Turn Off Ads?
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Anybody Seen Enough of LHP Chris Hammond?

Anybody Seen Enough of LHP Chris Hammond?

Yeah I know it is the first week but what I have seen of Chris Hammond hasn't impressed me one bit. He is pitching like a 40 year old and has shown he can't get major league hitters out.

Another fine acquisition by former GM Dan O'Brien ( I can't believe this guy is that dumb to be a GM.) Would the Reds be better off eating Hammond's contract and recalling LHP Brian Shackelford?
    If you think small, you'll go nowhere in life.

2. Turn Off Ads?

Re: Anybody Seen Enough of LHP Chris Hammond?

Quote Originally Posted by Krusty
    Would the Reds be better off eating Hammond's contract and recalling LHP Brian Shackelford?
    Yes, we would. I watched the game today and Hammond looked just horrible. He has shown that he is not capable of being an MLB pitcher anymore.
    "Pam, I am public speaking...stop public interrupting me."
    -Michael Scott, "The Office"

"His capa was detated from his head!"
    -Michael Scott on the death of his former boss, Ed Truck, "The Office"

So far, i've only seen the line on the guy (have either been at work, or asleep).
    But what i have seen so far of Hammond has been rather painful.
    From what i have been able to gather so far is, he has been given a couple of chances in a row to close out the game - and both times has failed miserably.

Chris is a class act, who probably doesn't need the money at all. He can't be too thrilled about his 189 era, and maybe (just maybe) he might retire on his own.
    PDM

Would the Reds be better off eating Hammond's contract and recalling LHP Brian Shackelford?
    Yes and don't worry it will happen soon. Krivs isn't a moron.
    Quote Originally Posted by Scooter View Post
    A little bit off topic, but do you guys think that Jesse Winker profiles more like Pete Rose or is he just the next Hal Morris??

said that before the season started. I included Burns/White in there as well

I'm willing to keep around: Burns, Weathers, Mercker, Belisle, and Coffey. But Hammond and White have to go, yesterday.
    “And when finally they sense that some position cannot be sustained, they do not re-examine their ideas. Instead, they simply change the subject.” Jamie Galbraith

Quote Originally Posted by Falls City Beer
    I'm willing to keep around: Burns, Weathers, Mercker, Belisle, and Coffey. But Hammond and White have to go, yesterday.
    I agree 100% with your post. I don't mind keeping Burns here, he actually appears to be almost decent. However Hammond and White have to go, and Shack and Wagner need to come up. The most fusterating thing is that it seems so blatantly ovbious. Hammond and White are L/R and Shack and Wagner are L/R.

Come on Krivs pull the trigger.
    Quote Originally Posted by Scooter View Post
    A little bit off topic, but do you guys think that Jesse Winker profiles more like Pete Rose or is he just the next Hal Morris??

If I'm Krivsky, I tell Narron to do the following:

1. Make Coffey the closer---it is time to find out if he can do it.

2. Make Weathers and Mercker the setup men for Coffey.

3. Give Hammond his unconditional release and recall LHP Brian Shackelford.

4. Give White his unconditional release and recall Ryan Wagner.

5. Tell Castanelli that Hammond and White weren't Krivsky's acquistions. Eating the contracts would be painful but Shackelford and Wagner are making peanuts so the hit to the budget would be minimal to the Reds by releasing those two.

6. Trade Tony Womack to the Marlins for a young, living, breathing pitching prospect.
    If you think small, you'll go nowhere in life.

I don't see why everyone is so quick to give up on Hammand. He has has four solid years in a row. I don't believe a couple bad outings is enough to worry about. Rick White on the other hand should have never been signed.

9 HRs in 58 IP combined with a bad 2nd half while pitching in the best pitchers park(PETCO) in baseball was a sign that Hammond was on the verge of a collapse.

He got an out today. He's making progress. Perhaps by the All-Star Break he'll retire every batter he faces.
    "Rounding 3rd and heading for home, good night everybody"

We do have some options:
    1. Shackelford and Wagner for sure.
    2. When/if Paul Wilson comes back, Dave Williams could go to the pen.
    3. Why are most down on Standridge? He seemed solid for 1/3 of the last season wasn't he?
    4. Is it possible one of the starters at AAA could convert to bulpen guys and be reasonable since they aren't long for major league starting? Does Lizard, Germano, etc..have anything that could help us over White, Burns, Hammond, etc..?

6. Trade Tony Womack to the Marlins for a young, living, breathing pitching prospect.
    The Marlins wouldn't trade a bag of baseballs for Womack, much less a pitching prospect.
    "Pam, I am public speaking...stop public interrupting me."
    -Michael Scott, "The Office"

"His capa was detated from his head!"
    -Michael Scott on the death of his former boss, Ed Truck, "The Office"

I think Hammond, White, and Burns have to go and soon.

Turn Off Ads?