Turn Off Ads?
Page 1 of 6 12345 ... LastLast

Thread: 2006 Home Run GAB totals

2006 Home Run GAB totals

With the record being 303 at Coors Field in 1999. GAB this season has given up 17 in 4 games. Will keep track this season and break it down as the season goes along in this thread. On a side note Toronto is at the exact same pace as the Reds right now. Does anyone know of a site that tracks homers just by parks..........

2. Turn Off Ads?

Re: 2006 Home Run GAB totals

Does anyone have past season totals at GAB. ESPN did say it gave up 246 last season.... A top ten all time #....and over the past 3 season US Cellular (White Soxs) is #1 homer park....Texas was #2 and GAB #3.

WOW.......TV guys just said...only 9 games have been played at GAB without a homer...........

20 homers in 5 games now........

21 HR........6 games........only 1 today.

23 hr...... 7games......2 tonight

6 dingers tonight........only seen the highlights of a couple......at least 2 were cheap.........if fences were pushed back a little they stay in the park...........pace is now 8 games 29 home runs........

4 more on the board today..........9 games 33 Home run trots at GAB this year..... no other park is really even close now...Coors Field has had a pretty low # this season........

A Lost Ball In High Weeds shredda2000's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by indyred
    4 more on the board today..........9 games 33 Home run trots at GAB this year..... no other park is really even close now...Coors Field has had a pretty low # this season........
    ...on pace for 297 homers...

Just checked Coors this season.........8 games only 13 homers.....

Whoa, what's going on with Coors Field? Did they change the baseballs again?

Quote Originally Posted by vaticanplum
    I don't know. They've got a team ERA of 4.19, good enough for 4th in the NL.

Quote Originally Posted by vaticanplum
    I thought they were using a humidor again to change moisture content of the balls...

when I get home I'll check for a link.

Here is a link about Coors:

http://www.denverpost.com/renck/ci_3500088

I thought they were doing something new this year with the humidor, but I haven't been able to find the article I read, but this a least explains why its not the home run park most remember.

Interesting to note how hard it is for a reputation to die. I suspect for years afterwards, we will have to hear how extremely unfriendly GAB is to pitchers long after we lost our slugging team and our gopher ball pitchers.

Sorry, here's another:

http://www.rockymountainnews.com/drm...600134,00.html

Says the Rockies are storing the balls longer in the humidor this year, but aren't sure if thats the reason or not.

Turn Off Ads?