Turn Off Ads?
Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Re: Edwin Encarnacion

Re: Edwin Encarnacion

Batting 12 and 3
    Go Gators!

2. Turn Off Ads?

Since most of EE errors are throwing errors I wonder if his future is maybe at 1st. He has good reactions and quick feet, if his bat develops like everyone thinks it will he might make a darn good 1st baseman.

Quote Originally Posted by Redmachine2003
    Since most of EE errors are throwing errors I wonder if his future is maybe at 1st. He has good reactions and quick feet, if his bat develops like everyone thinks it will he might make a darn good 1st baseman.
    This board has an obsession with moving people to different positions.

He'll be a fine 3b, Larkin commited a goodle of errors when he first came up, glad we didn't move him.
    Go Gators!

Quote Originally Posted by GAC
    And I agree with you guy. I really have no problem with it.

My problem is looking at the alternatives we have to play 3B.
    Oh no doubt the options are worse but your looking at one game, tomorrows game. EzE's developement will still be paying dividends for the Reds long after Aurillia is gone. You have to keep the bigger picture in mind.
    "...You just have a wider lens than one game."
    --Former Reds GM Wayne Krivsky, on why he didn't fly Josh Hamilton to Colorado for one game.

"...its money well-spent. Don't screw around with your freedom."
    --Roy Tucker, on why you need to lawyer up when you find yourself swimming with sharks.

I agree. Edwin will be fine. He just needs to learn to dampen the enthusiasms.
    “And when finally they sense that some position cannot be sustained, they do not re-examine their ideas. Instead, they simply change the subject.” Jamie Galbraith

Quote Originally Posted by reds44
    People were saying the same thing about Lopez last year. And the year before. etc etc. EdE will stay the Reds 3B for quite awhile. He and Lopez are/were going thru growing pains. Most every player does....

Quote Originally Posted by Falls City Beer
    I agree. Edwin will be fine. He just needs to learn to dampen the enthusiasms.
    I would rather him have to do that, then needing to care more.

I've been trying to convince Reds.com that Griffey needs to move to LF.
    --Former Reds GM Wayne Krivsky, on why he didn't fly Josh Hamilton to Colorado for one game.

--Roy Tucker, on why you need to lawyer up when you find yourself swimming with sharks.

I would rather him have to do that, then needing to care more.
    Sure, of course. I don't for a minute think he's dogging it. But knowing when to lay off the gas is just as important as knowing when to step on it.
    “And when finally they sense that some position cannot be sustained, they do not re-examine their ideas. Instead, they simply change the subject.” Jamie Galbraith

You're killin' me Smalls! StillFunkyB's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by KronoRed
    goodle
    That's a new one!

You've got to hustle on every play. Just watching the Rox game and they just cost themselves a run in a close game.

With two outs, Miguel Batista intentionally walks Danny Ardoin to load the bases and get to the pitcher. Well, Jeff Francis hits a shot down the left field line. Garrett Atkins scores from third base easily. Ardoin trys to make third and is thown out, but Matt Holliday, jogging home from second, doesn't score ahead of the out.

Lot's of things went wrong for the Rockies on this play. Ardoin trying to make 3rd from 1st on a hard hit single to LF, Atkins holding his hands up and signaling Holliday not to slide, and Holliday taking a morning jog into home plate. Plenty of blame to go around for one play, in a single game. Still, I hate to see the lack of hustle Holliday displayed on that play. Even if he didn't have to slide to beat the throw home, he should have been running all out.

Quote Originally Posted by GAC
    Most Red fans are bi-polar, and need medication.
    Truer words have never been spoken.
    All models are wrong. Some of them are useful.

I was captive most of the day in my car, heading to various places. I only had the Cubs' radio guys (ugh!) to follow the game. They were brutal with Edwin, but the worst was to come.

Now XM radio has WLW on Channel 173, so I changed the channel to WLW to hear the post game. What I got was a Furman tirade against EdE and Brandon Claussen. "How many errors did Aaron Boone make," and then saying that Claussen was just too inconsistent and that we needed Boone back, yada, yada, yada.

I gritted my teeth, remembered we were 5-3 and playing on the road. Also that Encarnacion was a rookie and Claussen was getting squeezed on pitches (why does that always happen to him? Even the Cubs guys were wondering), plus the bullpen had a better outing.

Give the kid (both of them) a break. They're our future stars.
    www.ris-news.com
    "You only have to bat a thousand in two things; flying and heart transplants. Everything else you can go 4-for-5."
    -Beano Cook

That, and with thinking the player they see when they first come up is the finished product.
    Grape works as a soda. Sort of as a gum. I wonder why it doesn't work as a pie. Grape pie? There's no grape pie. - Larry David

Turn Off Ads?