Turn Off Ads?

Thread: Which SS do I sign from Free Agency

Which SS do I sign from Free Agency

Jack Wilson from Pittsburgh or Jason Smith Colorado?

2. Turn Off Ads?

Re: Which SS do I sign from Free Agency

Well, neither is a long term solution.

Jack Wilson is a full time starter and is playing well right now.

Jason Smith has played real well lately, but he's not a guaranteed everyday starter. That's unfortunate because Colorado is starting a 9 game homestand today, and he would have been the better play.

Because Wilson will likely play everyday, and he's playing well right now, he'd be my choice.
    'When I'm not longer rapping, I want to open up an ice cream parlor and call myself Scoop Dogg.'
    -Snoop on his retirement

Your Mom is happy.

Will post for food BuckeyeRedleg's Avatar

I think George Grande mentioned last weekend that Wilson spent a lot of time in the weightroom in the off-season and if you watched the series, you could see his arms looked much bigger.

He's pretty young (28 I think) and he put up decent numbers in 2004. Yeah, he was horrendous last year, but I really think a year like that "wakes up" certain players, and upon seeing his new muscle-bound build, I bet that's what it did for him. I think he has career high numbers across the board this year (15-20 HR's). Looking at Smith, he's 29, and a career journeyman that has had one good week in his career. His career has been putrid up to this point.

Coindentally, I just dropped Smith (whom I picked up last week) in order to pick up Wilson yesterday. Now, I'm trying to decide if I should start Wilson or J.J. Hardy. I guess it will have to be day-to-day, depending on matchups.

Wilson b/c Smith is done starting.

Turn Off Ads?