Turn Off Ads?
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: stay seated or up & down during gametime?

stay seated or up & down during gametime?

I don't think that I can post a poll, so I'll just throw this question out there:

When at a game, are you one of those people who:

A) stays in your seat most, if not all, of the game
    (except for cheering/national anthem, etc), or;

B) are you one of those people who constantly gets up and down
    (either to go to the bathroom, or for something else to eat)?

Those of you that answered "B", can you please tell me why don't you try to get an aisle seat so you can let the rest of us actually enjoy the game without your butts in our face
    Last edited by Red in Chicago; 04-04-2006 at 06:54 PM.

2. Turn Off Ads?

Re: stay seated or up & down during gametime?

I almost always stay in my seat. In fact I am one of the few that still likes to keep score at the game.

B, but I'm always an aisle.

I do what everybody else does.
    Go Gators!

http://www.llmedico.com/urine-bag-holders/

"My beer drinking used to necessitate trips to the bathroom every 20 minutes... not anymore! Thanks, Urinary Leg Bag Holder!!"

C. Somewhere in between, but usually when I get up it is between innings.

I always try to get an aisle seat, I would rather have people bug me then the other way around.
    Quote Originally Posted by Scooter View Post
    A little bit off topic, but do you guys think that Jesse Winker profiles more like Pete Rose or is he just the next Hal Morris??

A. I might get up to get a pretzel once. Or if I really have to use the restroom but I prefer to stay seated. I always think I'll miss something. If I do get up it's in between innings so as not to disturbed others as much.

I get up once a game, that's it. I don't like to disturb others, but I mostly don't like the look my wife gives me when she thinks I'm bothering someone else.

Championships for MY teams in my lifetime:
    Cincinnati Reds - 75, 76, 90
    Chicago Blackhawks - 10, 13, 15
    University of Kentucky - 78, 96, 98, 12
    Chicago Bulls - 91, 92, 93, 96, 97, 98

“Everything that happens before Death is what counts.”
    ― Ray Bradbury, Something Wicked This Way Comes

I get up about every three innings... but not during play, only between innings. That's twice during a game. Is that too much?

I don't think anyone should have to stay in their seat for the entire game because they think they might disturb someone. If you do, fine, but that's not for everyone. Sometimes you just need to stretch your legs (not me... I head for the bathroom; not everyone is lucky enough to be physically able to go for three hours without it).

I like aisle seats too, but am not always fortunate enough to get one.

What bothers me more than people getting up and down is when they do it while the game is unfolding on the field. And I feel that way even if they get up only once during the game. But then, I know some people can't help it... especially those with young children. But you know what? Most of those up and down people are adults.

Another think that pops my cork big time.... hordes of people going up and down the aisles during the game. They inevitably block my view of the batter. And... they... take... their.... time.... and often stop to talk with someone in the seats or whomever may be.... taking.... their.... time... along... with... them.

Unbaseball-related conversations (whether in person or on cell phones) drive me crazy too. My blood is boiling just typing this. It is soooooooooo distracting and no one seems to be capable of chatting in a normal tone of voice. It's extremely distracting... and pretty much constant at every game I've ever been to (and I've been to a lot of them).
    "Enjoy this Reds fans, you are watching a legend grow up before your very eyes" ... DoogMinAmo on Adam Dunn

Pretty much A. - try to get everything done before, food, restroom, etc. before the start of the game. Which, of course, means I try to get to the ballpark an hour early.

Last year I requested a season ticket on the end -not to the aisle- but the other side. My seat was right next to the visitor bullpen and I had no trouble with people moving in front of me.

Or... if I don't have a ticket in advance... I get a $5 ticket and sit all the way up in the top row of the ballpark away from other people - so I can enjoy the ballgame in peace.
    2024 Reds record attending: 1-0
    2024 Dragons record attending: 0-0
    2024 Y'Alls record attending: 0-0
    "We want to be the band to dance to when the bomb drops." - Simon Le Bon of Duran Duran

Unbaseball-related conversations (whether in person or on cell phones) drive me crazy too. My blood is boiling just typing this. It is soooooooooo distracting and no one seems to be capable of chatting in a normal tone of voice. It's extremely distracting... and pretty much constant at every game I've ever been to (and I've been to a lot of them).
    Yep... that pretty much high on list of pet peeves. Or even worse someone who is a "Know-It-All" but who gets most of the facts wrong - but his friends (the person is 99.9% male) are too polite or don't know any better to correct him. AND he has a voice that carries... :
    2024 Reds record attending: 1-0
    2024 Dragons record attending: 0-0
    2024 Y'Alls record attending: 0-0
    "We want to be the band to dance to when the bomb drops." - Simon Le Bon of Duran Duran

Passion for the game Team Clark's Avatar

I sat in a row yesterday where EVERY person in our row was up or down. I started keeping track after awhile. Ridiculous. I like going to Marlins games because it is not permitted.
    It's absolutely pathetic that people can't have an opinion from actually watching games and supplementing that with stats. If you voice an opinion that doesn't fit into a black/white box you will get completely misrepresented and basically called a tobacco chewing traditionalist...
    Cedric 3/24/08

I stay in my seat. I did not get up at all yesterday, not even once.

Quote Originally Posted by Team Clark
    I sat in a row yesterday where EVERY person in our row was up or down. I started keeping track after awhile. Ridiculous. I like going to Marlins games because it is not permitted.
    It's not permitted??? Wow! How do they do that?

Wow! Tell the Reds!!!!
    "Enjoy this Reds fans, you are watching a legend grow up before your very eyes" ... DoogMinAmo on Adam Dunn

Passion for the game Team Clark's Avatar

You can get up and go but only between innings. The ushers will literally STOP you. Obviously if there is an emergency you can go but that's a one shot deal. The ushers do not permit you to return to your seat until the end of each half inning. Really nice.
    It's absolutely pathetic that people can't have an opinion from actually watching games and supplementing that with stats. If you voice an opinion that doesn't fit into a black/white box you will get completely misrepresented and basically called a tobacco chewing traditionalist...
    Cedric 3/24/08

Turn Off Ads?