Turn Off Ads?
Page 11 of 18 FirstFirst ... 789101112131415 ... LastLast

Thread: Unis -- dumping the black and adding NAVY BLUE?!

Re: Unis -- dumping the black and adding NAVY BLUE?!

I have read that Cast wants the caps to be all-red all the time. I certainly hope that's true. I hope the new sets are primarily red and white, with just a little navy as accent color. My preference would be red and white, period, though.

2. Turn Off Ads?

I think that this thread has some relevance here: http://www.redszone.com/forums/showthread.php?t=45404

I really hate it when teams change colors, numbers, etc. in order to 'force' fans to buy more merchandise. It smacks of disingenuous motives.

Rem

RZ Chamber of Commerce Unassisted's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by macro
    I have read that Cast wants the caps to be all-red all the time. I certainly hope that's true. I hope the new sets are primarily red and white, with just a little navy as accent color. My preference would be red and white, period, though.
    Another version with red caps. I like it better.

Nice work Unassisted, I'd like that look.
    Go Gators!

As far as I am concerned, I would take Unassisted's pattern and make everything Red on the home, except for the deep blue in the CREDS logo and on outline of the hat to give it a 3-D look. On the road, I would make everything gray - with red undershirts and red belt and red socks with the same home hat (hey, the Dodgers & Yankees have only one hat!)

For fun, I'd like to see the '62 Home uniform as the "Throwback Sunday Special".
    Some people play baseball. Baseball plays Jay Bruce.

Quote Originally Posted by guttle11
    Just don't mess with those guys. It's a well known "urban legend" of sorts that the Reds "C" hat is a symbol of the Cripps. At least that's what I red in an article somewhere.
    I had a student with a reds jersey and hat on (red / black) and I asked him about it and all he said was that he wore it because he liked the colors... He wasn't the gang type. I suspect that's the case more times than not.

(I teach at a college in Sacramento)

(I teach at a college in Sacramento)
    JC?

I went to through the California JC system before UC

The black doesn't bother me too much when used sparingly as a neutral color but I really don't like the way the long sleeves have that shading on the arm. It looks like they're suffering from profuse inner elbow sweat which is weird.
    "Announcing your plans is a good way to hear god laugh" -Al Swearengen, Deadwood

Quote Originally Posted by westofyou
    JC?

I went to through the California JC system before UC
    Nope, California State University Sacramento... going on 4 years now (almost tenure time).

Went to UC (University of Cincinnati, gets mixed up out here) for undergrad, grew up in Cincinnati.

I prefer combinations that make use of the red pen-striping, but I'm happy to see the black go.

Lakewood Ranch, FL (by way of Columbus, OH)

Same colors as the Indians... blech.

I don't think you will see a lot of navy blue in the new uniforms, if any. If I am a betting man, the belts and sleeves on all the uniforms will be red, and there will be little if any navy on the cap. I wouldn't be a bit surprised if they bring back the '68-'71 home uniforms with a version of the '61-'66 vest style as an alternate home uniform. I also wouldn't be surprised to see the '61-'66 style as the road uniform with red belts, socks, and sleeves. I think the solid red caps with the white wishbone "C" will be the staple with both the home and road uniforms, with maybe some style of alternate that is worn sparingly.

I would be very happy with those uniforms, both home and road.

Sounds familiar!
    Eric Stratton, Rush Chairman. Damn glad to meet ya.

Quote Originally Posted by RANDY IN CHAR NC
    I don't think you will see a lot of navy blue in the new uniforms, if any. If I am a betting man, the belts and sleeves on all the uniforms will be red, and there will be little if any navy on the cap. I wouldn't be a bit surprised if they bring back the '68-'71 home uniforms with a version of the '61-'66 vest style as an alternate home uniform. I also wouldn't be surprised to see the '61-'66 style as the road uniform with red belts, socks, and sleeves. I think the solid red caps with the white wishbone "C" will be the staple with both the home and road uniforms, with maybe some style of alternate that is worn sparingly.

I would be very happy with those uniforms, both home and road.
    Randy, I wondering when you would put in a word to bring back the 1968-71 unifroms, which are your (and my) favorite. I totally agree with your post.
    "Hey...Dad. Wanna Have A Catch?" Kevin Costner in "Field Of Dreams."

Quote Originally Posted by smith288
    Same colors as the Indians... blech.
    Lets sue em.
    Go Gators!

Turn Off Ads?