Turn Off Ads?

Thread: Move Advice

Potential Lunch Winner Dom Heffner's Avatar

Move Advice

I want to pick up JJ Hardy to give me another middle infielder, but I don't know who to drop. Jeff Kent leaving yesterday's game made me realize I need another SS.

My first thought is Tim Hudson because he doesn't really offer much or Jeremy Hermida, but that OBP of over .400 is awfully hard to drop.

Here is my team:

David Ortiz
    Jeff Kent
    Felipe Lopez
    David Wright
    Melvin Mora- Util
    Scott Rolen- Util
    Pat Burrell
    Adam Dunn
    Vernon Wells
    Curtis Granderson
    Jeremy Hermida
    JD Drew
    Jason Varitek

Pitchers:
    Daniel Cabrera
    Roy Oswalt
    Oliver Perez
    Erik Bedard
    Tim Hudson
    Francisco Liriano
    Mike Gonzalez
    Chad Cordero
    Jason Isringhausen
    J. Papelbon
    Kalvim Escobar

Who should I drop to pick up Hardy?

2. Turn Off Ads?

Re: Move Advice

How many pitchers do you start on an everyday basis?
    My dad got to enjoy 3 Reds World Championships by the time he was my age. So far, I've only gotten to enjoy one. Step it up Redlegs!

We can start two SPs, 2 RPS, and then 3 pitchers of our choice. It just seems like I have 6 starters and I'm looking at Hudson's stats last year and he really doesn't help out in anything other than wins or the occasional complete game. He kills my WHIP, my K/9 and K/BB as well.

But maybe I am overvaluing Hardy.

Quote Originally Posted by Dom Heffner
    But maybe I am overvaluing Hardy.
    I don't think so, I believe Hardy to be one of the top Fantasy steals this year.
    My dad got to enjoy 3 Reds World Championships by the time he was my age. So far, I've only gotten to enjoy one. Step it up Redlegs!

I wouldn't drop Hermida. I also wouldn't drop Hudson, either. While Hudson isn't that great anymore, I think he is too good to simply drop, and there's a good chance that you can trade him to someone who would overvalue Hudson simply because he is a big name. I'd suggest that you look for a 2 for 1 deal, maybe package Hudson with someone like JD Drew in order to get a better pitcher, and then use the extra roster space to get Hardy.

I also agree that Hardy could be one of the steals this year.

Yeah, I posted in the last person thread yesterday that I'm "all in" on a bet that J.J. Hardy is the middle infielder to go all "Felipe Lopez" on the league this year.

I think Stewie gave good advice. Don't drop either player. See if you can package Hudson and Drew and get yourself a better SP. Maybe a Ben Sheets owner will bite? There's something to be said for consistancy in fantasy baseball, and if nothing else, Hudson is pretty consistant. That's worth something to a lot of owners. Especially someone like Sheets, who tends to have injury problems every year. If I owned Sheets, I'd be awfully tempted by that offer about now.

There were some really good pitchers that got hit somewhat hard this first week, target all of them as well.

With Eric Gagne out, Dennys Baez might be a top 10 closer this year. Look to see if he's available. Not that you should need another closer, but he might have more value than Gonzalez, who is still unproven, and took a loss last night, albeit a flukey one.
    'When I'm not longer rapping, I want to open up an ice cream parlor and call myself Scoop Dogg.'
    -Snoop on his retirement

Your Mom is happy.

I offered the trade of Drew and Hudson for Sheets. We'll see if he bites.

Thanks again for the advice guys!

Turn Off Ads?