79. You may not vote on this poll
  • Clutch

34 43.04%
  • Automatic

45 56.96%
Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Thread: Clutch or automatic

Re: Clutch or automatic

I graduated from the Falcon to this one...

We'll go down in history as the first society that wouldn't save itself because it wasn't cost effective ~ Kurt Vonnegut

2. Turn Off Ads?

Automatic

I had to drive TB's stick shift from New York. She had the flu. She pulled over behind a gas station and said, "I can't drive anymore." I got a 5 minute lesson and got us home. I can't believe I didn't wipe out all the Teamsters that day. It was horrible, torrential rain. I pulled over close to home and told TB she had to get us to the house, I was afraid I'd drive through it.

i once had a dodge with the slant six. it had a three on a tree (!). fun tranny.
    My wife and I have always had manual transmissions - I think the manual truly helps you feel the road and control the curves more. But just got a snazzy european-made wagon with a 6 speed. I'm thrilled to have the auto. - the car drives like a slot is in the road!

The only thing missing in this pic is the duct tape holding the front quarter on. My brother called it the Ragavee.
    Next Reds manager, second shooter. --Confirmed on Redszone.

That Vega is horrifying. My Dad's first new car was a '74 and he sold it before the engine blew.

Quote Originally Posted by creek14
    Get back to me in a few years when you have two kids in car seats in the back screaming for the bottle and pacifier that they threw and are now rolling under your feet and you're at a stop light on a hill.
    Maybe so, and my fiance won't drive a standard, but I won't give in!

Well, maybe.

Quote Originally Posted by GIK
    That Vega is horrifying. My Dad's first new car was a '74 and he sold it before the engine blew.
    I can't remember if my brother sold his or just pushed it into the Ohio.
    Then again, I didn't do much better on my first vehicle purchase, a 1971 Datsun 1600 pickup.

I had a soccer coach who had a vega like that. He looked like Al Franken and you could see through the floor of the car. We used to have great fun dropping things out onto the road on the way to/from games.
    School's out. What did you expect?

Quote Originally Posted by RFS62

Nice wheels.
    "Hey...Dad. Wanna Have A Catch?" Kevin Costner in "Field Of Dreams."

Quote Originally Posted by pedro
    I had a soccer coach who had a vega like that. He looked like Al Franken and you could see through the floor of the car. We used to have great fun dropping things out onto the road on the way to/from games.
    The seat posts of my brother's fell through the floor boards. He had the gangsta lean before Snoopdog was out of diapers.

And I think the quarter panel rusted off before the original tires wore out. It was the beginning of a long slide for GM.

Hey, did your Scirocco leave a trail of oil behind it like my rabbit did? I used to put $5.00 of gas and a quart of oil in that poc every week. But that German handling was something!

For a Level Playing Field

Quote Originally Posted by RFS62

Wow. My first car was a red 1968 Camaro. Mine wasn't an SS version though... just the norm with a 327. I still kick myself for not hanging onto it!

My first two cars were manual transmission, a 85 Toyota MR2, and a 90 Chevy Blazer. After I sold my Blazer with 145K miles on it, I bought a Nissan Altima that was automatic. I hated it. The car was stolen last year, and I bought a 5 speed Honda CR-V. I like it a lot, although this is the first car I've had where I use my cell phone a lot. Talking on the phone and shifting is not a very fun combination. Most times I just let it roll to voice mail, but sometimes the call is unavoidable, so I'll just throw the phone down, shift, and then pick the phone back up.
    'When I'm not longer rapping, I want to open up an ice cream parlor and call myself Scoop Dogg.'
    -Snoop on his retirement

Your Mom is happy.

Quote Originally Posted by Red Leader
    My first two cars were manual transmission, a 85 Toyota MR2, and a 90 Chevy Blazer. After I sold my Blazer with 145K miles on it, I bought a Nissan Altima that was automatic. I hated it. The car was stolen last year, and I bought a 5 speed Honda CR-V. I like it a lot, although this is the first car I've had where I use my cell phone a lot. Talking on the phone and shifting is not a very fun combination. Most times I just let it roll to voice mail, but sometimes the call is unavoidable, so I'll just throw the phone down, shift, and then pick the phone back up.
    A hands-free headset for your cell phone does wonders. I have a 5-speed Toyota Camry SE. I had the cell phone issues until I got a new cell phone. They actually gave me the car charger and the hands-free set with the phone.
    Wear gaudy colors, or avoid display. Lay a million eggs or give birth to one. The fittest shall survive, yet the unfit may live. Be like your ancestors or be different. We must repeat!

Quote Originally Posted by SunDeck

Hey, did your Scirocco leave a trail of oil behind it like my rabbit did? I used to put $5.00 of gas and a quart of oil in that poc every week. But that German handling was something!
    Not really, but I did seel the 77 one to this guy from WV. I asked what he was going to do with it and he said that they raced Scirroco's on dirt tracks in WV. I thought that was a cool ending to my car. It did handle great.
    School's out. What did you expect?

Turn Off Ads?