Turn Off Ads?
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: New Busch Stadium

New Busch Stadium

Watching the Astros game today, and they mentioned that St. Louis has already sold out for the season! Kinda reminds me of Jacobs field when that was opened.
    Back to following MiLB; there's always hope for tomorrow!

2. Turn Off Ads?

Re: New Busch Stadium

I have tickets to this weekend's series in St. Louis. I'm looking forward to seeing the new stadium. I was only at the old Busch once, but take away the arches on the top ring of the stadium, and I swear I was sitting in Riverfront. I'm obviously going to be surrounded by the other "Red", but i'm hoping the Reds can win at least 1 game. Take 2 of 3 at Wrigley and win one in St. Louis, and I would call that a successful road trip. It will be interesting to see if this new ballpark is as much of a hitter's park as the GAB is. If so, the Reds might be in some trouble this weekend.

I'm going to turn on the game on Extra Innings when I get home, but honestly the pictures I've seen of the place don't leave me too impressed with it. It's altogether possible that I'll like it when I see it on TV, but if it doesn't look much better than what I've seen in print, I'm not impressed with it.
    "Strickland Propane... Taste the meat, not the heat." - Hank Hill

Quote Originally Posted by redsfan30
    I'm going to turn on the game on Extra Innings when I get home, but honestly the pictures I've seen of the place don't leave me too impressed with it. It's altogether possible that I'll like it when I see it on TV, but if it doesn't look much better than what I've seen in print, I'm not impressed with it.
    I think it is impressive, but it is similar to many of the other ones that have been built. The dimensions are very similar to GABP from the little that I've seen. Not sure about the walls though. Bill Hall just became a Cards killer too with a HR.

Quote Originally Posted by rdiersin
    Bill Hall just became a Cards killer too with a HR.
    Good to see he's an equal opportunity team killer.
    Quote Originally Posted by Raisor View Post
    I was wrong
    Quote Originally Posted by Raisor View Post
    Chip is right

Quote Originally Posted by rdiersin
    I think it is impressive, but it is similar to many of the other ones that have been built. The dimensions are very similar to GABP from the little that I've seen. Not sure about the walls though. Bill Hall just became a Cards killer too with a HR.
    The dimensions are 335 to right and left, about 390 in right center and left center and 400 to center field.

Looks a lot like GABP, although, to be honest, I like the open back of the New Busch better than I like GABP. There is an image gallery on ESPN of it now if you want to look at more pictures.
    'When I'm not longer rapping, I want to open up an ice cream parlor and call myself Scoop Dogg.'
    -Snoop on his retirement

Your Mom is happy.

Did they just change old busch stadium? Or completely tear down old bush and rebuild this one? I'm confused. Are they re-using some of old Busch?

Pujols just HR'd to deep center at the New Busch.

I would have never guessed.
    'When I'm not longer rapping, I want to open up an ice cream parlor and call myself Scoop Dogg.'
    -Snoop on his retirement

Your Mom is happy.

Quote Originally Posted by KearnsyEars
    Did they just change old busch stadium? Or completely tear down old bush and rebuild this one? I'm confused. Are they re-using some of old Busch?
    Never recycle old busch That should be a commandment.

Anyway, this is a brand new ballpark. Just like GABP is.
    -Snoop on his retirement

Your Mom is happy.

Did anybody notice how like half of the upper deck wasn't even opne?

Quote Originally Posted by Red Leader
    Pujols just HR'd to deep center at the New Busch.

I would have never guessed.

I would say 'you gotta be kidding me!?!' but it's Pujols. Of course he did, and I was just abou to ask and wonder who hit the first HR at the new park. Fitting that his legend adds this feather in the cap and continues to grow.

He is awesome, my favorite NON red in the NL, and he IS a future HOF

anyone think he hits 50 this season? I do. Its going to be him and Dunn dueling for the HR title until late Sept. IMO

I would say 'you gotta be kidding me!?!' but it's Pujols. Of course he did, and I was just abou to ask and wonder who hit the first HR at the new park. Fitting that his legend adds this feather in the cap and continues to grow.

What's funny is that he wasn't the first. Bill Hall homered earlier. That Bill Hall....

He was the first Cardinal to hit a HR in that park. Bill Hall of the Brewers was the first player to hit a HR in that park. He HR'd earlier in the game.
    -Snoop on his retirement

Your Mom is happy.

Turn Off Ads?