Turn Off Ads?
Page 1 of 5 12345 LastLast
Results 1 to 15 of 75

Thread: Official Bronson Arroyo Cy Young Watch

  1. #1
    Maple SERP savafan's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2000
    Location
    Cincinnati, Ohio
    Posts
    17,564

    Official Bronson Arroyo Cy Young Watch

    This is it, I'm going out on a limb and predicting that Arroyo will win the National League Cy Young Award.

    Currently:

    7th in the league in ERA with 1.98
    2nd in the league in wins with 2
    4th in the league in IP with 13.2
    4th in the league in strikeouts with 11

    .600 OBP
    2.000 SLG
    .500 AVG
    2 Homeruns (tied for 3rd in the league)
    2 RBI

    The avatar won't change as long as he's pitching well.
    My dad got to enjoy 3 Reds World Championships by the time he was my age. So far, I've only gotten to enjoy one. Step it up Redlegs!

  2. Turn Off Ads?
  3. #2
    Member
    Join Date
    Nov 2002
    Posts
    7,636

    Re: Official Bronson Arroyo Cy Young Watch

    Is there a Silver Slugger Award for the pitcher position?
    "Strickland Propane... Taste the meat, not the heat." - Hank Hill

  4. #3
    Tired of talk. Win! Joseph's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2005
    Location
    The Commonwealth
    Posts
    8,346

    Re: Official Bronson Arroyo Cy Young Watch

    Way to jinx it.

    Championships for MY teams in my lifetime:
    Cincinnati Reds - 75, 76, 90
    Chicago Blackhawks - 10, 13
    University of Kentucky - 78, 96, 98, 12
    Cincinnati Bengals - None
    Chicago Bulls - 91, 92, 93, 96, 97, 98

  5. #4
    Worst Behavior. reds44's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2003
    Location
    North Carolina
    Posts
    25,265

    Re: Official Bronson Arroyo Cy Young Watch

    5-2 | Next:
    Arroyo Cy Young Watch

    2-0 | 1.98 ERA | .500 BA | 2 HR | 2 RBI

  6. #5
    Member smith288's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2002
    Location
    New Albany, OH
    Posts
    7,249

    Re: Official Bronson Arroyo Cy Young Watch

    Meanwhile, BoSox are having to deal with their lead glove RF.. *snicker*

  7. #6
    GO XAVIER! toledodan's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2003
    Location
    overland park, kansas
    Posts
    1,854

    Re: Official Bronson Arroyo Cy Young Watch

    what are the chances we can sign bronson long term? i know i would try and get a long term deal done before he can use that possible trade clause in his contract after this season. while he may never be a #1 starter around the league he is in our rotation. i would hate to lose him since we have a hard time getting good pitchers here.
    there's nothing like bowling a 300 game! 13 now and retired.


    Ricky henderson has a higher OBP than C. patterson and he's retired. C. Trent 6-14-2008

  8. #7
    Worst Behavior. reds44's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2003
    Location
    North Carolina
    Posts
    25,265

    Re: Official Bronson Arroyo Cy Young Watch

    Quote Originally Posted by toledodan
    what are the chances we can sign bronson long term? i know i would try and get a long term deal done before he can use that possible trade clause in his contract after this season. while he may never be a #1 starter around the league he is in our rotation. i would hate to lose him since we have a hard time getting good pitchers here.
    I know he is signed for 2 more year, if not 3. No need to do anything yet.

  9. #8
    Member
    Join Date
    Jan 2006
    Posts
    22

    Re: Official Bronson Arroyo Cy Young Watch

    Bronson is off to a great start, but WAY too early to start predicting a CYA for him this year. Bronson has only started two games, he will pitch in about 29 more before the season is over...............so, let's wait and let it play out before we start handing out awards. Trust me, i would love nothing more than for that to happen, but it is just too early.

    I believe you maybe just jinxed Bronson, so you better have one heck of a reverse jinx in your bag of tricks. vbg
    Last edited by paintmered; 04-12-2006 at 12:23 PM. Reason: Masked profanity - see Rule #4

  10. #9
    Member Ryan the Reds Fan's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2000
    Location
    Cincinnati
    Posts
    808

    Re: Official Bronson Arroyo Cy Young Watch

    Quote Originally Posted by reds44
    I know he is signed for 2 more year, if not 3. No need to do anything yet.
    Yes but as a player that was traded during a long term contract he has the right to demand a trade at the end of the season.

