Turn Off Ads?
Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast

Thread: Denofria to AAA

Denofria to AAA

Reds optioned outfielder Chris Denorfia to Triple-A Louisville.
    The move opens up a roster spot for Brandon Phillips. Denorfia went 2-for-2 with a double while appearing in three games off the bench

2. Turn Off Ads?

Re: Denofria to AAA

Let the Christian Guzman Wilson Phillips fetish commence!
    “And when finally they sense that some position cannot be sustained, they do not re-examine their ideas. Instead, they simply change the subject.” Jamie Galbraith

got alil captain in u?

freel now becomes the 4th outfielder prolly spelling dunn griff and kearns when they need a break but i hope he still is the starting second baseman

there was a poll on who would be the last person to get out. Well, we should have put Denorfia in the mix. He may be batting 1,000 for a long time. This is not a surprise. Bye bye ABAD when LaRue comes back.

Charlie Brown All-Star IslandRed's Avatar

I'm actually OK with that, for now. Better to play every day in Louisville than sit around and get two at-bats a week.
    Reading comprehension is not just an ability, it's a choice

Quote Originally Posted by IslandRed
    I'm actually OK with that, for now. Better to play every day in Louisville than sit around and get two at-bats a week.
    Have to agree with that, why even take the chance of stunting Denofrio's progress rotting on the Red's bench.

Quote Originally Posted by IslandRed
    I agree, if the Reds don't want him as a starting outfielder everyday at least let him play every day in AAA until they need him (injury or trade).

So Phillips gets to rot on the bench? I don't have any problem with that, necessarily, but all you're doing is swapping one young hitter in need of atbats for another.
    “And when finally they sense that some position cannot be sustained, they do not re-examine their ideas. Instead, they simply change the subject.” Jamie Galbraith

AH..axious to see next weeks Lineups
    Proud Member of "The Bengals Lair"
    http://www.uranking.com/vote.asp?member=45269
    http://www.powerhouserock.net
    Somebody's gotta win and somebody's gotta lose and I believe in letting the other guy lose. - Pete Rose

Charlie Brown All-Star IslandRed's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Falls City Beer
    So Phillips gets to rot on the bench? I don't have any problem with that, necessarily, but all you're doing is swapping one young hitter in need of atbats for another.
    If Krivsky does us the favor of removing Womack from the equation, then it falls into place pretty neatly -- Freel can start most of the games at second, Aurilia is primary sub on the corners, Phillips backs up both middle infield spots.

But mostly, it comes down to the fact that Denorfia can be sent down without going through waivers and Phillips can't. Of course, if my preferred scenario comes to pass and Freel plays mostly second, Denorfia could be the fourth outfielder instead of the fifth... oh well. I suspect we're going to see a whole bunch more roster churn this year. Of the guys on the 40-man roster, there are fewer than ten, I guess, where I would be surprised if they weren't part of the team by next spring.
    Reading comprehension is not just an ability, it's a choice

Phillips is out of options. That's why Cleveland had to DFA him.
    School's out. What did you expect?

Difference is Phillips is out of options, while Deno isn't.
    Quote Originally Posted by Scooter View Post
    A little bit off topic, but do you guys think that Jesse Winker profiles more like Pete Rose or is he just the next Hal Morris??

Denofria needs to play everyday. But if one of the starting outfielders goes on the DL, we have a pretty good idea who to recall.
    If you think small, you'll go nowhere in life.

Difference is Phillips is out of options, while Deno isn't.

Look, I understand that.

But that's not my point. I'd like the Reds decision making process to be based more on "what's good for the MLB squad" and "what's good for the player?" rather than "how can I shoe-horn X player into the lineup" and "who's got options left?"

To my way of thinking, the Reds best PH is gone, and another horrible offensive MI has taken his place, all to satisfy the "tinkering" bug of Wayne Krivsky.

It's not earth-shattering one way or another, but, IMO, it weakens the MLB squad, unless they plan to dump Womack and let Phillips get a decent amount of defensive time at 2nd.
    Last edited by Falls City Beer; 04-08-2006 at 07:42 PM.

Look, I understand that.

But that's not my point. I'd like the Reds decision making process to be based more on "what's good for the MLB squad" and "what's good for the player?" rather than "how can I shoe-horn X player into the lineup" and "who's got options left?"

To my way of thinking, the Reds best PH is gone, and another horrible offensive MI has taken his place, all to satisfy the "tinkering" bug of Wayne Krivsky.
    Clearly offense isn't this teams problem.
    Quote Originally Posted by Scooter View Post
    A little bit off topic, but do you guys think that Jesse Winker profiles more like Pete Rose or is he just the next Hal Morris??

Turn Off Ads?