Turn Off Ads?

Thread: Hello, and a quick question..

Hello, and a quick question..

First off I'm new to the forum so i just wanted to say hello to everyone. Secondly I am a fairly new fan to the Reds (having visited your beautiful stadium last summer I got hooked), and I was thinking about buying an authentic Red Alternate jersey. My question is do you think junior will be with the team long enough to warrant a $229 purchase of his jersey? He has always been one of my favorites since his Seattle days, and I would love to have an authentic...so what do you all think, will he be around a while?

2. Turn Off Ads?

Re: Hello, and a quick question..

It depends how well off you are, but I personally wouldn't do that.

I dropped 229 on a Felipe all-star game jersey last year, and that one hurt me.

Buy it off ebay. I got a Chad Johnson Bengals authentic for like 60 bucks... I'm sure you can find the same thing for Reds authentics...

Going with the Griffey one is cool for virtually forever b/c griff is a legend... even when he's retired, you could still wear it to the park etc. etc.

I Still Miss Sean Casey

Quote Originally Posted by redsman344
    First off I'm new to the forum so i just wanted to say hello to everyone. Secondly I am a fairly new fan to the Reds (having visited your beautiful stadium last summer I got hooked), and I was thinking about buying an authentic Red Alternate jersey. My question is do you think junior will be with the team long enough to warrant a $229 purchase of his jersey? He has always been one of my favorites since his Seattle days, and I would love to have an authentic...so what do you all think, will he be around a while?
    Welcome; I'm new to the board myself and I got hooked on the Reds when I visited the GABP in its first year back in 2003.

Quote Originally Posted by WilyMoROCKS
    Buy it off ebay. I got a Chad Johnson Bengals authentic for like 60 bucks... I'm sure you can find the same thing for Reds authentics...

Going with the Griffey one is cool for virtually forever b/c griff is a legend... even when he's retired, you could still wear it to the park etc. etc.
    That's pretty much how I see it. I don't own any jerseys, but if I ever bought one, it would be someone from the BRM. Any player who clearly established himself in a given uniform would be acceptable, however, and Griffey in a Reds jersey certainly qualifies. Even if he were traded tomorrow, his Reds jersey would remain fashionable from now on, IMO.

If you go the ebay route, be careful about what you are buying. There are certain things to look for. If you find something and want to check it out for authenticity, drop me a Private Message and I can either help you or put you in touch with some folks who can.

Thanks alot for the help all

Turn Off Ads?