Turn Off Ads?
Page 59 of 59 FirstFirst ... 9495556575859

Thread: 4/6/6 Game Thread vs Pirates (Welcome Home Casey)

Re: 4/6/6 Game Thread vs Pirates (Welcome Home Casey)

I bet we have enough cash in payflex
    Go Gators!

2. Turn Off Ads?
    jredmo2

Do you think that would allow us to renogotiate Griff's contract to a mere $6 mil?

Just watched the game (God Bless TiVo for us 2nd and 3rd shift workers hi GAC)...my takes:

-Claussen looked sharp tonight. 1 bad pitch. The 3 HBP I kinda like...shows he has no fear of pitching inside. Very solid first outing.

-Good for EdE. Gotta boost the kid's confidence and *gulp* kudos to Narron for putting him in a position to succeed (though he should have been starting, but I digress....)

-Glad to see the umps get together and make the right call. Good trend here.

-Wow, awesome game for FeLo. Keep it up!!!

-Weathers looked great. He's not flashy, he's efficient. 16 for 20 the last 2 years in save opp's. I'll take 80%.

-The BP is going to give me indigestion all season, me thinks. Oh well. Hopefully Kriv & Co. remedy this...soon.

-Classy move by the 13 fans that showed up tonight to give Casey a standing-O and I liked that he tipped his hat to the crowd :cheer:

I hope Milton, circa NOT 2005, shows up tomorrow. Boo no TV...coincedence that Milton is pitching and no TV? Hmmmm....

Regardless, welcome to a winning record, fellas. Now keep it up!

Quote Originally Posted by max venable
    Reds are on pace to win 108 games!
    Adam Dunn is on pace to hit 108 HRs this season, but at the pace everyone is on he probably would not be the Reds MVP. Arroyo is on pace to win 54 games AND hit 54 HRs, so if he keeps that up he would probably be the MVP. Unfortunately Arroyo probably won't keep that pace up.
    "Hey...Dad. Wanna Have A Catch?" Kevin Costner in "Field Of Dreams."

3rd shift workers hi GAC)...my takes:
    Me three!

Adam Dunn is good. That's all I have.

Quote Originally Posted by Big Klu
    We have the technology. We have the capability to make the world's first bionic centerfielder. Ken Griffey, Jr. will be that man. Better than he was before. Better... stronger... faster.
    Can we fix that oozing hole on the back of his hammy?

My take:

Dunn hammering the first pitch 479. 1 P/PA, 1 monster home run.

With 2 strikes, Dunn singling to left-center to drive in the winning run. If he'd tried to pull that pitch, he makes an out.

The guy's still growing as a hitter, and he's going to get better.

Well, we did decide to go on down to town and give it a try and luckily the weather cooperated. Here's my take from the game.

I was very impressed with Brandon Claussen working his way out of a very sticky 2nd and 3rd no out jam retiring Pittsburgh's 3,4 and 5 hitters. He showed alot of grit in that situation right there. Very encouraging.

I caught a Jack Wilson foul ball in that first inning! Sweet!

Sean Casey's standing ovation was neat. Too bad there weren't anymore people than the 13,000 that were there though.

The defense overall was pretty good.

The bullpen was very good tonight. Mike Burns did a great job in the 6th. Rick White was pumping strikes (albeit slow strikes) all night. Despite the 2 run homer, he had a good outing. David Weathers looked good in his 1-2-3 closing opportunity. Overall I was very impressed with the pitching all night.

On the Dunn play the umpires did the absolute right thing and got together and corrected the call. You like to see that happen, even if it goes against your team. The right call is the right call no matter who it benefits, tonight it just so happened that it benefited our team.

The weather was crappy, but we "weathered the storm" so to speak. When it started raining right before first pitch we just moved up underneath the second deck and were fine the rest of the night. It's not like we had to battle people to find two empty seats.

On a side note, I know half of the fun people have around here is debating the lineups, but really folks, if the Reds win the game was does it matter who plays? All I want to see is a Reds win, I don't care who helps get it.
    "Strickland Propane... Taste the meat, not the heat." - Hank Hill

Dunn's flyball was slicing pretty hard. It's a very similar spin to a curveball. When a curveball hits the ground it tends to kick back the opposite direction of it was travelling. I think this is what contributed to the ump making the initial out call. On tv and replay you can clearly see it hit grass, but in live action, with that spin induced hop straight into the CFers glove it probably looked like a catch, depending on the umps angle of view.

Rick White was pumping strikes (albeit slow strikes) all night. Despite the 2 run homer, he had a good outing.
    I'm sure that others noted it live, but as soon as I saw him returning for inning #2, I knew it was trouble. A guy like White, you take that one easy inning and run with it. Narron apparently didn't like the payoff he got with one good inning in the 7th and pushed it. Guess what? It took seven rolls, but Craps eventually came up.
    "Rounding 3rd and heading for home, good night everybody"

In the world of facing former Reds Casey came out about par with what other former Reds stars did when they first faced their former employers.

http://www.baseballminutia.com/

Turn Off Ads?