79. You may not vote on this poll
  • Clutch

34 43.04%
  • Automatic

45 56.96%
Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst 12345

Thread: Clutch or automatic

Re: Clutch or automatic

Hey, did your Scirocco leave a trail of oil behind it like my rabbit did?
    Once I had to drive one of those across the country for him, the damn thing broke down in the Mojave Desert and I was stuck there for 3 days, then the moron who fixed it set the timing wrong and after 60 miles the points kept closing and the car would die. I was with my wife (way before she was the wife) and we'd roll to the side of the road and I'd have to reset the points, which I did with a folded up matchbook cover, I did this about 6 times until we got to Utah and found a VW dealer.

Still to this day she tells folks how I fixed the car with a matchbook cover and got us out of the hinderlands.

2. Turn Off Ads?

A guitar pick was always good for the points too.
    Get your nunchucks and the keys to your dad's car. I know where we can get a gun

Quote Originally Posted by Yachtzee
    A hands-free headset for your cell phone does wonders. I have a 5-speed Toyota Camry SE. I had the cell phone issues until I got a new cell phone. They actually gave me the car charger and the hands-free set with the phone.
    What is this technology you speak of?

I try, at all costs, to avoid using my cell phone at all. Sometimes, it is unavoidable...the wife calling to have me pick up something on the way home, etc. Most calls are less than 1 minute. Once I get in 5th, it's not a problem and my drive home is all highway, so it's only in about the first 5 minutes of my drive, and the last 5 where it's a problem. I don't want to spend more money on something I hope not to use, but I appreciate the you mentioning this. If it gets too annoying, I'll probably get a hands free device, but until then I like ignoring my phone calls or acting like I was listening the whole time.
    'When I'm not longer rapping, I want to open up an ice cream parlor and call myself Scoop Dogg.'
    -Snoop on his retirement

Your Mom is happy.

Automatic.

I had a standard for a bit - we bought the car without me knowing how to drive a manuel, I left for school almost two days later and I never figured out how to do it. It did not end well. I am an automatic dude all the way.
    "I came here to kick ass and chew bubble gum... and I'm all out of bubble gum."
    - - Rowdy Roddy Piper

"It takes a big man to admit when he is wrong. I am not a big man"
    - - Fletch

Automatic. Standards are useless to me, a waste of time and energy.

I have a 2005 Nissan Titan.
    "My mission is to be the ray of hope, the guy who stands out there on that beautiful field and owns up to his mistakes and lets people know it's never completely hopeless, no matter how bad it seems at the time. I have a platform and a message, and now I go to bed at night, sober and happy, praying I can be a good messenger." -Josh Hamilton

Quote Originally Posted by westofyou
    Once I had to drive one of those across the country for him, the damn thing broke down in the Mojave Desert
    Rojo's maxim, "Never drive a German car through the desert". Seriously. Happens every time.
    The widow is gathering nettles for her children's dinner; a perfumed seigneur, delicately lounging in the Oeil de Boeuf, hath an alchemy whereby he will extract the third nettle and call it rent. ~ Carlyle

Designated Threadkiller LincolnparkRed's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Puffy
    Automatic.

I had a standard for a bit - we bought the car without me knowing how to drive a manuel, I left for school almost two days later and I never figured out how to do it. It did not end well. I am an automatic dude all the way.
    I had almost the same thing, my parents leased me a car through college that was manual without me being able to drive it at first. It took a few days but driving back from UD to Centerville uphill almost the whole way made me pretty good at it real fast. Now I don't drive much since the bus is cheaper than driving.
    Climbing down from the bridge, but keeping the torch lit until Dusty's fate is settled

my first car was a vw beetle (bug)...my dad taught me how to drive it...i can still see his head bobbing back and forth as i tried to shift gears...i can't tell you how many cups of coffee he ended up spilling all over the place...not sure why he even bothered to bring it along...

the first time i took the car out by myself, i car stuck at a 6 way intersection...it was a complete nightmare...i had to walk over to a nearby restaurant and have my dad help me get going again...my trouble was getting started in first gear, not shifting after i once got moving...oy vey...

Quote Originally Posted by Red Leader
    What is this technology you speak of?

I try, at all costs, to avoid using my cell phone at all. Sometimes, it is unavoidable...the wife calling to have me pick up something on the way home, etc. Most calls are less than 1 minute. Once I get in 5th, it's not a problem and my drive home is all highway, so it's only in about the first 5 minutes of my drive, and the last 5 where it's a problem. I don't want to spend more money on something I hope not to use, but I appreciate the you mentioning this. If it gets too annoying, I'll probably get a hands free device, but until then I like ignoring my phone calls or acting like I was listening the whole time.
    Back in the day, my wife could roll a cigarette while driving a stick, but she won't answer the phone when she's driving her minivan. Now, since she doesn't give out the number and I'm the only one who knows it off the top of their head, you may point out the obvious...but I would prefer to think she's being safe.
    Next Reds manager, second shooter. --Confirmed on Redszone.

Turn Off Ads?