Turn Off Ads?
Page 15 of 15 FirstFirst ... 51112131415

Thread: Marty and Hal believe a trade is brewing

Re: Marty and Hal believe a trade is brewing

I just took a look at the offensive stats for this year's Minnesota Twins.

Offensive just about covers it. Only two regulars with an OPS above .680. 2, and one of them is Juan Castro.

Another week or two of this and they just might see RA and a minor league pitcher as an upgrade. This offense is the baseball equivelant of the La Brea Tar Pits.
    Dubito Ergo Cogito Ergo Sum.

2. Turn Off Ads?

Quote Originally Posted by westofyou
    Code:
    2001  2nd     85   77  .525    6   
    2002  1st     94   67  .584  +13.5   AL CENTRAL CHAMPIONS
    2003  1st     90   72  .556   +4     AL CENTRAL CHAMPIONS
    2004  1st     92   70  .568   +9     AL CENTRAL CHAMPIONS
    2005  3rd     83   79  .512   16
    Something happened between 2004 & 2005. I don't know what, but something. They could finish behind the Tigers with this offense.
    Dubito Ergo Cogito Ergo Sum.

According to MLB Trade Rumors,

All sorts of emails about the Reds recently. Everyone thinks they're due for a trade, and I can't disagree. Unfortunately I've come up empty on any inside rumblings of a deal. But take a look at this depth chart! The team has three catchers and five middle infielders, but lacks a real first baseman and could use some relief help. Something's gotta give. The Jays could probably spare a corner type, and the Twins could have some use for a middle infielder who can hit. The Mets might not mind another second base option.

http://www.mlbtraderumors.com/2006/0...ded_rumor.html

700 (caveats inherent here) said they believe Kearns, a pitcher, and a second baseman will be gone before the end of next week for a starter and a reliever.
    "It's easier to give up. I'm not a very vocal player. I lead by example. I take the attitude that I've got to go out and do it. Because of who I am, I've got to give everything I've got to come back."
    -Ken Griffey Jr.

Greatness In The Making RedLegSuperStar's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by zombie-a-go-go
    700 (caveats inherent here) said they believe Kearns, a pitcher, and a second baseman will be gone before the end of next week for a starter and a reliever.

They are trying to trade Kata.. But Krivsky said that was about it in the DDN
    What's up, Wayne?

With the jam-up in the infield that includes four second basemen and a roster that soon will include three catchers, it figures general manager Wayne Krivsky is hot on the trail of trade.

"Not really, nothing much going on," he said. "We're trying to do something with Matt Kata since we've designated him for assignment. We'd like to do something good for him in a trade that is almost something good for us."

Yes, Kata was a second baseman, too.

Turn Off Ads?