Drew

SP

Halladay
    Smoltz
    Beckett
    F. Hernandez
    Penny

My personal take on the trade is:

I think Glaus is going to have a monster year with the Blue Jays, He has solid hitters around him and Im expecting 280/30/100 from him. My SP is somewhat suspect and Schilling would make my SP much better and he's off to a very nice start.

So what does everyone else think?

2. Turn Off Ads?

Re: Need a bit of advice

Now way, I wouldn't do it. Both Schilling and Glaus are an injury away from retirement.

ARod OTOH will rack up points all season.

Arod and Pujols are the 2 untouchables in my eyes.

Quote Originally Posted by westofyou
    Now way, I wouldn't do it. Both Schilling and Glaus are an injury away from retirement.

ARod OTOH will rack up points all season.

Arod and Pujols are the 2 untouchables in my eyes.
    I agree. I wouldn't deal A-Rod unless I was getting a top 10 pitcher and a replacement hitter (4-8th round draft pick). Getting Glaus and Schilling isn't fair return, IMO. Sure they might produce, but they could also get hurt (and I guarantee that Glaus spends at least 1 stint on the DL this year).
    'When I'm not longer rapping, I want to open up an ice cream parlor and call myself Scoop Dogg.'
    -Snoop on his retirement

Your Mom is happy.

Thanks guys

You have a very nice team, BTW, Emty.

From what I'm hearing, Crisp might miss the next month of the season with a broken knuckle on his hand. It hasn't been confirmed, but I wouldn't be surprised if it did happen. Just letting you know early. You have Burrell to replace Crisp, but if you were planning on moving Cabrera to 3rd base and then filling his OF spot after you trade A-Rod, you might be running thin on OF's with Crisp out. Nevermind, that's why you were getting Glaus, to replace A-Rod.

Anyway, be prepared to take Crisp out and put Burrell in for the next month.

I do agree that you'll probably need another top notch SP to win the whole thing, but I wouldn't use A-Rod to get him.
    Last edited by Red Leader; 04-10-2006 at 10:37 AM.
    'When I'm not longer rapping, I want to open up an ice cream parlor and call myself Scoop Dogg.'
    -Snoop on his retirement

Your Mom is happy.

Nothing has been officially announced by the Red Sox, but word is that Crisp is out for a month with a broken knuckle. TV station reporting is the same one that reported Billy Mueller to the Dodgers a week before the trade was official.
    Last edited by PTBNL; 04-10-2006 at 11:23 AM.

Glaus really wasnt to replace A-Rod, no need to laugh.

I think Glaus (if healthy) is capable of big numbers. Glaus was actually to replace Crisp which i knew i was losing. Anyway i rejected it. Thanks for everyones advice.

Turn Off Ads?