Turn Off Ads?
Page 1 of 17 1234511 ... LastLast

Thread: Reds Acquire Brandon Phillips

Reds Acquire Brandon Phillips

For PTBNL or cash, per Reds press notes. He'll wear #4 and join the team tomorrow. Matt Kata was DFA'd, a roster move for the 25 man will be announced tomorrow.

2. Turn Off Ads?
    Making sense of it all Matt700wlw's Avatar

Re: Reds Acquire Brandon Phillips

Another infielder.....that's such a weakness on this team.

Unsolicited Opinions traderumor's Avatar

Say what? Another second baseman? :all_cohol Guess I picked the wrong week to quit drinking.
    Can't win with 'em

Can't win without 'em

Great move IMO.
    I was in the ORG once, best 6 months of my life.

Quote Originally Posted by redsfanmia
    Great move IMO.
    Kinda depends on what corresponding move happens on the 25 man rossiter, no?
    "Booing on opening day is like telling grandma her house smells like old lady."--WOY

He does have some upside. I believe his defense has always been pretty good, but his bat needs to come around, and quickly.
    'When I'm not longer rapping, I want to open up an ice cream parlor and call myself Scoop Dogg.'
    -Snoop on his retirement

Your Mom is happy.

White Castle to the Nile Crash Davis's Avatar

Giggity.

Actually, I'd like to see what Brandon Phillips could do in a full-time stint as the Reds 2B. He's a few years past the Barry Larkin comparisons, but he has tools, he'd improve the middle infield defense and the Reds have the lineup to accomodate his "iffy" stick. This is a player who could thrive with a fresh start.
    "I fought because I understood and could not bear to understand, that it was my destiny -- unlike that of my father, whose fate it was to hear the roar of the crowd -- to sit in the stands with most men and acclaim others. It was my fate, my destiny, my end, to be a fan."

Stat Wanker Hodiernus RedsManRick's Avatar

Not a bad pickup for a PTBNL. Mr. Denorfia/Abad, I hope you enjoyed your time with the big squad.
    Games are won on run differential -- scoring more than your opponent. Runs are runs, scored or prevented they all count the same. Worry about scoring more and allowing fewer, not which positions contribute to which side of the equation or how "consistent" you are at your current level of performance.

I absolutely hate this move. Phillips just flat out stinks. There's just no point.

Not sure how he will get any playing time. A former top prospect, and it doesn't seem like we gave up much, so its a low risk trade and hopefully he pans out.

Quote Originally Posted by Blimpie
    Kinda depends on what corresponding move happens on the 25 man rossiter, no?
    and if it's Womack being DFA'd? (yeah, right)
    'When I'm not longer rapping, I want to open up an ice cream parlor and call myself Scoop Dogg.'
    -Snoop on his retirement

Your Mom is happy.

Where is this being reported? I've checked Marc's blog, the Reds website, the Indians website, the Enquirer and Post and ESPN and CNN/SI and don't see anything on it.

Unsolicited Opinions traderumor's Avatar

What's Phillips at best, Pokey Reese lite?
    Can't win with 'em

Can't win without 'em

Quote Originally Posted by redsmetz
    Where is this being reported? I've checked Marc's blog, the Reds website, the Indians website, the Enquirer and Post and ESPN and CNN/SI and don't see anything on it.
    Sorry, I see "per the Reds press notes" - interesting that it's not being reported yet.

Yo. Kinda like this. He could be a guy who needs a change of scenery. He was awful d**n good at a young age in the minors -- then, the reputed "attitude issues." A new club can turn a guy around.

There was got to be a trade of a middle infielder coming before long. I'm still guessing Freel for pitching.
    "Baseball is a very, very complex business. It's more of a people business than most businesses." - Bob Castellini

Turn Off Ads?