Turn Off Ads?
Page 5 of 15 FirstFirst 123456789 ... LastLast

Thread: Marty and Hal believe a trade is brewing

Re: Marty and Hal believe a trade is brewing

Quote Originally Posted by OnBaseMachine
    Yeah, Dunn isn't that good. He's only the first Reds player to ever have two seasons of 100+ runs, 100+ RBI, and 100+ walks. Two straight 40 homerun seasons. 160 career homeruns at age 26. Yeah, he sucks.
    Thank you OBM. That was the point I was trying to make in my above post.
    "Pam, I am public speaking...stop public interrupting me."
    -Michael Scott, "The Office"

"His capa was detated from his head!"
    -Michael Scott on the death of his former boss, Ed Truck, "The Office"

2. Turn Off Ads?

Quote Originally Posted by NewEraReds
    i totally disagree. dunn isnt that good. you must think he plays great def, runs well, runs the bases right, hits for avg, drives in a ton of runs. man, id take a number 1 or 2 GREAT prospects for dunn. hes reaching legendary overrated status by reds fans. id rather have freel, lopez, kearns, etc than dunn. maybe im too down on him, but some are way to high on him. hes one dimensional. ill take a guy who can hit, run and play def over a guy who hits the ball 500 feet
    Yeah... I agree... lets trade the most prolific power hitter in reds history for a prospect. Is this guy an idiot?
    "I notice that I'm throwing hard when I hear the crowd gasping," - Chapman

Quote Originally Posted by NastyBoy
    Is this guy an idiot?
    He is very wrong, but lets not call the guy an idiot. Don't take it that far.

I still think this team should have traded Kearns for Westbrook when they had the chance. And trading Dunn should be absolutely out of the question. I would however start to look into the very real possibility that Lopez might have to be traded at some point. Anyone know how many years he is under the Reds control after this season?

Quote Originally Posted by VI_RedsFan
    He is very wrong, but lets not call the guy an idiot. Don't take it that far.
    Yeah.. that may have been a little much. Sorry. I am sure Jim Bowden is the only one that would agree with his assessment.

Quote Originally Posted by kbrake
    Anyone know how many years he is under the Reds control after this season?
    I'm not sure, but Boras is his agent and I don't like that.

Quote Originally Posted by kbrake
    Anyone know how many years he is under the Reds control after this season?
    Felipe Lopez eligible for free agency after the 2008 season.

FYI Future Reds Free Agents:

After 2007

Adam Dunn (Team Option)
    Austin Kearns
    Bronson Arroyo
    Eric Milton
    Jason LaRue

After 2008

Felippe Lopez
    Aaron Harang
    Ken Griffey Jr. (Team Option)

hes one dimensional. ill take a guy who can hit, run and play def over a guy who hits the ball 500 feet
    Really. Thank God you're not the manager.

Do that and the Reds will lose a whole lot more games than they already do.

Nope, he's not a gold glover on defense, but his bat and his walks more than makes up for it... if he was a gold glover how many runs do you think he'd prevent? My guess is.... less than 10 (in a season).

Now I ask you, is that worth trading away his offensive prowess? Another thing to consider is that he could be traded to an NL team, worse, one in the NL Central. It gives me the creeps to even think of him as a competitor.
    "Enjoy this Reds fans, you are watching a legend grow up before your very eyes" ... DoogMinAmo on Adam Dunn

Quote Originally Posted by WVRed
    Two things.

2.Austin Kearns has considerably less value than Willy Mo Pena.
    I'm not buying that for a minute.
    Get your nunchucks and the keys to your dad's car. I know where we can get a gun

Quote Originally Posted by TeamBoone
    Really. Thank God you're not the manager.

Do that and the Reds will lose a whole lot more games than they already do.

Nope, he's not a gold glover on defense, but his bat and his walks more than makes up for it... if he was a gold glover how many runs do you think he'd prevent? My guess is.... less than 10 (in a season).

Now I ask you, is that worth trading away his offensive prowess? Another thing to consider is that he could be traded to an NL team, worse, one in the NL Central. It gives me the creeps to even think of him as a competitor.
    He just isnt a gold glover, the guy is absolutely horrible in the field. Yes, he is worth trading away if you can get good pitching in return. He walks a lot and hits lots of home runs. I would bet his defense would prevent more than 10 runs in a season if he were a gold glover, becuase by my count he has cost us 4 or 5 runs this week already with his defense. I think it would be bad for the Reds to trade him within the division, but outside of the division isnt so bad in my eyes. He is also a free agent in 2/3 years so he will go wherever he wants to anyways. The Reds need pitching. The Reds need defense. Trading Dunn would likely imrpove both areas dramatically.

