Turn Off Ads?
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Please Ace, Go Away - American Idol

Please Ace, Go Away - American Idol

The sleeveless shirt is the last straw. That and his constant touching of himself. And the fact that he was AWFUL last night. If there's any justice this guy will be gone TONIGHT.

I can't figure our who else would go. I thought Kellie was horrendous, but no way is she going anywhere. I actually thought Elloitt was great last night, but his days are numbered, so it could be him. Bucky was decent last night, but he hasn't even been in the bottom three yet, so I don't see him going anywhere, although I don't think he really belongs here. I just don't know who else could go tonight other than Ace.
    Grape works as a soda. Sort of as a gum. I wonder why it doesn't work as a pie. Grape pie? There's no grape pie. - Larry David

2. Turn Off Ads?

Re: Please Ace, Go Away - American Idol

Quote Originally Posted by MWM
    The sleeveless shirt is the last straw. That and his constant touching of himself. And the fact that he was AWFUL last night. If there's any justice this guy will be gone TONIGHT.

I can't figure our who else would go. I thought Kellie was horrendous, but no way is she going anywhere. I actually thought Elloitt was great last night, but his days are numbered, so it could be him. Bucky was decent last night, but he hasn't even been in the bottom three yet, so I don't see him going anywhere, although I don't think he really belongs here. I just don't know who else could go tonight other than Ace.
    Yeah...I'm through with Ace. Have been for 6 weeks.

I thought Bucky was in the bottom three at least once already. Also, I didn't think he was very good last night...plus he went first...always a disadvantage, IMO.

Agree with you on Elliot. I'm not an Elliot guy but he was good last night.

I thought Taylor was VERY entertaining. And I was entertained by Kellie, too. Although I'm growing tired of her.

Simon was right when he said Paris was "weird." But I don't think she's going anywhere.

We'll see...I wouldn't mind seeing Ace go bye-bye...with Bucky next in line.
    For every action there is an equal and opposite criticism.

Actually, I thought last night was Elloitt's best performance on the show. And it was Ace's worst, and that's saying something.
    Grape works as a soda. Sort of as a gum. I wonder why it doesn't work as a pie. Grape pie? There's no grape pie. - Larry David

I don't really have a problem with Bucky getting the boot. Although, based on this week Ace was WAY worse than Bucky. But Ace and Bucky are the worst two left. I'm no Elliott fan, but he was really good last night and can sing circles around either Ace or Bucky.

My theory on Ace is that he has a steady crop of loyal voters every week. They vote for him regardless of performance. I think every contestant has this to some degree, but Ace's loyal followers are probably a pretty large group. I think guys like Elloitt has a much smaller contigent and must rely on delivering a good performance and getting the vote of people who vote strictly on performance. This is why Ace can absolutely suck every week, be in the bottom three, but not get voted off. He's not getting any performance based votes, but is getting a lot of loyal votes. The guy is terrible.

For some reason of which I haven't the slightest clue, Bucky was my 9 year old daughter's favorite. She was bawling tonight with him getting booted.

i was actually very surprised that elliott was in the bottom three...i really like his voice...it was definately time for bucky to go...couldn't understand a word he was singing...

ace is hot...plain and simple...loved the sleeveless shirt

My kids are glad Bucky was shown the door.

They don't care for Ace, either.

They were bummed--big time, when Mandisa got the boot.

Now, my 8-year-old is pulling for Paris and my 11-year-old is a Chris fan.

And like I said...going first is a huge disadvantage.

I think its just playing out the string right now.

Chris is going to win.

Kelly will probably be a pretty popular country singer after the show as well. She has a lot of fans, she is easy to look at and she is pretty talented in that genre.

I correctly picked the bottom three tonight, but I had Ace going home, as he should have. I'm with you guys, Ace is terrible! He and the Amish are next to go, and I'll be SO glad when Pickler is sent home with her act.
    Last edited by macro; 04-13-2006 at 02:14 PM.

I don't really watch the show, but I did stop on it last night to see this Ace guy sing. He did not rock me.
    I'm not a system player. I am a system.

