Turn Off Ads?

Thread: Reds In First!

Reds In First!

Reds move into a tie for first place in the division with the Brewers, after beating the Cubbies today. Its early, but hey we're in the lead!

2. Turn Off Ads?
    Prognosis...Negative StRedlegs900's Avatar

Re: Reds In First!

Lol... Reds have been in the lead or close to it at the beginning of the season for years. The only positive that's different has been the starting pitching, so that's good. I'll wait to get excited till June, though. If we're still rolling then, we might have a shot.

You know if our bullpen could get more consitant, and start buckling down som e games instead of giving up 3 runs or more all the time we could really hang around this posistion all season.

We have the Depth to to it, and the SP has been fine so far. Its the bullpen thats struggling now. Our bats are fine, and gonna have thier bad days but 6-3 so far is a nice start. And a win today is SEVEN, for 70% of our first 10. Cubs arent a joke, they been projected by a few Writers out there to be the Team that runs with STL for the division and we've beat them 3-2 in the series so far this season.

You know what i wanna see more then us playing STL this weekend?
    I wanna see us BEAT Oswalt and the Astros a few times. They've been the ones to hurt us the most the last few seasons. Now that is what im looking forward to seeing.
    Proud Member of "The Bengals Lair"
    http://www.uranking.com/vote.asp?member=45269
    http://www.powerhouserock.net
    Somebody's gotta win and somebody's gotta lose and I believe in letting the other guy lose. - Pete Rose

Plus check out the Reds RPI on ESPN

http://sports.espn.go.com/mlb/stats/rpi

The beauty of small sample sizes.

Hurrah!

Quote Originally Posted by GridironGrace
    You know what i wanna see more then us playing STL this weekend?

I wanna see us BEAT Oswalt and the Astros a few times. They've been the ones to hurt us the most the last few seasons. Now that is what im looking forward to seeing.
    And don't forget Milwaukee. They have killed the Reds more than once over the past few seasons... and they seem to be much improved this year.
    "Enjoy this Reds fans, you are watching a legend grow up before your very eyes" ... DoogMinAmo on Adam Dunn

Really almost everyone after April, I just want to see the reds sustain the momentum they seem to always have after the first few weeks of the season, then they always seem to get into ruts of terrible play, sustain this momentum and we could contend. The central is solid yes, but very winnable, the brewers are on the rise and the pirates have improved from last season makeing the division as closely knit from top to bottom as any, but each other team has taken steps back making the division very winnable.

Turn Off Ads?