Turn Off Ads?

Thread: LaRue 'penciled in' the line-up for Tues. & Thurs.

LaRue 'penciled in' the line-up for Tues. & Thurs.

Reds manager Jerry Narron has already penciled in Jason LaRue (knee) to start on Tuesday and Thursday after he comes off the DL.
    LaRue won't play Wednesday because Javier Valentin is 6-for-10 with four homers against Cubs starter Greg Maddux.
    Reds.com link

2. Turn Off Ads?

Re: LaRue 'penciled in' the line-up for Tues. & Thurs.

Quote Originally Posted by PTBNL
    Reds manager Jerry Narron has already penciled in Jason LaRue (knee) to start on Tuesday and Thursday after he comes off the DL.
    LaRue won't play Wednesday because Javier Valentin is 6-for-10 with four homers against Cubs starter Greg Maddux.
    Reds.com link
    Hopefully we'll see some moves to help this bullpen in order to activate LaRue.

With a not so good spring for LaRue(hitting), why not send him down to Louisville for a week to get his hitting eye back. He's not faced major league pitching in 2 weeks. What will it hurt?
    1st pick of the 2023 baseball amateur draft

Quote Originally Posted by George Foster
    With a not so good spring for LaRue(hitting), why not send him down to Louisville for a week to get his hitting eye back. He's not faced major league pitching in 2 weeks. What will it hurt?

LaRue's ego would be hurt I think; and long term that might damage the club more than what him playing his eye into shape at the MLB level will do. It seems to important to LaRue to be known as the "#1 catcher" even if Javy is catching 40-50% of the games. Notice how Narron even goes out of the way to make sure he refers to LaRue as the #1 even though he was the man who made them 1 and 1A instead of a clear 1 and 2.

Also I think the sooner LaRue can show he is healthy, the sooner we will see a deal for pitching which involves either LaRue or Valentin going in the other direction. Looking at the salaries, the way Valentin has picked right back up, and the way Krivsky talks up Ross, I think it could well be LaRue on the move.
    Last edited by jnwohio; 04-09-2006 at 12:53 AM.

You can't send LaRue to AAA, he would have to clear waivers.

I think they were talking about a "rehab" stint in AAA before activating him.
    Quote Originally Posted by BuckeyeRed27 View Post
    Honest I can't say it any better than Hoosier Red did in his post, he sums it up basically perfectly.

Quote Originally Posted by PTBNL
    You can't send LaRue to AAA, he would have to clear waivers.
    Curt Shilling pitched in AAA ball to rehab his ancle surgery.

Quote Originally Posted by jnwohio
    LaRue's ego would be hurt I think; and long term that might damage the club more than what him playing his eye into shape at the MLB level will do. It seems to important to LaRue to be known as the "#1 catcher" even if Javy is catching 40-50% of the games. Notice how Narron even goes out of the way to make sure he refers to LaRue as the #1 even though he was the man who made them 1 and 1A instead of a clear 1 and 2.

Also I think the sooner LaRue can show he is healthy, the sooner we will see a deal for pitching which involves either LaRue or Valentin going in the other direction. Looking at the salaries, the way Valentin has picked right back up, and the way Krivsky talks up Ross, I think it could well be LaRue on the move.
    Screw his ego, do what's best for the team. Why watch him hit .150 for 6 weeks?

He's going to Sarasota for a couple games of rehab so he won't be playing on Tuesday. More likely he'll be activated for the Cards series beginning Friday at New Busch.

Championships for MY teams in my lifetime:
    Cincinnati Reds - 75, 76, 90
    Chicago Blackhawks - 10, 13, 15
    University of Kentucky - 78, 96, 98, 12
    Chicago Bulls - 91, 92, 93, 96, 97, 98

“Everything that happens before Death is what counts.”
    ― Ray Bradbury, Something Wicked This Way Comes

Quote Originally Posted by Joseph
    He's going to Sarasota for a couple games of rehab so he won't be playing on Tuesday. More likely he'll be activated for the Cards series beginning Friday at New Busch.
    Good!!! Free at bats!

Quote Originally Posted by George Foster
    Screw his ego, do what's best for the team. Why watch him hit .150 for 6 weeks?
    EXACTLY!
    That's ridiculous. jnwohio, I am not saying that you are ridiculous, but I am not into coddling players. I want to win!!!
    George, I was wrong about the AAA thing as Hoosier pointed out, I misunderstood the original post. David Wells is in AAA right now.

I remember last year when Aurilia balked at a rehab assingment. The Reds wanted him to go down for several days but he didn't want to go at all. So they compromised at 1 game. I know Jason's not quite as outspoken as Aurilia but I could see him not being happy about a rehab assingnment that lasts more than a couple of days.
    Quote Originally Posted by Raisor View Post
    I was wrong
    Quote Originally Posted by Raisor View Post
    Chip is right

Quote Originally Posted by Chip R
    I remember last year when Aurilia balked at a rehab assingment. The Reds wanted him to go down for several days but he didn't want to go at all. So they compromised at 1 game. I know Jason's not quite as outspoken as Aurilia but I could see him not being happy about a rehab assingnment that lasts more than a couple of days.
    Haven't read the whole thread, but the morning paper said it was to give him some "warm weather" AB's, which makes some sense. Likewise, I think it gives them a little bit of roster flexibility for a few days.

Wayne K. is proving to be quite the juggler methinks.

Turn Off Ads?