Turn Off Ads?
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: ESPN Baseball Tonite--Do you still enjoy?

ESPN Baseball Tonite--Do you still enjoy?

Back in the day (whenever that was) this used to be the best show. It was on at the same time every night and at great times, 10 est and 12 est. And they showed highlights of all the games, complete highlights.

Now it is on at different times and they barely show highlights. All it is Harold Reynolds showing me baseball drills that he didn't even do right when he played.

Would love to know your thoughts.

2. Turn Off Ads?

Re: ESPN Baseball Tonite--Do you still enjoy?

Baseball Tonight is crap now. Kruk is a moron with bad hair and no neck and all they do is talk about the Red Sox and Yankees.

If they could just go back to showing highlights about each game, I would make more of a habit of either DVRing it or trying to catch it but as of now, I just go to MLB.com and read the stories. THey have top plays videos and all that so I can basically just choose my own highlights show.

I dont really like any show on ESPN anymore, Its just all hype. I used to love Baseball Tonight when they used to cover more teams than just the Yankees, Red Sox, Braves, Cardinals and Cubs.
    I was in the ORG once, best 6 months of my life.

Your killin' me Smalls! StillFunkyB's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by KearnsyEars
    Back in the day (whenever that was) this used to be the best show. It was on at the same time every night and at great times, 10 est and 12 est. And they showed highlights of all the games, complete highlights.

Now it is on at different times and they barely show highlights. All it is Harold Reynolds showing me baseball drills that he didn't even do right when he played.

Would love to know your thoughts.
    Absolutely agree. It's garbage. I don't even know when it's on because they have it at all different times, and they do that stupid Trifecta thing.

Dumb.

We watched BBTN every night to see the "in depth" highlights", not because we wanted to watch HR do "drills" in a suit.
    "And the fact that watching him pitch is like having someone poop on your soul." FCB on Gary Majewski

Zoinks!

Can't we dig up Mel Allen and just have TWIB? I miss Mel

I really miss the complete box scores on BBTN, I mean you used to be able to watch it and know basically in an hour what every player in MLB did that day if you wanted. Now you get like the 4 or 5 big players, and the score if your lucky. Soemtimes you get the score and a quick highlight with what one player on each team did. Sometimes you get no highlight--with just the 4 or 5 main players outlined.

That said, to have BBTN on at all different hours on ESPN is doing nothing for the viewers. EVERY NIGHT I'd watch at 10, and I'd watch at 12. Having it on for 20 minutes on the trifecta is worthless. I just don't get why they'd change a classic like that! I hate change!

Quote Originally Posted by minus5
    TWIB is still classic. I liked how they let different players run it each week after mel died. I remember one saturday Jose Rijo was the host. I think its still a great great show, and I love how they let a claymation Mel Allen with his voice begin and end it. Love watching it on the big screen on saturdays at the ball yard still.

I still like the 10:00 edition, but don't care too much for the 20 minute Trifecta version.
    "Strickland Propane... Taste the meat, not the heat." - Hank Hill

Not Laughing

I normally can't stand it, but they have been doing quick phone interviews this year, which is pretty cool. Last night they had Arroyo on the line talking about is HR.
    Always forgive your enemies; nothing annoys them so much.
    ~Oscar Wilde

As far as I'm concerned, the only way to handle Baseball Tonight is to tape it and then watch it with a finger on the FF button. Just way too much of the same old teams (and of course the commercials) to wade through just to get to the 1 minute of Cincy stuff.

Quote Originally Posted by Maldez
    As far as I'm concerned, the only way to handle Baseball Tonight is to tape it and then watch it with a finger on the FF button. Just way too much of the same old teams (and of course the commercials) to wade through just to get to the 1 minute of Cincy stuff.
    omg 1 minute if we're lucky. it's usually 15 seconds. To get a full minute, we usually have to hit 5 or 6 HR and throw a great game like arroyo did yesterday, then we get 45 seconds to a minute. This is why I love the beginning of the season. By the all star break, we won't even be mentioned on BBTN. We'll get as much run time as the Columbus Clippers do

Quote Originally Posted by minus5
    Man, that was my Saturdays when I was a kid...start with TWIB, then watch the game of the week on NBC with Vin Scully and Joe G...good times, good times.
    ...the 2-2 to Woodsen and here it comes...and it is swung on and missed! And Tom Browning has pitched a perfect game! Twenty-seven outs in a row, and he is being mobbed by his teammates, just to the thirdbase side of the mound.

Kruk is awful. HR is awful. I like Steve Phillips. Good voice, calm presence. Kruk think raising his voice makes his pointmore important, just like my teenage daughter.

Even the Pirates get more respect on BBT than the Reds do. It's a joke.
    Suck it up cupcake.

Zoinks!

Quote Originally Posted by BigKlu
    Man, that was my Saturdays when I was a kid...start with TWIB, then watch the game of the week on NBC with Vin Scully and Joe G...good times, good times.

"How about that?!" Mel was great. That was my Saturdays too.

Quote Originally Posted by BigKlu
    TWIB and NBC game of the week was huge when I was a kid. It was really the only way for a Reds fan in NY to see some highlights.

As for ESPN. I usually watch ESPN News for highlights over BBT or SportsCenter.

Turn Off Ads?