Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Official Lookouts and Sarasota rosters posted

Official Lookouts and Sarasota rosters posted

Didn't see this posted yet.

Sarasota - http://www.minorleaguebaseball.com/a...=true&sid=t535

Chattanooga (says 2005 but is 2006)

http://www.lookouts.com/team/players.asp

Noochie is back
    The lowest acceptable payroll amount for ownership to show they are not greedy pigs is 15 million more than they are currently paying. No matter what that currently is.

2. Turn Off Ads?
    Lover of Trivialities Doc. Scott's Avatar

Re: Official Lookouts and Sarasota rosters posted

Dayton's roster is up at www.daytondragons.com, click "Team Roster".

The only one that doesn't appear final is the Bats.

Wonder where Jeff Stevens will be going, since he isn't in those rosters.

My boys are going to miss Jeremiah Piepkorn in Dayton. Tonys Guiterrez is a stud. Phil Gentry's built like a rock. Sarasota's gonna have fun.
    Some people play baseball. Baseball plays Jay Bruce.

Quote Originally Posted by rdiersin
    Wonder where Jeff Stevens will be going, since he isn't in those rosters.
    Good question. He's missing from the Dayton, Sarasota, and Chattanooga rosters. And they wouldn't bump him all the way up to Louisiville. Extended spring training possibly?

It appears that Thomas Pauly and Richie Gardner will begin the season in extended spring training.
    I miss Adam Dunn.

Sarasota is, by far, the most interesting club in the Reds' system.

No Jeff Stevens anywhere is a bummer. And where is Chris Dickerson? Is he going to AAA?
    Baseball isn't a magic trick ... it doesn't get spoiled if you figure out how it works. - gonelong

I'm witchcrafting everybody.

I'll grant you that any team with Homer is going to be a focus. And I'm a big Lecure fan. But I like that young pitching staff at Dayton. Very interested to see how Young and Valiquette fare -- and I expect Wood to have success there.

Dickerson in AAA would be nice -- perhaps a late addition following Denorfia's call-up.
    "Baseball is a very, very complex business. It's more of a people business than most businesses." - Bob Castellini

Quote Originally Posted by M2

No Jeff Stevens anywhere is a bummer. And where is Chris Dickerson? Is he going to AAA?
    He might just be, given that he probably caught some notice by playing really well in several big-league spring games. I don't necessarily think he's ready for a two-level jump, though. Chattanooga would be more like it.

This year's FSL club is older than last year's. Still a bunch of leftovers like Habelito Hernandez, Luis Bolivar, and Phil Gentry hanging around. Plus the Dayton graduates (Piepkorn, Lawhorn, Strait, Key, Anderson, etc.) didn't exactly light up the hitter-friendly Midwest League. I have a feeling we'll be seeing the same anemic offense here as we did in 2005, and not just because of the air.

I'm a LeCure fan too, but I'm a bigger Pelland fan, so my eyes are on the Chatt. roster. I kinda like the starting staff. Dumatrait repeating is odd though, and I'd have preferred Pelland repeat at Sarasota.
    Suck it up cupcake.

I'll be interested in seeing how Jay Bruce hits in Dayton this year. I'm hoping for a year similar to what Dunn and Kearns did there in 2000. Szymanski is another I will be keeping an eye on.

The pitching staff could be fun to watch. Will Travis Wood continue to dominate minor league hitters? How will Zach Ward fare in his pro debut? Can Valiquette and Terrell Young put it together? Johnny Cueto is an interesting kid to watch. Apparently the Reds are pretty high on him, although to tell you the truth, I don't know much on him.

I'm also interested in seeing how Adam Rosales plays this year. If he can repeat his performance from last year then the Reds could have themselves a big time middle infield prospect.

After pitching very well with the big boys in spring training, Homer Bailey will be expected to dominate the Florida State League.
    Last edited by OnBaseMachine; 04-04-2006 at 03:00 PM.
    I miss Adam Dunn.

Quote Originally Posted by OnBaseMachine
    Good question. He's missing from the Dayton, Sarasota, and Chattanooga rosters. And they wouldn't bump him all the way up to Louisiville. Extended spring training possibly?

It appears that Thomas Pauly and Richie Gardner will begin the season in extended spring training.
    Yea that's what I figured too. I think Pauly and Gardner are on the Chattanooga roster. If you go to www.minorleaguebaseball.com they are listed on the lookouts roster. I guess that doesn't mean they won't be in extended ST, IIRC Pauly was on the roster last spring but was in extended ST.

Quote Originally Posted by TRF
    I'm a LeCure fan too, but I'm a bigger Pelland fan, so my eyes are on the Chatt. roster. I kinda like the starting staff. Dumatrait repeating is odd though, and I'd have preferred Pelland repeat at Sarasota.
    It doesn't seem too odd when you look at his K/9, BB/9, and K/BB. But why that isn't applied to Pelland, I don't know. Maybe Johnny Almaraz knows. He made an appearance on RZ the other day didn't he?

http://www.redszone.com/forums/showt...t=44448&page=2
    Last edited by rdiersin; 04-04-2006 at 03:19 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by rdiersin
    It doesn't seem too odd when you look at his K/9, BB/9, and K/BB. But why that isn't applied to Pelland, I don't know. Maybe Johnny Almaraz knows. He made an appearance on RZ the other day didn't he?

http://www.redszone.com/forums/showt...t=44448&page=2
    He just doesn't have the rep points yet, especially since M2 lowered the hammer on his score. At this point, he'll have about as many rep points as Chris Gruler will innings this season.

Quote Originally Posted by Doc. Scott
    He just doesn't have the rep points yet, especially since M2 lowered the hammer on his score. At this point, he'll have about as many rep points as Chris Gruler will innings this season.
    Heck, I haven't even negged him yet, but I should diss him a bit.
    Baseball isn't a magic trick ... it doesn't get spoiled if you figure out how it works. - gonelong

I'm witchcrafting everybody.

Man Pills

That JAlmarez is settling in nicely. But like clockwork, he'll come unglued. Why is that? Why can't guys like him just remain labile and mildly hostile?

Turn Off Ads?