Turn Off Ads?
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: With EE's rough day...

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post

With EE's rough day...

What's the chance's of Narron starting RA at 3rd tomorrow?

I'd say 70%.

Re: With EE's rough day...

If he does then he really is as bad as Boone
    Go Gators!

Passion for the game Team Clark's Avatar

I'd say 100%. If he can't hit Rusch then he's really in trouble. Freel will probably play 2B.
    It's absolutely pathetic that people can't have an opinion from actually watching games and supplementing that with stats. If you voice an opinion that doesn't fit into a black/white box you will get completely misrepresented and basically called a tobacco chewing traditionalist...
    Cedric 3/24/08

0%
    Quote Originally Posted by Scooter View Post
    A little bit off topic, but do you guys think that Jesse Winker profiles more like Pete Rose or is he just the next Hal Morris??

If Narron gives up on the guy after only one day, we need to find a new manager now.

toatlly argee and i do belive womack will start 2nd over freel again maybe freel will play for kearns? Who knows but i know womacks gonna be in the lineup

Quote Originally Posted by NatiRedGals
    Who knows but i know womacks gonna be in the lineup

Lineup is posted and no Womack.

I thought you knew?
    "I came here to kick ass and chew bubble gum... and I'm all out of bubble gum."
    - - Rowdy Roddy Piper

"It takes a big man to admit when he is wrong. I am not a big man"
    - - Fletch

Narron said before the opener that on Wednesday Freel would play 2nd and Aurilia 1st.

Quote Originally Posted by flyer85
    Narron said earlier that on Wednesday Freel would play 2nd and Aurilia 1st.
    Womack to left then
    Go Gators!

Quote Originally Posted by KronoRed
    Womack to left then

Bad Krono. Bad. Go to your room. No dessert tonight.

Some people play baseball. Baseball plays Jay Bruce.

No matter what Narron does tomorrow I think we need to find a new manager.

You know, if he does that (play RA at 3rd and maybe even if he plays RF at 2B), I am going to be so angry... not that it matters how I feel.

What it will say to me is that this team doesn't have a regular starting lineup, and in my opinion, that is fundamental. And for someone who is so gung ho on fundamentals, you'd think the manager would realize that as well. Instead, he's more worried about finding playing time for the bench and "keeping them sharp". Perhaps he should give as much consideration and thought to his "starters".

It seems to me that successful baseball teams do not have a different starting lineup every day, nor do they CONSTANTLY change the batting order. If a starter doesn't play well on a consistent basis, that's a different story. But for Pete's sake give them a chance before you start inserting the bench players into starter roles. This has been a problem for many seaons (the last five losing seasons for sure).

This Boone/Miley syndrome is giving me heart palpatations. And if this happens it will have yet a new name... Boone/Miley/Narron syndrome. God!!
    "Enjoy this Reds fans, you are watching a legend grow up before your very eyes" ... DoogMinAmo on Adam Dunn

Quote Originally Posted by TeamBoone
    You know, if he does that (play RA at 3rd and maybe even if he plays RF at 2B), I am going to be so angry... not that it matters how I feel.

What it will say to me is that this team doesn't have a regular starting lineup, and in my opinion, that is fundamental. And for someone who is so gung ho on fundamentals, you'd think the manager would realize that as well. Instead, he's more worried about finding playing time for the bench and "keeping them sharp". Perhaps he should give as much consideration and thought to his "starters".
    They ran a film before the Opening Day game and in one segment about the Big Red Machine, they mentioned that the entire starting eight for that team actually only started about 25% of the time, which astounded me. Now, I'm not saying this team holds a torch to that team, but I thought I'd mention it nonetheless.

Quote Originally Posted by redsmetz
    They ran a film before the Opening Day game and in one segment about the Big Red Machine, they mentioned that the entire starting eight for that team actually only started about 25% of the time, which astounded me. Now, I'm not saying this team holds a torch to that team, but I thought I'd mention it nonetheless.
    In 1976, Sparky Anderson started the "Great Eight" regulars only 46 times in the regular season. The Reds went 36-10 in those games. Counting the postseason, the 1976 Reds went 43-10, a .811%, in games that all eight regulars started. Over 87 games in 1975-76, including the postseason, the Great Eight went 69-18, .793%. They were scrappy.
    "Hey...Dad. Wanna Have A Catch?" Kevin Costner in "Field Of Dreams."

Quote Originally Posted by RedsBaron
    In 1976, Sparky Anderson started the "Great Eight" regulars only 46 times in the regular season. The Reds went 36-10 in those games. Counting the postseason, the 1976 Reds went 43-10, a .811%, in games that all eight regulars started. Over 87 games in 1975-76, including the postseason, the Great Eight went 69-18, .793%. They were scrappy.
    In case someone didn't do the math, that .793 winning percentage extrapolates to 128 wins over a full 162 game season.

Nice work, RB.

Rem

Turn Off Ads?