Turn Off Ads?
Page 4 of 59 FirstFirst 123456781454 ... LastLast

Thread: 4/6/6 Game Thread vs Pirates (Welcome Home Casey)

Re: 4/6/6 Game Thread vs Pirates (Welcome Home Casey)

Quote Originally Posted by KronoRed
    Doubleheader.

Day / Night. Two seperate games. Can't afford to lose revenue at the gates.
    'When I'm not longer rapping, I want to open up an ice cream parlor and call myself Scoop Dogg.'
    -Snoop on his retirement

Your Mom is happy.

2. Turn Off Ads?

Quote Originally Posted by Red Leader
    Day / Night. Two seperate games. Can't afford to lose revenue at the gates.
    Won't happen. They did that when Cinergy closed cause those games were all sold out in advance. BOS can do that cause they sell out all their games. It would just be scheduled sometime in AUG or Sept.
    Quote Originally Posted by Raisor View Post
    I was wrong
    Chip is right

Quote Originally Posted by Chip R
    Won't happen. They did that when Cinergy closed cause those games were all sold out in advance. BOS can do that cause they sell out all their games. It would just be scheduled sometime in AUG or Sept.
    Thanks Mr. Rosie Sunshine.

I'm going to go slit my wrists now. Got anything else uplifting to share with the board?
    'When I'm not longer rapping, I want to open up an ice cream parlor and call myself Scoop Dogg.'
    -Snoop on his retirement

Your Mom is happy.

Thanks Mr. Rosie Sunshine.

I'm going to go slit my wrists now. Got anything else uplifting to share with the board?
    I caught you a delicious bass.
    I was wrong
    Chip is right

Hug?
    Go Gators!

I'm hoping for a Reds win against the Pirates.

Nice that Casey is coming back to Cincinnati, but in all honesty, I could care less. Players change teams all the time. He's a great guy off the field, but I won't miss him on the field. We need to move on to a different model at 1B, and hopefully, sometime down the road, we will.
    Aw come on, Red, that was kind of mean.

Case was here for 8 years and was extremely popular. I don't think saying "welcome home" is not moving on; it's just being nice to a deserving guy who still loves Cincinnati. It has nothing to do with how well (or not) he played lB.
    "Enjoy this Reds fans, you are watching a legend grow up before your very eyes" ... DoogMinAmo on Adam Dunn

Quote Originally Posted by Chip R
    I caught you a delicious bass.
    ...and you go and do something......

and totally redeem yourself!
    -Snoop on his retirement

Your Mom is happy.

Quote Originally Posted by TeamBoone
    Aw come on, Red, that was kind of mean.

Case was here for 8 years and was extremely popular. I don't think saying "welcome home" is not moving on; it's just being nice to a deserving guy who still loves Cincinnati. It has nothing to do with how well (or not) he played lB.

I have no problems at all with people loving Sean Casey. He is a very, very great guy. I wish there were hundreds more like him in MLB. I just don't think there's a reason for people to beat themselves up over him being gone, like there's no way the Reds will ever win again without him in the field, or in the clubhouse. There are some people that think that way, and it bothers me. Sean Casey was not the savior of the Reds on the field. That's all I'm saying. Not meant to disrespect Casey at all.
    -Snoop on his retirement

Your Mom is happy.

Quote Originally Posted by M2
    We got snow in Boston yesterday, which kind of skews a person's definition of foul spring weather.
    I've lived in Cincinnati for almost 13 years and this is the WORST and COLDEST spring I can remember. During March, and so far in April, I don't think the average temps have been reached even once.

The trees have no leaves yet, few flowers are blooming, and shrubs are just beginning to leave... usually the trees are out and flowers are abundant by now.

I hate it!
    "Enjoy this Reds fans, you are watching a legend grow up before your very eyes" ... DoogMinAmo on Adam Dunn

I've lived in Cincinnati for almost 13 years and this is the WORST and COLDEST spring I can remember. During March, and so far in April, I don't think the average temps have been reached even once.

The trees have no leaves yet, few flowers are blooming, and shrubs are just beginning to leave... usually the trees are out and flowers are abundant by now.

I hate it!
    Isn't that what spring's supposed to be like?
    I'm not a system player. I am a system.

Not to change the subject, but was the Saturday game always scheduled for 1:15pm or did they move it when I wasn't looking? I thought when the schedule first came out, this first weekend series had a Saturday night game followed by a Sunday day game???
    During April, May, and September, most Saturday games in Cincinnati have been/are scheduled as day games.

Isn't that what spring's supposed to be like?
    No, at least not here. The trees usually begin to get their leaves in March as do the flowers begin to bloom. March norms are mid to high 50's. We didn't even come close to that this year. All flora is way behind the norm.

The norms in April are mid to high 60's, with the occasional 70's.... nada so far.

Our spring this year has been more like I remember in upstate NY... which is a lot further north than we are. Believe it or not, Cincinnati is almost identical (latitude) to Washington, DC, the major difference being that we are inland.

No, the trees usually begin to get their leaves in March as do the flowers begin to bloom. March norms are mid to high 50's. We didn't even come close to that this year. All flora is way behind the norm.

The norms in April are mid to high 60's, with the occasional 70's.... nada so far.
    I jest because we don't have spring where I live. It just doesn't exist.

I've barely seen spring since I left the mid-Atlantic in 1981.
    I'm not a system player. I am a system.

If the game goes tonight, Go Reds

I jest because we don't have spring where I live. It just doesn't exist.

I've barely seen spring since I left the mid-Atlantic in 1981.
    I couldn't live there. I love spring.
    -Snoop on his retirement

Your Mom is happy.

Turn Off Ads?