Starters vs. Bullpen

Starters:
    IP: 30.1
    ER: 21
    (Harang has 11)

Relievers:
    13.2 IP
    ER: 16 ER

The starters outside of Harang have been really good, but the bullpen has been god awful!
    Quote Originally Posted by Scooter View Post
    A little bit off topic, but do you guys think that Jesse Winker profiles more like Pete Rose or is he just the next Hal Morris??

2. Turn Off Ads?

Re: Starters vs. Bullpen

Quote Originally Posted by reds44
    Starters:
    IP: 30.1
    ER: 21
    (Harang has 11)

Relievers:
    13.2 IP
    ER: 16 ER

The starters outside of Harang have been really good, but the bullpen has been god awful!
    Harang has been pretty good too, I thought he pitched awesome today, but he doesn't have anything to show for it(Thanks Burns). The Reds better be trading those catchers and middle infielders for some relievers or we're going to see a really good team be under .500.

Wagner and Shack could be a temporary solution until you do make a trade also.

And I agree Harang pitched pretty well today.
    A little bit off topic, but do you guys think that Jesse Winker profiles more like Pete Rose or is he just the next Hal Morris??

Quote Originally Posted by harangatang
    Harang has been pretty good too, I thought he pitched awesome today, but he doesn't have anything to show for it(Thanks Burns).
    Harang got the win.
    What am I missing here? What did you mean to say?

Quote Originally Posted by PTBNL
    Harang got the win.
    He gave up 5 ERs today. He could have very easily had a QS.

Making sense of it all Matt700wlw's Avatar

He gave up 5 ERs today. He could have very easily had a QS.
    technically, by the rules of baseball stats, yes he did, but that wasn't all on him - Mike Burns pretty much blew it for him. Either Harang shouldn't have pitched the inning or should have been allowed to attempt to get out of his jam...neither happened.

Stats don't tell the whole story

Quote Originally Posted by Matt700wlw
    technically, by the rules of baseball stats, yes he did, but that wasn't all on him - Mike Burns pretty much blew it for him.

Stats don't tell the whole story
    I know. Read the two posts above mine and you will understand my post better.
    Last edited by reds44; 04-08-2006 at 05:09 PM.

Making sense of it all Matt700wlw's Avatar

I know. Read the two post above mine and you will understand my post better.
    Ok...my bad.

The way the bullpen has looked sort of makes me long to have Danny Graves back. He often got rocked, but he offset that with an occasional good outing. On the other hand, this pen has been like clockwork with giving up runs.

Of Harang's 11 runs allowed so far this year, the bullpen has allowed all five inherited runners of his to score, which is, to not put to fine a point on it, shameful.

Harang will be this team's ace, and the 10 Ks to 0 BBs today shows that it is underway already.

If anything, this opening week is more proof of how bad the relief corps really is.

There is no way the Reds continue at a winning clip if they're gonna need to score 7 runs per game.
    "Baseball players are smarter than football players. How often do you see a baseball team penalized for too many men on the field?" ~ Jim Bouton

Harang got the win.
    I'll expand my statement to not only include the inability of Mike Burns to pitch. This bullpen SUCKS. Harang might have got the win today but if the bullpen continues to suck this bad, Harang will end up with more than the losses this bullpen handed him last year.

Oh yeah, I agree, this bullpen is equivalent or worse than the '04 A's pen.
    And people are shocked and appalled that a starter wouldn't want to pitch here.
    I just think you should look at it as a win, is a win, is a win.
    Cross our fingers, hold our breath when need be, but hope HOPE someone DOES SOMETHING ABOUT IT! SOON!

I just think you should look at it as a win, is a win, is a win.
    A win is a win and Harang won 11 games last year, but unforunately he could've won alot more. It's going to be a wonder if the bullpen doesn't cost us a win tomorrow, but what's going to happen when the Reds start playing better clubs than Pittsburgh?

Cross our fingers, hold our breath when need be, but hope HOPE someone DOES SOMETHING ABOUT IT! SOON!
    Ditto, the Reds better be dealing some middle infielders and a catcher.

Harang have a Little Pressure on him you think?

I think it could be the pressuer of #1 on him.. the EXPECTATIONS.

He's given up alot of runs but he's also struck out quite a few ppl.

I look for him to improve his ERA greatly once away from GAB for a bit Seems like only runs being scored on him right now have been from HR's he's given up.. what?? prolly 8 or 9 of those 11 he's given up have been on HR's
    Proud Member of "The Bengals Lair"
    http://www.uranking.com/vote.asp?member=45269
    http://www.powerhouserock.net
    Somebody's gotta win and somebody's gotta lose and I believe in letting the other guy lose. - Pete Rose

Turn Off Ads?