Turn Off Ads?

Thread: Kazmir

Kazmir

I just got offered Kazmir for Josh Willingham.

My other C is Lo Duca.

SP are Zambrano, Lackey, Blanton, Bonderman, and Burnett.

I like Willinghams potential at the C position, but Kazmir had 174 k's last year.

Any thoughts?

2. Turn Off Ads?

Re: Kazmir

The only thing Kazmir gives you is Ks. He'll not win very many games, he'll walk quite a few and have a decent amount of 5+ ER games.

Willingham is a luxury at C. If you want to move him, wait and get something better than Kazmir.
    Matta = Really good

Stat Wanker Hodiernus RedsManRick's Avatar

I would hold on to Willingham. Kazmir will get innings and K's, but like others have pointed out, his ratios won't help and he's not likely to win more then 12-13 games.

Your rotation is solid and gives you plenty of Ks.
    Games are won on run differential -- scoring more than your opponent. Runs are runs, scored or prevented they all count the same. Worry about scoring more and allowing fewer, not which positions contribute to which side of the equation or how "consistent" you are at your current level of performance.

The thing I don't like about Kazmir is that he changed his delivery. In the beginning of ST he started bringing his right foot straight back instead of off to the side when he begins his windup. It successfully lasted all of 2 starts, then he's thrown like crap ever since. Yesterday he picked up his 1st win, BUT on 12 hits. That would scare me as a fantasy owner.

Turn Off Ads?