    I wonder if he would though he seems to be fitting in well and liking the players and the clubhouse atmosphere here. I think he is fitting in quite well, and the pitching and hitting have been good too.

  11. #10
    Maple SERP savafan's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2000
    Location
    Cincinnati, Ohio
    Posts
    17,564

    Re: Official Bronson Arroyo Cy Young Watch

    Quote Originally Posted by Hal#23Fan
    Bronson is off to a great start, but WAY too early to start predicting a CYA for him this year. Bronson has only started two games, he will pitch in about 29 more before the season is over...............so, let's wait and let it play out before we start handing out awards. Trust me, i would love nothing more than for that to happen, but it is just too early.

    I believe you maybe just jinxed Bronson, so you better have one heck of a reverse jinx in your bag of tricks. vbg
    C'mon, life is short, have a little fun with it.
    My dad got to enjoy 3 Reds World Championships by the time he was my age. So far, I've only gotten to enjoy one. Step it up Redlegs!

  12. #11
    Member
    Join Date
    Apr 2005
    Location
    Braintree, MA
    Posts
    2,075

    Re: Official Bronson Arroyo Cy Young Watch

    Arroyo will have a hard time beating out Eric Milton for the award.

  13. #12
    One and a half men Patrick Bateman's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2003
    Location
    Calgary, AB
    Posts
    5,829

    Re: Official Bronson Arroyo Cy Young Watch

    Quote Originally Posted by Ryan the Reds Fan
    Yes but as a player that was traded during a long term contract he has the right to demand a trade at the end of the season.

    I wonder if he would though he seems to be fitting in well and liking the players and the clubhouse atmosphere here. I think he is fitting in quite well, and the pitching and hitting have been good too.
    No. The contract Arroyo signed I believe only covers his arb. years, thus he can't demand a trade and is stuck in Cincinnati for 3 years. If I recall Arroyo even had a quote where he said he will play his 3 years here and then will see what happens from there.

  14. #13
    Member Ryan the Reds Fan's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2000
    Location
    Cincinnati
    Posts
    808

    Re: Official Bronson Arroyo Cy Young Watch

    I trust you are correct but I've have heard more than once through the media that he had the right to demand a trade at the end of the season, but we all know how the media is. I believe I've heard it on Baseball tonight.

  15. #14
    Worst Behavior. reds44's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2003
    Location
    North Carolina
    Posts
    25,265

    Re: Official Bronson Arroyo Cy Young Watch

    Quote Originally Posted by Ryan the Reds Fan
    I trust you are correct but I've have heard more than once through the media that he had the right to demand a trade at the end of the season, but we all know how the media is. I believe I've heard it on Baseball tonight.
    You have a right to demand a trade whenever you want to. It doesn't mean that you will be traded however.

  16. #15
    Member Ryan the Reds Fan's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2000
    Location
    Cincinnati
    Posts
    808

    Re: Official Bronson Arroyo Cy Young Watch

    Quote Originally Posted by reds44
    You have a right to demand a trade whenever you want to. It doesn't mean that you will be traded however.
    I know this, but there is a provision that a player traded in the middle of a long term trade has the right to demand a trade after one season and the team must comply.

    I don't know all the details but I'm sure one of our resident experts could help us with the specifics a bit more.


Turn Off Ads?

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  

Board Moderators may, at their discretion and judgment, delete and/or edit any messages that violate any of the following guidelines: 1. Explicit references to alleged illegal or unlawful acts. 2. Graphic sexual descriptions. 3. Racial or ethnic slurs. 4. Use of edgy language (including masked profanity). 5. Direct personal attacks, flames, fights, trolling, baiting, name-calling, general nuisance, excessive player criticism or anything along those lines. 6. Posting spam. 7. Each person may have only one user account. It is fine to be critical here - that's what this board is for. But let's not beat a subject or a player to death, please.

Thank you, and most importantly, enjoy yourselves!


RedsZone.com is a privately owned website and is not affiliated with the Cincinnati Reds or Major League Baseball


Contact us: Boss | GIK | BCubb2003 | dabvu2498 | Gallen5862 | LexRedsFan | Plus Plus | RedlegJake | redsfan1995 | The Operator | Tommyjohn25