Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Looks like Rondo's history...

La Dolce Vita

Looks like Rondo's history...

Press conference...going pro...getting an agent...Tubby's blessing
    teach tolerance.

2. Turn Off Ads?

Re: Looks like Rondo's history...

I had originally thought Rondo would be a lottery pick, but even I am starting to grow uncertain of that. I still think he is first round, but it wouldnt surprise me if he slipped to a playoff team.
    Quote Originally Posted by savafan View Post
    I've read books about sparkling vampires who walk around in the daylight that were written better than a John Fay article.

got alil captain in u?

he will prolly slip to a playoff team didn't impress me taht much this year

He ain't ready. He ain't even close. Someone will take him based on potential, though.

Yep, his potential will get him drafted... I would predict a mid-to-late first round selection.

He's definitely a project because of his jump shot, but he *could* develop a decent mid-range jumpshot fairly quickly... I'd love to see the Cavs draft him. Even as a project, I'd like his game almost immediately over Eric Snow's. Even as a back-up, with Snow as the starter, he'd get significant minutes.

The biggest thing: I don't think the NBA game will be "too fast" for him which is the problem most players face upon entry into the NBA.

... oh my god

It will take UK several years to get back to where they once were.

Thanks Kelenna. You too Rondo.

I watched a few Kentucky games this year and I felt very bad for Rondo. A player with the skill set of Rondo needs some talent to help him out. Rondo seemed to be playing with below average help in the backcourt.
    This is the time. The real Reds organization is back.

Quote Originally Posted by Cedric
    I watched a few Kentucky games this year and I felt very bad for Rondo. A player with the skill set of Rondo needs some talent to help him out. Rondo seemed to be playing with below average help in the backcourt.
    I thought honestly Rondo was too selfish, but then again, that was UK's problem all year. Didnt matter if it was Rondo, Ramel Bradley, or Joe Crawford. If Rondo didnt go pro, Bradley would have transferred.

He is a talented player, but his talent goes as far as how much he is willing to let others contribute. He could have been a triple double threat every night at UK if he would have distributed the ball.
    I've read books about sparkling vampires who walk around in the daylight that were written better than a John Fay article.

I don't watch Kentucky so you would know more than me. The games I watched Rondo made nice plays only to see Joe Crawford or someone else make a bonehead play in the end. Honestly I think Joe Crawford is the worst player I've seen at Kentucky in ten years. In my limited viewings.
    This is the time. The real Reds organization is back.

Quote Originally Posted by WVRed
    I thought honestly Rondo was too selfish, but then again, that was UK's problem all year. Didnt matter if it was Rondo, Ramel Bradley, or Joe Crawford. If Rondo didnt go pro, Bradley would have transferred.

He is a talented player, but his talent goes as far as how much he is willing to let others contribute. He could have been a triple double threat every night at UK if he would have distributed the ball.
    EXACTLY! The sum of the parts may be less without Rondo, but UK will be a much better team next year without him. Mark it down. Team chemistry will improve, Kentucky will return to being among the top 15 teams.

Quote Originally Posted by macro
    EXACTLY! The sum of the parts may be less without Rondo, but UK will be a much better team next year without him. Mark it down. Team chemistry will improve, Kentucky will return to being among the top 15 teams.
    I disagree with that. Rondo may be gone, but we still have Bradley and Crawford to worry about. Although that may change if Bradley transfers.

The other thing I worry about is our post. Morris is fine at center, but we need a PF to compliment him there. With Perry likely moving to SF, it will fall to Sheray Thomas, who is undersized for a PF, or Perry Stevenson, a rail thin freshman. I wouldn't mind seeing Phil Jones make the team, get Rondos scholarship, and move Morris to PF.

Even though Crawford is currently still on the team--I also think that chemistry will improve next season. Now that Rondo is gone, I don't think Bradley will still be entertaining any thoughts of transferring. The point guard job is his to lose. As much as I loathed Crawford's game this year, Rondo & Sparks had just as much to do with the dysfunctional relationships on this year's team.

I kinda agree with WVRed that our "bigs" are gonna be the largest source of worry for me. I know Tubby secretly hoped that Woo would transfer or Allene would flunk out so that he could go after a frontline transfer player. I don't buy the fact that Rekalin Sims' back injury set back the frontline development this year. He showed early on in the year that he was NOT going to be a banger and preferred to play on the perimeter. If Sheray Thomas got Sims' minutes (while Morris was suspended), there's no telling how much Thomas might have contributed to the team off the bench in March.

Has anybody else seen the articles about Buzz Peterson joining the staff next year? Apparently, this leaked WAY too soon...considering Tubby doesn't officially have any openings on his bench yet.

"Coach Hobbs, Coach Hanson...please pick up the white courtesy phone. There's a G. Reaper that would like to speak to you..."

I think G Reaper would like speak to Rigot also. Bradley will be back. He knows the pg position is his. I think he may be OK. He can at least shoot pretty well and I think he may have the leadership capabilities. Rondo did not want to be the leader. Tubby had a couple of long talks with him about this. When you have to almost talk someone onto being a leader then they are not one. IMO, I just can't see Peterson taking an assistants job. I know he is the HC at a low mid major but still he's the head man. Sometimes when a HC goes back to being an assistant he may never become the big man again. Of course he may be happy at being an assistant not want the responsibilities that come with being a HC.
    Reds Fan Since 1971

Quote Originally Posted by cumberlandreds
    I think G Reaper would like speak to Rigot also. Bradley will be back. He knows the pg position is his. I think he may be OK. He can at least shoot pretty well and I think he may have the leadership capabilities. Rondo did not want to be the leader. Tubby had a couple of long talks with him about this. When you have to almost talk someone onto being a leader then they are not one. IMO, I just can't see Peterson taking an assistants job. I know he is the HC at a low mid major but still he's the head man. Sometimes when a HC goes back to being an assistant he may never become the big man again. Of course he may be happy at being an assistant not want the responsibilities that come with being a HC.
    I think Bradley will make a fine PG for the next two years. He can shoot, penetrate, defend, and pass as well as any player UK has had in years. I also like the fact that he has some attitude. Was it Andrew Bogut that he mixed it up with in the tourney as a Freshman? That showed me something there because at that point in the game, UK's frontline was acting a little intimidated by him.

As far as Buzz Peterson goes, I don't think he would mind acting as an assistant under Tubby. Sure, he has already held the title of head coach at Tennessee--but so was David Hobbs (Alabama). The way UK pays their assistants, it could be a pretty good gig. Apparently, he was a pretty decent recruiter at Tennessee and there just so happens to be a high school prospect (that UK is currently trying to land) that remains a big Buzz fan. Package deal? Perhaps. FWIW, I would prefer Peterson on the UK bench over Rod Barnes (formerly of Ole Miss) who has also been rumored to be on Tubby's short list.

I dunno, that 6'4" freshman PG we've got coming in could push Bradley to the #2.

I'm not sold on Bradley's distribution abilities.

Turn Off Ads?