Turn Off Ads?

Thread: Is Tonys Gutierrez injured down in Sarasota?

Is Tonys Gutierrez injured down in Sarasota?

He hasn't played yet and I figure he must be on the shelf.
    Baseball isn't a magic trick ... it doesn't get spoiled if you figure out how it works. - gonelong

I'm witchcrafting everybody.

2. Turn Off Ads?

Re: Is Tonys Gutierrez injured down in Sarasota?

Yeah, I was reading last week that he was either on the DL or the inactive list. Not sure what is wrong with him, but I hope he makes it back soon. I consider him one of the better hitting prospects in the system.
    I miss Adam Dunn.

I read he started the season on the DL.

Edit:
    http://www.heraldtribune.com/apps/pb...80/1006&Page=2
    Four SaraReds -- pitchers Erik Lohse and Joel Barreto along with first baseman Tonys Gutierrez and outfielder Jeremiah Piepkorn -- started the season on the inactive/disabled list.
    Last edited by RedsIn07; 04-09-2006 at 08:15 PM.

I like Gutierrez, but Votto will leave him in the dust if he does well at Chattanooga. Good to have a couple of interesting LH bats to go along with Bruce and possibly Dickerson and Szymanski.
    "Baseball is a very, very complex business. It's more of a people business than most businesses." - Bob Castellini

It's early in the season, but already Bruce is putting Szymanski to shame. I get the distinct impression those are two ships passing in the night -- one headed to major league ports, the other to the bottom of the sea.
    Last edited by M2; 04-10-2006 at 11:55 AM.
    Baseball isn't a magic trick ... it doesn't get spoiled if you figure out how it works. - gonelong

It's early in the season, but already Bruce is putting Szymanski to shame. I get the distinct those are two ships passing in the night -- one headed to major league ports, the other to the bottom of the sea.
    Love to see the doubles streaming from Bruce's bat. Bruce vs. BJ... could be a case of a natural baseball player rising above the natural athlete. I am really hoping BJ figures it out, because a guy like that -- switch hitter with power from both sides and speed, well... that's big-time athleticism. He's shown the power when healthy. Probably more than any other minor league position player (with the possible exception of Votto), I want to see what happens with his 450-500 ABs this year, assuming he's healthy.
    "Baseball is a very, very complex business. It's more of a people business than most businesses." - Bob Castellini

Quote Originally Posted by lollipopcurve
    Love to see the doubles streaming from Bruce's bat. Bruce vs. BJ... could be a case of a natural baseball player rising above the natural athlete. I am really hoping BJ figures it out, because a guy like that -- switch hitter with power from both sides and speed, well... that's big-time athleticism. He's shown the power when healthy. Probably more than any other minor league position player (with the possible exception of Votto), I want to see what happens with his 450-500 ABs this year, assuming he's healthy.
    I think it's fair to say that if Szymanski can't crush low A this season (at age 23), then he's probably never going to amount to much.

Wonder what JimBo would trade for him, though.

I think it's fair to say that if Szymanski can't crush low A this season (at age 23), then he's probably never going to amount to much.

Wonder what JimBo would trade for him, though.
    If certain numbers are OK (K rate, HR rate, BB rate) I'd give him a chance again next year, especially if they have him at AA.

You're right -- he'd be a nice piece in a package to tempt Bowden.

I e-mailed Sarastoa concerning Tonys. This was their response:
    He should be ready to go pretty soon. Nothing major, just rehabbing a minor injury.

Sarasota Reds Baseball Club
    Ed Smith Stadium
    2700 12th Street
    Sarasota, FL 34237
    Phone: (941) 365-4460
    Fax: (941) 365-4217
    www.sarasotareds.com
    Last edited by RedsIn07; 04-10-2006 at 05:39 PM.

Tonys is in the lineup playing first base for Sarasota tonight. He struckout in his first atbat.
    I miss Adam Dunn.

Turn Off Ads?