Turn Off Ads?
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Music

Re: Music

I'm listening to the new Weezer (Make Believe). It's unmitigated candy. A guilty pleasure for sure.

But I like it.
    School's out. What did you expect?

2. Turn Off Ads?
    You're killin' me Smalls! StillFunkyB's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by pedro
    I'm listening to the new Weezer (Make Believe). It's unmitigated candy. A guilty pleasure for sure.

But I like it.
    "You freak me out" gets stuck in your head and it won't go away. There are worse songs for sure.

They call me "chef"

If you guys have a second and want to hear an artist that has really stolen my attention this year, check out Baby Dayliner. He's from New York and he is a great vocal talent, as well as a songwriter and producer. His one man stage show is something to marvel at and his recorded songs aren't too far behind.

http://www.myspace.com/babydayliner

I also just interviewed him for my website @ http://invisiblelimb.net/limb/2006/04/14/baby-dayliner/

Ugh, I absolutely despise that trash-metal. Sorry...my acquaintances won't stop going on about it while trying to shove it down my throat.

Anyways, it's funny, I've seen several bands in here who are featured in MLB 2k6. See: Fall of Troy; Belle & Sebastian

As far as my tastes, see my icon. Love Gorillaz. Brilliant concept. Demon Days is an excellent album, and if you really get into it, there's supposed to be a story behind it. Very different than the debut-sefl-titled, which is also a fantastic album.

Counting Crows, U2, Pearl Jam, Audioslave, Lifehouse, John Mayer, Nirvana, Tom Petty, Maroon 5, Howie Day, Soundgarden, The Killers, Dave Matthews, Flaming Lips, Weezer

Quote Originally Posted by LvJ
    Have you heard "At War with Mystics"?

Soooo great.

Indeed. Very good album.

If people haven't heard any of Uncle Tupelo, they're missing out. Just sayin.

John Lee Hooker.

New Built to Spill is very enjoyable. if you're into that sort of stuff.

i am.

For anyone interested, I just picked up the new Taking Back Sunday album Louder Now. Wow, these guys continue to impress me. I have listened to the album a couple times clear through now. It doesn't sound anything significantly different from their other stuff, but they have definately put out another solid album. Don't know if their are any other TBS fans out there, but I would love to hear what other people think of the album.

Tuesday May 23... The day that The Classic Crime releases their Debut on Tooth and Nail Records, Albatross. I love this band. For anyone interested, here is their album site. If you haven't heard them, I would highly suggest them. The album site has about 5 songs. I really like The Coldest Heart and Who Needs Air. They continue to amaze me. If there was one band I would say was poised to break out, they could be it. If anyone has thoughts on them, please share them, good or bad.

Quote Originally Posted by guttle11

If people haven't heard any of Uncle Tupelo, they're missing out. Just sayin.
    I'd say the same about Wilco. Basically, Jeff Tweedy is the man.

Not Laughing

Quote Originally Posted by SeeinRed
    For anyone interested, I just picked up the new Taking Back Sunday album Louder Now. Wow, these guys continue to impress me. I have listened to the album a couple times clear through now. It doesn't sound anything significantly different from their other stuff, but they have definately put out another solid album. Don't know if their are any other TBS fans out there, but I would love to hear what other people think of the album.
    If you like Taking Back Sunday, check out their tour mates Angels And Airwaves. The group is comprised of Tom Delonge of Blink-182 fame and the other guys in the band are from various other bands. Good friggin' music. It's much more an adult sound rather then the Blink sound. If I had to pin point it I would say they sound like a 2006 version of The Cure, if that's anybody bag. Their album comes out next Tuesday.

Check out some of their stuff http://www.myspace.com/angelsandairwaves
    Always forgive your enemies; nothing annoys them so much.
    ~Oscar Wilde

Quote Originally Posted by BuckU
    If you like Taking Back Sunday, check out their tour mates Angels And Airwaves. The group is comprised of Tom Delonge of Blink-182 fame and the other guys in the band are from various other bands. Good friggin' music. It's much more an adult sound rather then the Blink sound. If I had to pin point it I would say they sound like a 2006 version of The Cure, if that's anybody bag. Their album comes out next Tuesday.

Check out some of their stuff http://www.myspace.com/angelsandairwaves
    I really like their stuff. You nailed my exact thought on them being more of a grown up sound than Blink 182, but they still kinda sound like Blink. Lyrics in Angels and Airwaves' music are just so much better than Blink's stuff IMO. I like Blink, but Angels and Airwaves music just has a lot more depth, if that makes any sense.

Not Laughing

Quote Originally Posted by SeeinRed
    I really like their stuff. You nailed my exact thought on them being more of a grown up sound than Blink 182, but they still kinda sound like Blink. Lyrics in Angels and Airwaves' music are just so much better than Blink's stuff IMO. I like Blink, but Angels and Airwaves music just has a lot more depth, if that makes any sense.
    Without a doubt, a lot more substance. I think it's great music
    Always forgive your enemies; nothing annoys them so much.
    ~Oscar Wilde

"Penthouse" by Luna rocks.

Turn Off Ads?