up too much?

I'm looking for Hafner to have as big of a year as last year, if not better. He'll be an upgrade in HR, RBI, R, BB, OBP, SLG, and OPS over Holliday from what I gather. Thoughts?
    -Snoop on his retirement

Your Mom is happy.

hafner I like very much. Bonderman is mostly potential at this point but it may depend on who your other pitchers are.

Hafner is certainly a power bat who will hit for average

PECOTA
    Holiday 18
    Hafner 30

I can do the Hully Gully IowaRed's Avatar

I'm going to guess that the Hafner owner is going to turn that offer down unless he needs positional flexibility that Hafner doesn't provide. I think I would try to put something together for Matsui
    More often than not, when someone is telling me a story all I can think about is that I can't wait for them to finish so that I can tell my own story that's not only better, but also more directly involves me.

Quote Originally Posted by flyer85
    hafner I like very much. Bonderman is mostly potential at this point but it may depend on who your other pitchers are.

Hafner is certainly a power bat who will hit for average

PECOTA
    Holiday 18
    Hafner 30
    My other starters are:

R. Harden
    J. Patterson
    B. Myers
    E. Bedard
    K. Escobar

We start 4 SP's.
    -Snoop on his retirement

Your Mom is happy.

The team that has Hafner has:
    Prior
    Webb
    Millwood
    Cain
    Glavine

as his starters, so I'm thinking Bonderman would be at least his 3rd best starter until Prior comes back.
    -Snoop on his retirement

Your Mom is happy.

I'm looking for Hafner to have as big of a year as last year, if not better. He'll be an upgrade in HR, RBI, R, BB, OBP, SLG, and OPS over Holliday from what I gather. Thoughts?
    Whoever you were trading with with have to think that Holliday will have a big year in Colorado to accept that deal. In those categories, Hafner is excellent in every single one.

The average for the last 2 years for Hafner:

30 HR 108 RBI 95 R 75 BB .409/.589/.998

With those settings, that makes Hafner a Top 10 player imo. If you offered me that trade, I would turn it down everytime.

I think a Crisp-Bonderman for Matsui would be a pretty fair deal. Or if whoever has Matsui already has a lot of power bats, try Crisp for Matsui and see what happens.
    Matta = Really good

Holliday will put up numbers that rival Hafner. I'm looking at like .300-28-110 (with 15 SBs) for MH and .305-35-120 for Hafner. Add in Bonderman and no position flexibility for Hafner, and there isn't much of a difference.

I can do the Hully Gully IowaRed's Avatar

The settings for this league make Hafner significantly more valuable. He had more than twice as many BB's last year as Holliday in almost the same amount of AB's and he OPS'd more than 100pts higher. Not saying those numbers will stay the same but I don't see Holliday's numbers rivaling Hafners this year. Having said that I drafted Holliday in several leagues so I hope I'm wrong
    More often than not, when someone is telling me a story all I can think about is that I can't wait for them to finish so that I can tell my own story that's not only better, but also more directly involves me.

I read yesterday that Matsui is having trouble with a knee. May want to check into that if you are considering dealing for him

Latest on these events. This guy I'm trying to deal with is stubborn (hate that). I dropped Kelvim Escobar and picked up Jonathan Papelbon two nights ago. I dropped Mike Gonzalez and picked up Dennys Baez last night. This owner HAD Keith Foulke and Eric Gagne as his two closers, so he's screwed right?

I took the Bonderman/Crisp or Holliday trade off the board, and offered him Papelbon, Baez, or Gordon + Crisp, Wilkeron or Holliday for Hafner, thinking it was a decent trade for him. Not trying to rip him off, just trying to better my team and help him by giving him a replacement closer and some offense in return.

He declines the trade and counters with Hafner for Jason Bay straight up. Hafner went in the 4th round of our draft. Bay was my first round pick. Can't do that.

He then counters again with Hafner and Juan Pierre for Jason Bay. Really not a terrible offer considering our league settings, but I really don't think I should give up Bay to get Hafner, especially when he now has no closers (and I have 5!) and his starters suck.
    -Snoop on his retirement

Your Mom is happy.

I'd send him an email telling him to call me when he decides he needs saves.

Hang onto those extra closers for a couple of weeks. You might get extremely lucky and catch 6 or 7 extra saves from them. Then you can make a more advantageous deal.
    "I prefer books and movies where the conflict isn't of the extreme cannibal apocalypse variety I guess." Redsfaithful

Turn Off Ads?