Turn Off Ads?

Thread: Going to the game on Sat. in St. Louis...

You're killin' me Smalls! StillFunkyB's Avatar

Going to the game on Sat. in St. Louis...

I gots me a ticket for Saturday's game in Saint Louie.

Anybody else going? I will be decked out in Reds T, and hat!

Also, I could use a tip on parking. Cheapest is best. (I don't want to park in the ghetto, though.)

2. Turn Off Ads?

Re: Going to the game on Sat. in St. Louis...

Does anyone know which hotel the Reds stay out? I know its pretty close to the stadium.
    "I notice that I'm throwing hard when I hear the crowd gasping," - Chapman

Anyone going?

Parking advice?

Thanky!

i'll pay for parking if you take me

I'll be there. I'll be one of the few with some Reds gear on. We're staying at the Hilton, just down the street from the stadium. It's on Broadway I believe. Here's hoping for at least 1 victory this weekend.

Quote Originally Posted by StillFunkyB
    Anyone going?

Parking advice?

Thanky!
    The best parking advise is to go very early. I haven't been to a game yet this year (I'm going Friday), but the parking garages across from the old Busch are usually a pretty good value. IIRC they are $10-$15. Most of the small lots are $15 and up..even the ones a couple of miles away. There is a Dobbs Tire and Auto on Broadway that we usually parked at which was $5, but that may have changed this year since it's closer to the new ballpark. BTW...the garages fill up quick. Since all of the games are sold out...parking will be tough to find if you don't go early.

Quote Originally Posted by NastyBoy
    Does anyone know which hotel the Reds stay out? I know its pretty close to the stadium.
    They used to stay at the Marriot that is across from the Old Busch, but I don't know if they stay there anymore. There is a hotel across from the new ballpark, I think it's a Drury Inn that, and I've heard that the opposing teams stay there. It is on the opposite side that the Millenium hotel.

Thanks MattyMo....What street(s) are the garages on? I have never been to St. Louis.

The Garage I always use is between Broadway and 4th Street. It's close to I-55. If you are on I-55, take the Memorial drive exit....turn left on Market....then make another left onto Broadway (4th St. is a one way street).

They just announced on the local news that construction will begin on one of the highways tonight at 7:00pm so traffic will be even worse this weekend. They said to make sure you leave early if you have tickets for gams this weekend.

Quote Originally Posted by MattyMo4Life
    The Garage I always use is between Broadway and 4th Street. It's close to I-55. If you are on I-55, take the Memorial drive exit....turn left on Market....then make another left onto Broadway (4th St. is a one way street).

They just announced on the local news that construction will begin on one of the highways tonight at 7:00pm so traffic will be even worse this weekend. They said to make sure you leave early if you have tickets for gams this weekend.
    Wonderful.... I am staying in a hotel in Illinois off of I-64

As someone who goes to STL many times for various sporting events.

A few tips.

If you staying in Illinois dont take the main 1-64/I-55 bridge. Take the Eades bridge which will drop you off around the dome which is only a few blocks from the stadium. (You can come in on 64 but when you see an exit that says Downtown St. Louis while still in Illinois...take it, this will take you to the Eades bridge.

As far as parking, avoid garages like the plague, unless you want to spend a hour getting out of it. Plenty of ground lots within walking distance, more of them again closer to the dome than to Busch. Its a bit of walk but it should be a great day for walking.

If you get there early enough parking is free along Kiener Plaza (Olive St.) on weekends. (This is where I park for hockey and have never paid a cent.) But again, get there EARLY.

Have fun and bring home a winner

How is the area around the park...is it safe........good eats.....how is the arch......i heard there is an elevator in it.....i thought it was just a solid structure.........will definitley hit that park sometime.......

Quote Originally Posted by Moonlite Graham
    As someone who goes to STL many times for various sporting events.

A few tips.

If you staying in Illinois dont take the main 1-64/I-55 bridge. Take the Eades bridge which will drop you off around the dome which is only a few blocks from the stadium. (You can come in on 64 but when you see an exit that says Downtown St. Louis while still in Illinois...take it, this will take you to the Eades bridge.

As far as parking, avoid garages like the plague, unless you want to spend a hour getting out of it. Plenty of ground lots within walking distance, more of them again closer to the dome than to Busch. Its a bit of walk but it should be a great day for walking.

If you get there early enough parking is free along Kiener Plaza (Olive St.) on weekends. (This is where I park for hockey and have never paid a cent.) But again, get there EARLY.

Have fun and bring home a winner
    Thanks Moonlight. I am wearing the GO REDS T-Shirt for luck.

Thanks again MattyMo as well. I will find something I'm sure, just didn't want to go there blind if ya know what I mean.

Turn Off Ads?