Turn Off Ads?

Thread: Hudson sighting

Hudson sighting

pitching for the Royals.

I am interested in seeing how he does because White is worthless.

2. Turn Off Ads?

Re: Hudson sighting

Jeremy Bonderman is dealing in this game.

Gave up a lead off triple to David DeJesus to start the game and stranded him.

He's retired 15 in a row now since that lead off triple and has K'd 7 in 5 IP.
    'When I'm not longer rapping, I want to open up an ice cream parlor and call myself Scoop Dogg.'
    -Snoop on his retirement

Your Mom is happy.

Hudson has thrown well so far, considering.

He hasn't given up a hit since he came in and has K'd 1.
    'When I'm not longer rapping, I want to open up an ice cream parlor and call myself Scoop Dogg.'
    -Snoop on his retirement

Your Mom is happy.

5 up and 5 down.

At least White can throw strikes.

White was a certain with his Gmoney. Stupid move by Brad Kullman, which makes me wonder if he wasn't behind the DanO era bullpen plan from the get go.

from BP

Their no-name, not-much-more-talent, bullpen wasn’t a lot of help, allowing nine hits and four walks in four innings, while striking out just one.

They didn’t feel the need to keep Ryan Wagner around, though, shipping him to Triple-A.

I was at the game ,Bondrman is the real deal hitting 96 plus and i noticed one time at 99 mph and great slider 8 k's in 7 innings pitched amd the Royals looked terrible. Hudson was good for 1 and 2/3 innings with double play thrown into the mix. Tigers win 14 to 3.

Quote Originally Posted by Royals Fan
    I was at the game ,Bondrman is the real deal hitting 96 plus and i noticed one time at 99 mph and great slider 8 k's in 7 innings pitched amd the Royals looked terrible. Hudson was good for 1 and 2/3 innings with double play thrown into the mix. Tigers win 14 to 3.
    Thanks for reporting.

The announcers were saying Bonderman was in the 94-97 range almost every FB thrown, and I thought I heard them say he hit 99 once.. I thought he mainly threw in the 90-93 range, so I'm not sure if this is something new for him or what. Nice to see him throwing well. He's still only 23.
    -Snoop on his retirement

Your Mom is happy.

Bonderman going to be good pitcher for a very long time but the guy in the bullpen is awesome Zugygeia ( sp?)-he very impressive Monday afternoon. All the pitcher young pichters where all throwing hard with goood command.

Quote Originally Posted by Royals Fan
    Bonderman going to be good pitcher for a very long time but the guy in the bullpen is awesome Zugygeia ( sp?)-he very impressive Monday afternoon. All the pitcher young pichters where all throwing hard with goood command.
    Joel Zumaya. With him and Francisco Rodney, the tigers aren't going to miss Percival or Todd Jones much.
    Games are won on run differential -- scoring more than your opponent. Runs are runs, scored or prevented they all count the same. Worry about scoring more and allowing fewer, not which positions contribute to which side of the equation or how "consistent" you are at your current level of performance.

redskirtsrgood

Curious to see if all Hudson's talk about how good his arm is feeling in spring training this year is true and if so, why don't the Reds ever listen. Should have given him a chance this year but I'd bet Luke is glad they didn't. Your thoughts.

After the Reds game was over I turned over to this game on XM while driving home. The Royals announcers were raving about Hudson. They said he had looked great in the spring and was a very pleasant surprise for the Royals. He came in releif and pitched a perfect 1 1/3 innings. They said he was hitting 94-95 on the radar. I don't how accurate that is but if it is he has improved his velocity by quite a bit. I think he only hit around 90 last season. IMO the Reds gave up on him a little too quickly. I thought he had good stuff but his control of it wasn't good. If he can get that control the Royals may have a good pitcher in Hudson.
    Reds Fan Since 1971

Quote Originally Posted by cumberlandreds
    After the Reds game was over I turned over to this game on XM while driving home. The Royals announcers were raving about Hudson. They said he had looked great in the spring and was a very pleasant surprise for the Royals. He came in releif and pitched a perfect 1 1/3 innings. They said he was hitting 94-95 on the radar. I don't how accurate that is but if it is he has improved his velocity by quite a bit. I think he only hit around 90 last season. IMO the Reds gave up on him a little too quickly. I thought he had good stuff but his control of it wasn't good. If he can get that control the Royals may have a good pitcher in Hudson.
    I'm sure the Reds are much better off with Hammond, White and Burns.

redskirtsrgood

I'd take a healthy Hudson over any one of those three

I picked Detroit to finish 2nd in their division this year.

Turn Off Ads?