Turn Off Ads?
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Baseball games for PS2

Baseball games for PS2

I was thinking about buying the latest and newest game out there on PS2.Which game out there has the best graphics,and looks really realistic on the game.I would like to buy a game that players even get hurt on almost a daily basis!! I want a game that the Reds are atleast a decent team in . Is that game thats called mlb 06 the show the best one out there??
    I can spell,I just can't type!!

2. Turn Off Ads?
    WAGS

Re: Baseball games for PS2

i've been playing MVP baseball 2k5 and MLB the show 2k6, i love 2k6 A LOT better.

Quote Originally Posted by ghettochild
    i've been playing MVP baseball 2k5 and MLB the show 2k6, i love 2k6 A LOT better.

I don't know which one to get!! What is both the games called so if and when I go to a store again I know what they are called??

WAGS

MVP baseball 2005 (has manny on the cover)
    MLB baseball 2k6 "the show"(has david ortiz on the cover)

rent them at blockbust first before you buy, its all over personal choice. i think gameplay wise MVP is better because its easier, but graphics, overall gameplay, player animation, MLB is better. they have better gamemodes, you can create your own player and start him getting drafted, playing through the minors, and "the show". both are great games, but IMPO MLB 2k6 "the show" is awesome.

Thanks for the info man by what you wrote I think I will get MLB baseball 2k6 besides alot of people I talked to said that MLB baseball 2k6 was better.

Does players get injured on it??

Quote Originally Posted by WVPacman

Does players get injured on it??
    Yep, fun game. I'm addicted. I loved, let me repeat, LOVED the EA MVP series, but The Show is probably the most realistic baseball game I've ever played, and you can control virtually everything.
    My dad got to enjoy 3 Reds World Championships by the time he was my age. So far, I've only gotten to enjoy one. Step it up Redlegs!

Quote Originally Posted by savafan
    Yep, fun game. I'm addicted. I loved, let me repeat, LOVED the EA MVP series, but The Show is probably the most realistic baseball game I've ever played, and you can control virtually everything.

That settles it Im buying the game next time I go to the store.Thanks for the info!!

Quote Originally Posted by WVPacman
    That settles it Im buying the game next time I go to the store.Thanks for the info!!

I bought the game when I got off of work Monday night at 1:00 AM, got home and played it for six straight hours. You'll love it.
    My dad got to enjoy 3 Reds World Championships by the time he was my age. So far, I've only gotten to enjoy one. Step it up Redlegs!

Potential Lunch Winner Dom Heffner's Avatar

It feels like your watching an actual game. The graphics are gorgeous- at least on the PSP anyway. I love watching the replays and if you listen to it with headphones on you might as well be there. Awesome game.

You're killin' me Smalls! StillFunkyB's Avatar

I like "The Show".

My only real complaint is that it doesn't have that "feel" when your hitting. I hit a BOMB with Jr., and it just didn't feel as good as it has in other titles.

Small complaint though, the game is fantastic.

But some bombs, the no-doubters that switch to the cutscene give you that great feeling.

On the same angle, give up one by Milton in a close game and as soon as the cutscene starts and you're mad!

Love 'The Show'
    Feels like real baseball.

Quote Originally Posted by ghettochild
    MVP baseball 2005 (has manny on the cover)
    MLB baseball 2k6 "the show"(has david ortiz on the cover)

rent them at blockbust first before you buy, its all over personal choice. i think gameplay wise MVP is better because its easier, but graphics, overall gameplay, player animation, MLB is better. they have better gamemodes, you can create your own player and start him getting drafted, playing through the minors, and "the show". both are great games, but IMPO MLB 2k6 "the show" is awesome.

You said that MLB baseball 2k6 "the show"(has david ortiz on the cover) right?? I was watching tv today and it showed a baseball game that was called MLB 2K6 but it had Derrick Jeter on it.Im confused!!!

The game is called MLB 06 : The Show.

MLB 2k6 is an entirely different game.

(And MLB 2005 is still my favorite)

Oh ok my mistake,I will probably get MLB 2k6!!

Obviously buy whatever game you want, but the consensus from everyone on the board is that "The Show" is the superior game...

Turn Off Ads?