Quote Originally Posted by RedFanAlways1966
That is right in the area with a lot of smaller apartment buildings (I mean a smaller complex, not individual apartment!). That would put you about 5 miles tops from the downtown library and you can easily get there using city streets. I used to live near that exact area when I first got out of college. Lived there for 5 years and never had a problem. This is the northern part of Kettering and is real close to the suburb of Oakwood. Not a bad area at all. Kind of a residential area mixed with a lot of the smaller 4-unit apartment buildings. 3-minute drive to the Univ. of Dayton campus.

Kettering is a fairly big Dayton suburb, but still has a small town feel if you will. Lots of retail stuff and eateries in Kettering, so you do not have to travel far for anything that you might need.
Agreed. I live just down the street from there, and as far as places in the Dayton area go, it's not bad. If the place is decent and cheap, that might be a good way to go, especially if they allow pets. My apartment is a complete hole, but it fits my needs, so it's fine.