Turn Off Ads?
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Good homestand

Good homestand

4-2, couldn't ask for much more. Time to go to Chicago! Go Reds!

2. Turn Off Ads?

Re: Good homestand

Yep...will take the % all day long....

Not a bad start to the year, that's for sure.
    "Strickland Propane... Taste the meat, not the heat." - Hank Hill

If someone would have told me a week ago that the Reds would win four of their first six, I would have been happy. But after watching the defense play like crap again today, Belisle get lit up, the offense swing at horrible pitches against bad pitchers, and a bad baserunning call by Mark Berry - I come away feeling bad about the series.

Taking two of three from the Cubs would take away that bitter feeling.

The Reds aren't a good team. They have bad pitching and defense. That doesn't win alot of games. Krivsky is probably more than ready for Summer to arrive so he can begin to correct those things and it won't be pretty.........at first. But major surgury is required.

Including today hasn't all starters thrown a quality start except for Harang who actually pitched well yesterday. I think so far we can be very pleased at the starters. No the RP has stunk, but those are things you can go out and get and we have a few 2B available.

Considering how bad this bullpen is I'll gladly take a 4-2 homestand. But if the Reds don't do something about this bullpen, it could have easily been 2-4 and it will catch up with them.

Quote Originally Posted by Aronchis
    The Reds aren't a good team. They have bad pitching and defense. That doesn't win alot of games. Krivsky is probably more than ready for Summer to arrive so he can begin to correct those things and it won't be pretty.........at first. But major surgury is required.
    Look at the positives though. The offense couldn't have been much better this week and the starting pitching was outstanding aside from Monday. Yes, the bullpen is a problem but it can be fixed. Not sure what you can do about the defense but that being said, it's looked about as bad as it can possibly look this first week. I'm not sure it can look much worse.

There were more than a few positives to be taken out of this first week of action.
    "Strickland Propane... Taste the meat, not the heat." - Hank Hill

We saw today what would happen when the Reds did not score 7 or 8 runs. I would love to believe that the starters are going to always pitch well at the same time the offense is hitting and that will lead to a winning record. I am sorry that I cannot believe that. This team is great when they score 7 or 8 runs a game but if they do not, there is not going to be a lot of margin for error.
    Quote Originally Posted by Raisor View Post
    I was wrong
    Quote Originally Posted by Raisor View Post
    Chip is right

Quote Originally Posted by OnBaseMachine
    If someone would have told me a week ago that the Reds would win four of their first six, I would have been happy. But after watching the defense play like crap again today, Belisle get lit up, the offense swing at horrible pitches against bad pitchers, and a bad baserunning call by Mark Berry - I come away feeling bad about the series.

Taking two of three from the Cubs would take away that bitter feeling.
    Couldnt agree more. I didnt think it was possible to feel this bad about this team after they go 4-2 out of the gate. I dont even think a win today would have helped me. I just know we are 4-2 because are second series was agaisnt Pittsburgh if we would have taken that same bullpen and that same defense and played St. Louis, Houston, or Milwaukee I feel like this team would be 2-4. We have serious problems and if you think the record has not exposed them yet, I'm afraid they will be exposed very, very soon.

Just as important, these were Central Division teams, the teams the Reds must beat if they even want to daydream about competing this season.

Championships for MY teams in my lifetime:
    Cincinnati Reds - 75, 76, 90
    Chicago Blackhawks - 10, 13, 15
    University of Kentucky - 78, 96, 98, 12
    Chicago Bulls - 91, 92, 93, 96, 97, 98

“Everything that happens before Death is what counts.”
    ― Ray Bradbury, Something Wicked This Way Comes

got alil captain in u?

i thought the homestand went well woulda like to have won today but 4-2 aint bad hopefully continue the momentum into the cubs series

One game at a time
    Go Gators!

It's nice to start out 4-2 out home, but I would hope they would have wins against the clubs of the Pirates and Cubs caliber anyway. The bullpen scares me--needs some work pronto.
    And teammates should be calling out to each other for pop flys so at least one of them will actually catch the ball. c'mon guys, you play with fire, you're going to get burned. There is no excuse for that at this level.
    "When the Russians conquer America, they will recruit concentration camp guards from among Cardinals fans."

Nice to win some at home......not too many chances to play in front of the home crowd this month. Luckily there are some lightweights to feast on in the coming weeks.
    Back to following MiLB; there's always hope for tomorrow!

Turn Off Ads?