So, was Queen supposed to play last night? I thought they were. When Ryan had the bottom 3 each sing, they all seemed genuinely surprised. Seemed like filler to me.

I agree about Ace. He should have been gone last night.

I like Eliott though. I think the guy can sing. But he appears as too much of a nebbish.

Pickler is going to hang around for a long time (if not win) because of her common "charm". My youngest adores her, but then she adores Carrie Underwood as well.

Everyone seems flawed now. McPhee had a song too big for her, Chris sang some Queen song I've never heard of, it seemed like Paris was just playing rock star, and I agree with Simon in that Taylor appears drunk all the time.

But I still think it will be a Chris/Paris tossup.
    She used to wake me up with coffee ever morning

Quote Originally Posted by Roy Tucker
    I'm tellin' ya...

top 3: Taylor, Chris, Kellie...in that order. Mark it down.

I am watching American Idol Extra on the Fox Reality Channel right now, and they've had a long interview with Bucky. I have an even greater respect for him after hearing him talk for a while. He is a SUPER nice guy, as genuine and humble as they come. I hope he finds success somewhere.

Quote Originally Posted by max venable
    I'm tellin' ya...

top 3: Taylor, Chris, Kellie...in that order. Mark it down.
    You may be right. I imagine there is a huge Banana Phone vote for Kellie.
    She used to wake me up with coffee ever morning

Quote Originally Posted by Roy Tucker
    So, was Queen supposed to play last night? I thought they were. When Ryan had the bottom 3 each sing, they all seemed genuinely surprised. Seemed like filler to me.
    Idol's web site said Queen were to perform at one point then eventually it was removed. Brian May said on his site that the band were never going to perform. I guess it was a mix-up on Idol's part.

I agree about Ace. He should have been gone last night.
    Especially after he told Queen how he wanted to change "We Will Rock You" with some horrific new beat and Brian saying he couldn't do that to his own song. LOL.

I like Eliott though. I think the guy can sing. But he appears as too much of a nebbish.
    No stage presence.

Pickler is going to hang around for a long time (if not win) because of her common "charm".
    You say "common charm", I say her complete and total idiocy. Jessica Simpson looks like Einstein compared to her.

Everyone seems flawed now. McPhee had a song too big for her,
    Queen's music was too big for all of them.

Chris sang some Queen song I've never heard of,
    More like screeched his way through the song (called "Innuendo", by the way, a #1 hit in the UK.) I was pretty peeved with the judge's comments. Paula saying Queen never did the song live because they wouldn't have been able to do it as well as Chris??? Simon saying they never did it because it wasn't a good song? No. The band stopped touring after 1986 due to Mercury's illness, the song came out in 1991. THAT is why they never performed it live.

it seemed like Paris was just playing rock star, and I agree with Simon in that Taylor appears drunk all the time.

Paris looked very awkward and frankly was too young to be able to get across the powerful message of the song. Taylor I like the most. He has no pretensions and looks like he's just having fun.

Chris will win because that's who Idol's producers want to win.

Michael, I wondered if you knew that AI was dedicated to Queen last week.

You say "common charm", I say her complete and total idiocy.
    Couldn't agree more.

Paula saying Queen never did the song live because they wouldn't have been able to do it as well as Chris???
    It's obvious that Paula is struggling for words every time she opens her mouth. She often says very foolish things, and this was a classic. I just had to laugh. Yep, ol' Freddie coulda never pulled that song off like Chris Creed can.

Chris will win because that's who Idol's producers want to win.
    Do you say that because you think they have that much ability to sway the public's opinion, or because you suspect the voting isn't legitimate? I have some suspicions about this show (even though I enjoy it a lot), and the vote counting is one of them.

Queen's music was too big for all of them.
    You know, as I was watching the show Tuesday night, I came to realize how unique Queen really was. Most artists, even the great ones, can be duplicated. I'm not sure this one ever will be. It was a good show, though, and I suspect that a new generation was introduced to Queen this past week that would not have been otherwise.

Turn Off Ads?