Re: Marty and Hal believe a trade is brewing

Quote Originally Posted by reds44
    Didn't he say he would last year?
    Not that I remember.
    Go Gators!

2. Turn Off Ads?

Quote Originally Posted by westofyou
    Other than the drool on the pillow from that dream sequence?

Not much.
    Sleep on your back
    Go Gators!

Greatness In The Making RedLegSuperStar's Avatar

I'd hope something happens by Monday. I'd dangle Valentin/Aurilia/Hatteberg for a starter. Then move Williams to the bullpen. Like said before ChiSox are dangling a starter.. but being 1-4 I don't see them coming cheap. I'd look to D-Rays maybe for Gathright. If the Rays throw in Edwin Jackson maybe the Reds can offer Belisle and Mercker.. Just hope we can bolster our staff then by doing that move starters down to relief to bolster our pen. Also if we can get a Gathright then we have a speedy lead off man who would be our LF and move Dunn back to 1st (Saw his defensive bunders on Baseball Tonight). Imagine a line up like this:

Gathright - LF
    Lopez - SS
    Griffey - CF
    Dunn - 1ST
    Encarnacion - 3RD
    Kearns - RF
    LaRue - C
    Womack - 2ND
    (Pitcher)

You have speed all troughout the line-up and the power will always be there. Dare I say it could be a line-up like the playoff Colorado Rockies teams in the past whos offense carried the team to contention while you know you pitching is average.

Didn't he say he would last year?
    I recall Pic or Lance said that last year that he would consider it. Basically and decision he'd make would involve his family.

Quote Originally Posted by RedLegSuperStar
    I'd hope something happens by Monday. I'd dangle Valentin/Aurilia/Hatteberg for a starter. Then move Williams to the bullpen. Like said before ChiSox are dangling a starter.. but being 1-4 I don't see them coming cheap. I'd look to D-Rays maybe for Gathright. If the Rays throw in Edwin Jackson maybe the Reds can offer Belisle and Mercker.. Just hope we can bolster our staff then by doing that move starters down to relief to bolster our pen. Also if we can get a Gathright then we have a speedy lead off man who would be our LF and move Dunn back to 1st (Saw his defensive bunders on Baseball Tonight). Imagine a line up like this:

Gathright - LF
    Lopez - SS
    Griffey - CF
    Dunn - 1ST
    Encarnacion - 3RD
    Kearns - RF
    LaRue - C
    Womack - 2ND
    (Pitcher)

You have speed all troughout the line-up and the power will always be there. Dare I say it could be a line-up like the playoff Colorado Rockies teams in the past whos offense carried the team to contention while you know you pitching is average.
    I would LOVE to get Gathright

How about:
    Reds get: Joey Gathright, Freddy Garcia
    White Sox get: Griffey
    Devil Rays get: Javy Valentin and .............
    Quote Originally Posted by Scooter View Post
    A little bit off topic, but do you guys think that Jesse Winker profiles more like Pete Rose or is he just the next Hal Morris??

I would LOVE to get Gathright

How about:
    Reds get: Joey Gathright, Freddy Garcia
    White Sox get: Griffey
    Devil Rays get: Javy Valentin and .............
    I would do that in a second.
    "Pam, I am public speaking...stop public interrupting me."
    -Michael Scott, "The Office"

"His capa was detated from his head!"
    -Michael Scott on the death of his former boss, Ed Truck, "The Office"

Quote Originally Posted by Krusty
    Well, if Krivsky can get Bronson Arroyo for Willy Mo Pena, the return should be greater for Austin Kearns.

And if the Twins offered either RHP Scott Baker or LHP Francisco Liriano along with another pitching prospect like RHP Boof Bonser, I can see Krivsky pulling the trigger and have Denorfia as the everyday rightfielder batting seventh in the lineup. Krivsky is high on Denorfia and knows he has nothing to prove back at Louisville.
    Two things.

1.Liriano isnt going anywhere. You would be lucky to get Boof Bonser alone out of Austin Kearns.

2.Austin Kearns has considerably less value than Willy Mo Pena. At least when Pena was healthy, he did produce.
    Quote Originally Posted by savafan View Post
    I've read books about sparkling vampires who walk around in the daylight that were written better than a John Fay article.

I just read on Marc's page that LaRue wont be back Tuesday because he will be in Sarasota catching Paul Wilson. I wonder if he'll be even activated during the Cubs series. So that may put a damper on any deal involving a catcher just yet.

