Turn Off Ads?
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Arroyo's Movement on Pitches

Arroyo's Movement on Pitches

Am I crazy or has it been great the first few starts...haven't seen that from a Reds pitcher in a while it seems. Gammons was saying tonight how pitching in the AL east really stepped up his pitching...so far it looks like that is the case!!!

2. Turn Off Ads?

Re: Arroyo's Movement on Pitches

Arroyo, when he's right, gets sick movement on everything he throws. The remarkable thing is he gets movement like that and he's got some control over it.

Mind you, the Cubs can make you look better than you perhaps are, but Arroyo has legitimate stuff. For those who were worried about his K rate, hopefully seeing the quality of his pitches has helped ease that fear a bit.
    I'm not a system player. I am a system.

Can he be stopped?

Not playing the Yanks so often has to help as well. The cards lineup is killer, but the yankees have so many hitters....

I am cautiously (very cautiously, he's a pitcher for the Reds for god's sake) optimistic. Some of his pitches today had ridiculous, illogical bends to them. I even pushed rewind on the TiVo today to watch a few of them again. Hope he can keep that up.

It was mentioned already, but I've been impressed with the command he has of these filfthy pitches. His breaking ball is sharp but he locates it really well.

Arroyo has No. 1 starter type stuff. It's only two starts, but he could be one of the NL's better starting pitchers this season if he continues pitching like he has.
    "If it doesn't matter who wins or loses, why do they even keep score?"

Not to mention that he's a long ball threat everytime he touches a bat...
    There and Back Again...

I've always been impressed with Arroyo's stuff, watching him pitch with Boston. His major weakness is lefties, he just doesn't have the velocity, and his curve is easier to read from the left side.

It's fun watching NL hitters face him for the first time, seeing them freeze up, and grimace as they walk back to the dugout. Given his experience in Boston, Arroyo could prove to be a thorn in the NL's heel this year.

I'm guessing 15-6 3.40 ERA

Quote Originally Posted by M2
    Arroyo, when he's right, gets sick movement on everything he throws. The remarkable thing is he gets movement like that and he's got some control over it.

Mind you, the Cubs can make you look better than you perhaps are, but Arroyo has legitimate stuff. For those who were worried about his K rate, hopefully seeing the quality of his pitches has helped ease that fear a bit.

Definitely encouraged. I was one of the biggest "worriers" about that and color me very much impressed thus far. I hope he continues to show that last year was an aberration

Quote Originally Posted by Slider
    Should bat cleanup
    Go Gators!

On a side note, he also seems to be making a positive adjustment to being traded to the Reds. In the couple of interviews I've heard, he seems to really like his team mates and Jerry Narron pretty well.

It looks like Wayne Krivsky did his homework well. If Bronson pitches even close to Tuesday's level for the rest of the season, the Pena/Arroyo trade will prove a major coup for Cincy.

Not only is this guy a good arm, he's fun to watch and is quickly becoming a fan fave. Nice job, Wayne!

I have found out the secret to Arroyo's power hitting surge.

http://www.narronprohitting.com/
    Quote Originally Posted by Raisor View Post
    I was wrong
    Quote Originally Posted by Raisor View Post
    Chip is right

Quote Originally Posted by Slider
    Which makes his first two performances so stellar especially yesterday's game. While we're hitting six homers, he doesn't give up any.

Funny how first impressions can form an opinion.

I've been very impressed with his breaking stuff thusfar. When it's working, it's nasty.

But it's two starts, folks. Against the Cubs. Let's not hand him the Cy Young award just yet.
    "I prefer books and movies where the conflict isn't of the extreme cannibal apocalypse variety I guess." Redsfaithful

Quote Originally Posted by redsmetz
    Which makes his first two performances so stellar especially yesterday's game. While we're hitting six homers, he doesn't give up any.
    I should read for comprehension before posting - didn't see the word "bat" -

Turn Off Ads?