Turn Off Ads?
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Collect Bobbleheads?

Collect Bobbleheads?

If you collect bobbleheads, there are a few games to take not of in addition to the reds dates. The pirates have several bobblehead nights including a Sean Casey bobblehead night on Sat July 29th, and then an All-Star bobblehead night against the reds on Sat Sep 30. The Indians also have several booblehead nights, none are reds significant, but include up-and comer sizemore on sat april 29, an all-star edition on sat jul 8th, and Drew Carey on Sat aug 12th. With the exception of the Sizemore bobble on Apr 29th these are all reds away stands anyway, so if you collect bobbleheads and want to catch some baseball on dates that the reds are away, check these out, I may see you there.

2. Turn Off Ads?

Re: Collect Bobbleheads?

Hope to get Lopez one at GAB and the Dunn figure.........do these games sell out a GAB for the good giveaway games......should I scoop tickets early?

They are usually a pretty good crowd, but I'm not sure how early you'd have to get tickets. I think the vintage are popular with collectors. I myself want to get concepcion, but not overly excited about some of the others. I'd like to get them, but it takes some effort with the crowd. I would be willing to trade vintage reds baseball cards for bobbles if anyone gets any extras. thanks
    David

They're dolls

Old Red Guard Reject

Anyone have any Bobbleheads or Giveaway items for trade?

For a Level Playing Field

When the bobblehead giveaway things started, I got sucked into it. I bought tickets for every bobblehead game the 1st year they did it at Cinergy Field (when only 10K were given away). After that first year I decided to heck with it. It made me angry to watch ebay-types walk out of the stadium with their bobblehead doll(s) and not even stay to watch the game.

Quote Originally Posted by indyred
    Hope to get Lopez one at GAB and the Dunn figure.........do these games sell out a GAB for the good giveaway games......should I scoop tickets early?
    You should be able to get tickets the day of the game, but I'm not sure I would 100% count on it. Bobblehead games usually draw in the area of 35,000 or more.
    "Strickland Propane... Taste the meat, not the heat." - Hank Hill

It says they give 40 k away for the Reds one's.....so just about everyone is getting one.........When I lived in Minnesota, people camped out the night before to get them, but they only gave away 10 k........i like them and they are sweet giveaways.....i wouldn't campout for one though....The Dunn figure looks sweet....it will be my first Reds giveaway item......can't wait for that one.......

I don't collect them per se, but I have a few from past giveaways. I'll definitley be there for the Concepcion bobble this year.

It's not as big of a deal anymore since they have 40,000 of them to give away but I was always extremely annoyed at those who just showed up for the bobble then bolted. They should do it like they did the Opening Day baseball giveaway back at Riverfront a few years ago, hand them out as you LEAVE the game and don't start until after the 5th. That's just me being grumpy, though...to each his own.

I guess I don't care if people grab the item and run........they paid for there ticket.........just makes for shorter lines at the food stands and bathrooms......and Reds get a little cash in there coffers........

Quote Originally Posted by KearnsyEars
    They're dolls
    NO they are collectors items!!!
    Go Gators!

I have all Reds bobbleheads given away at the games since they started doing so. If I remember correctly, the first one was Larkin. I even have several duplicates. I'm considering selling them as a group to clean out some clutter, but I won't be giving them away. Several of them have ticket stubs as well.

If anyone would like to buy them, make me an offer. We're talking around 18 different bobbleheads as well as 8-10 duplicates. 25-30 bobbleheads in total.

Quote Originally Posted by GitRDunn
    I have all Reds bobbleheads given away at the games since they started doing so. If I remember correctly, the first one was Larkin. I even have several duplicates. I'm considering selling them as a group to clean out some clutter, but I won't be giving them away. Several of them have ticket stubs as well.

If anyone would like to buy them, make me an offer. We're talking around 18 different bobbleheads as well as 8-10 duplicates. 25-30 bobbleheads in total.
    I only need the Bench and the ADam dunn. Would you trade for something? LIke reds baseball cards? If not how much on the bobbles. thanks
    David

need the bench one as well, how much?

Old Red Guard Reject

I don't have Bench (but would like to), but I have duplicates of Wily Mo, Casey, Tony Perez, Joe Nuxhall, Kearns and a figurine of Casey and a model replica of GABP. I will trade for just about any bobblehead or figurine that I don't have.

Turn Off Ads?