Jason LaRue will not be with the team Tuesday in Chicago. Instead, he'll head to Sarasota to catch Paul Wilson's start in extended spring training. The Reds want LaRue to get at least a little game action under his belt before he is activated from the DL.

http://frontier.cincinnati.com/blogs/spring/

I think it's gonna be Kearns.

This from the Newark Star Ledger today:

WHAT WE'RE HEARING: Even with their outfield logjam apparently settled, the Reds are still shopping Austin Kearns to see if he can bring back a decent starting pitcher in a trade.
    LINK
    For every action there is an equal and opposite criticism.

Quote Originally Posted by OnBaseMachine
    Marty and Hal were talking about this during the second inning of Saturday's game. Apparently Hal asked Narron about the acquisition of Brandon Phillips...and Narron's response was, "if I told you, I would have to kill you". Both Marty and Hal believe a trade is in the works. I believe Marc has even commented that he wouldn't be surprised to see a trade on Monday.

I'm trying to figure out who it could be. It wouldn't be an outfielder because they most likely wouldn't have sent Denorfia down knowing one of the outfielders were about to be traded.

You can absolutely not trade Felipe Lopez unless you get a bonafide number one starter in return. Edwin Encarnacion should also be untouchable unless a team dangles a Francisco Liriano or Justin Verlander type of pitching prospect.

Adam Dunn should only be dealt for two players in major league baseball: Albert Pujols or Rich Harden.

I want to hang on to Kearns, however, if someone offers a deal that blows me away then I would do it. I would only trade Freel if it nets me two power arm relievers or a #2 or 3 starting pitcher.

I would look into packaging one of the catchers plus a prospect for Jeff Francis. He will never do much in Coors Field anyways so why not go after him. Gavin Floyd is another guy I would like to have.
    i totally disagree. dunn isnt that good. you must think he plays great def, runs well, runs the bases right, hits for avg, drives in a ton of runs. man, id take a number 1 or 2 GREAT prospects for dunn. hes reaching legendary overrated status by reds fans. id rather have freel, lopez, kearns, etc than dunn. maybe im too down on him, but some are way to high on him. hes one dimensional. ill take a guy who can hit, run and play def over a guy who hits the ball 500 feet

Quote Originally Posted by max venable
    I think it's gonna be Kearns.

This from the Newark Star Ledger today:

LINK
    that'd be dumb imo. id trade dunn before kearns even with what dunn has done and with what kearns hasnt

Quote Originally Posted by NewEraReds
    i totally disagree. dunn isnt that good. you must think he plays great def, runs well, runs the bases right, hits for avg, drives in a ton of runs. man, id take a number 1 or 2 GREAT prospects for dunn. hes reaching legendary overrated status by reds fans. id rather have freel, lopez, kearns, etc than dunn. maybe im too down on him, but some are way to high on him. hes one dimensional. ill take a guy who can hit, run and play def over a guy who hits the ball 500 feet
    Homeruns are not the only thing Dunn is good at. He DOES knock in a good amount of runs, scores a lot of them, always has a very high OBP, and he does have pretty solid speed for a guy his size. So are you saying you'd take a guy like let say, Carl Crawford, over a guy who can consistantly put up 40 HRs 100 RBIs 100 Runs and also put up a .900+ OPS?
    "Pam, I am public speaking...stop public interrupting me."
    -Michael Scott, "The Office"

"His capa was detated from his head!"
    -Michael Scott on the death of his former boss, Ed Truck, "The Office"

that'd be dumb imo. id trade dunn before kearns even with what dunn has done and with what kearns hasnt

Why?

Quote Originally Posted by Newman4
    I disagree. Freel is a lot faster than Stynes (36 and 37 steals the last two seasons) and has a higher career OBP. I agree he has little trade value though.
    I guess I should have made myself clearer.....not like Stynes in terms of abilities per se, but like Stynes in that he is a decent ballplayer on a bad team IF and only IF he does NOT play everyday. He just isn't quite talented enough to be a regular ML player.

The Reds know it......everybody else in baseball knows it.....only those few on Redszone that cannot see this do not know it.

Yeah, Dunn isn't that good. He's only the first Reds player to ever have two seasons of 100+ runs, 100+ RBI, and 100+ walks. Two straight 40 homerun seasons. 160 career homeruns at age 26. Yeah, he sucks.

Turn Off Ads?