Turn Off Ads?
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Faulty Trade Rumour

Faulty Trade Rumour

On behalf of JaxRed, whose currently at the game -"The manager got a phone call and pulled Chris Dickerson from the lineup...I think he may have gotten traded."

Edit: The manager spoke to Chris, but did not pull him from the lineup.
    Last edited by JaxRed; 04-10-2006 at 03:04 PM. Reason: Correct titel
    The lowest acceptable payroll amount for ownership to show they are not greedy pigs is 15 million more than they are currently paying. No matter what that currently is.

2. Turn Off Ads?

Re: Trade Rumour?

Maybe Dickerson is the PTBNL for Philips?

Quote Originally Posted by BRM
    Maybe Dickerson is the PTBNL for Philips?
    I don't think a PTBNL is named 2 days after the trade is made. I could be wrong though.

Quote Originally Posted by reds44
    I don't think a PTBNL is named 2 days after the trade is made. I could be wrong though.
    Good point. I didn't think about that.

Trade Rumour?
    You french?

Quote Originally Posted by smith288
    You french?
    weewee

The Reds/Indians have until June 15th to complete the trade...
    "Booing on opening day is like telling grandma her house smells like old lady."--WOY

I don't have a problem giving up PTBNL for Phillips. PTBNL's ML stats always looked promising, but he could never pull it together at the major league level. I think it's a good trade for both teams.

PTBNL's camaraderie in the locker room will be missed, though. What a practical joker that guy was.
    We'll burn that bridge when we get to it.

Calgary, Alberta, aka, the most prosperous city in the world.

It can be named anytime after the trade.

I'd rather send pile o cash, we have plenty of him.
    Go Gators!

OKay...... here's what happened. Trainer apparently carries Jayhawk Owens cellphone (or the "best way to get a hold of people" phone). He gets call, briefs Owens.

Owens tries to return the call, but can't hear. He sends trainer into locker room to make call. Trainer returns and briefs him.

Him and other coaches huddle up around the lineup on wall. Since there was speculation about a trade I start to wonder. When team comes in off field, they talk to Dickerson who is upset about something.

He goes back to play OF, but when he comes in next inning they talk to him again and he left dugout and went into locker room...

That's when I made the call. But I was wrong and here's what I know. Dickerson hurt his hand and/or wrist. The only OF backup (Asadorian) is hurt also accorsing to Aaron Herr. So Dickerson finished the game, but he could hardly put on his batting glove or fielders glove and the last two times up all he did was look at a few pitches and then bunt. (even with 2 strikes)

So, he might be heading to DL unless it's something that will be okay with a couple days rest. Sorry for probable false alarm.
    The lowest acceptable payroll amount for ownership to show they are not greedy pigs is 15 million more than they are currently paying. No matter what that currently is.

Charlie Brown All-Star IslandRed's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Blimpie
    The Reds/Indians have until June 15th to complete the trade...
    Which probably means that at least one of the players under consideration was drafted last year.
    Not all who wander are lost

Quote Originally Posted by PuffyPig
    It can be named anytime after the trade.
    It can, but I really doubt they do it 2 days later.

Quote Originally Posted by registerthis
    I don't have a problem giving up PTBNL for Phillips. PTBNL's ML stats always looked promising, but he could never pull it together at the major league level. I think it's a good trade for both teams.

PTBNL's camaraderie in the locker room will be missed, though. What a practical joker that guy was.
    I could never pronounce his stupid name...good riddance. But you know what? We'll likely have him back sooner or later.

Re: Faulty Trade Rumour

Krivsky loves PTBNL. I can't believe he'd get traded.
    Chad D
    Redleg Nation: A Cincinnati Reds Blog, Fan Community, and Therapy Group

Turn Off Ads?