Quote Originally Posted by dougdirt
    He just isnt a gold glover, the guy is absolutely horrible in the field. Yes, he is worth trading away if you can get good pitching in return. He walks a lot and hits lots of home runs. I would bet his defense would prevent more than 10 runs in a season if he were a gold glover, becuase by my count he has cost us 4 or 5 runs this week already with his defense. I think it would be bad for the Reds to trade him within the division, but outside of the division isnt so bad in my eyes. He is also a free agent in 2/3 years so he will go wherever he wants to anyways. The Reds need pitching. The Reds need defense. Trading Dunn would likely imrpove both areas dramatically.
    He had a bad game opening day but I would not say he is horrible in the field.

I agree that if the Reds got offered the kings ransom for Dunn they'd have to consider it but in no way should he be the guy they're aggressively peddling.
    Last edited by pedro; 04-09-2006 at 09:40 PM.
    Get your nunchucks and the keys to your dad's car. I know where we can get a gun

Quote Originally Posted by dougdirt
    Dunn was a MLB average defensive LF last season and is one of only four NL players to finish in the top 10 Runs Created list for each of the last two seasons (Pujols, Abreu, Helton are the other three). And now he's entering his age-prime years.

I'll trade anyone, but any deal involving Dunn needs to be so good that it's almost insane (if not completely insane) for the other guy to offer it. Unless a deal like that comes down the pike, you focus on swapping other lesser redundant parts (including every single propect in the Reds' system) in combination to get what you need.
    "The problem with strikeouts isn't that they hurt your team, it's that they hurt your feelings..." --Rob Neyer

"The single most important thing for a hitter is to get a good pitch to hit. A good hitter can hit a pitch that’s over the plate three times better than a great hitter with a ball in a tough spot.”
    --Ted Williams

Bristol, just around the corner from ESPN

Quote Originally Posted by reds44
    All I know is this, only 3 position players on the Reds should be untouchable. 1. Felipe 2. Dunn 3. Edwin. If we could trade Freel and get equal value for him, and get this bullpen much needed help I would do it. We aren't going to be able to trade Womack or RA and get something that will actually help us. If you want to get something good, then you have to give something good.

Freel, Kearns, one of the catchers, and Griffey are the most likely to go.

Maybe it's just me, but I don't know why there's so much manlove for FeLo. He's a below average defensive SS, and he's had 1 All-Star caliber year at the plate, but IIRC he struggled the 2nd half of last year. Since everyone perceives that FeLo's trade value is high right now, why not move him? We could easily put Brandon Phillips at SS, or Aurillia, or Freel and then have Aurillia or Freel or Womack at 2B. Why not go out and get that top caliber starter for FeLo if he's worth so much in the market? I think Freel has more value to our team than he does in the market, so you have to keep him, and the same goes for Aurillia and Womack, so that lowers FeLo's value to our team while his market value remains high.

Bottomline, get over the manlove, trade Felipe Lopez. Getting Brandon Phillips should have easily punched FeLo's ticket out of town for something that can help this ball club.

Quote Originally Posted by Highlifeman21
    Maybe it's just me, but I don't know why there's so much manlove for FeLo. He's a below average defensive SS, and he's had 1 All-Star caliber year at the plate, but IIRC he struggled the 2nd half of last year. Since everyone perceives that FeLo's trade value is high right now, why not move him? We could easily put Brandon Phillips at SS, or Aurillia, or Freel and then have Aurillia or Freel or Womack at 2B. Why not go out and get that top caliber starter for FeLo if he's worth so much in the market? I think Freel has more value to our team than he does in the market, so you have to keep him, and the same goes for Aurillia and Womack, so that lowers FeLo's value to our team while his market value remains high.

Bottomline, get over the manlove, trade Felipe Lopez. Getting Brandon Phillips should have easily punched FeLo's ticket out of town for something that can help this ball club.

Trade your best all around player, nice.

He hit .291 last year, had a .353 OBP, .486 slugging, 23 homers, 85 rbis, and had 15 steals in his 1st career FULL season. Won the silver slugger award for best SS in the NL, and oh yeah he is 26. He is an average defensive SS, and his offense is unreal.

Yes, it is just you.

If Brandon Phillips and his .208 career batting average and .247 OBP (which is less then Felipe's career batting average) was brought here to unseat Felipe Lopez, then Lord help us.
    Last edited by reds44; 04-09-2006 at 08:56 PM.

Turn Off Ads?