Turn Off Ads?

Thread: Expectations For Cardinals Series?

Expectations For Cardinals Series?

The Reds are 6-3 heading into the new Busch Stadium for a 3 game weekend set. The team for most part (minus the bullpen and defense) has played well. The starting pitching has been great since the season began. But we all know St. Louis is a very tough place to play, and the middle of thier order can make even the best pitching staffs look weak.

Here are the pitching matchups:

Tonight: Harang vs. Carpenter
    Tomorrow: Williams vs. Ponson
    Sunday: Arroyo vs. Mulder

I'd say this series is about as big as a series this early in April can be. A good performance should not warrant the printing of playoff tickets and likewise a poor performance should not warrant giving up on the rest of the season.

So, what are your expectations and/or hopes for the next three days?
    "Strickland Propane... Taste the meat, not the heat." - Hank Hill

2. Turn Off Ads?

Re: Expectations For Cardinals Series?

Realistically, we'll probably lose tonight and tomorrow, and have a good shot at winning on Sunday with Arroyo on the mound.

Tonight's game is a loss in my book. Even though Harang is on the hill, Carpenter is one tough pitcher. If the Reds pull out a "W" tonight, they have an extremely good chance of taking the series.

Tomorrow's game is a toss up. In a toss up, I'll take the home team and give the Cards a win. I think Dave Williams will get crushed by Pujols and Rolen as well.

Sunday is the one game I think the Reds absolutely have to win. Arroyo will pitch well and Mulder can be hit. We should not leave St. Louis 0-3.
    'When I'm not longer rapping, I want to open up an ice cream parlor and call myself Scoop Dogg.'
    -Snoop on his retirement

Your Mom is happy.

Quote Originally Posted by Red Leader
    Realistically, we'll probably lose tonight and tomorrow, and have a good shot at winning on Sunday with Arroyo on the mound.

Tonight's game is a loss in my book. Even though Harang is on the hill, Carpenter is one tough pitcher. If the Reds pull out a "W" tonight, they have an extremely good chance of taking the series.

Tomorrow's game is a toss up. In a toss up, I'll take the home team and give the Cards a win. I think Dave Williams will get crushed by Pujols and Rolen as well.

Sunday is the one game I think the Reds absolutely have to win. Arroyo will pitch well and Mulder can be hit. We should not leave St. Louis 0-3.
    We should be able to pound on Ponson Saturday.
    Quote Originally Posted by Scooter View Post
    A little bit off topic, but do you guys think that Jesse Winker profiles more like Pete Rose or is he just the next Hal Morris??

I'm realistically inclined to say that getting out of St. Louis alive would be a plus.

0-3 wouldn't be liked, but it could be expected.

I'd take 1-3 or 2-1 or 3-0....
    Some people play baseball. Baseball plays Jay Bruce.

Quote Originally Posted by reds44
    We should be able to pound on Ponson Saturday.
    Yeah, unfortunately on the Cards forum they are probably saying:

We will be able to pound on Dave Williams on Saturday.
    'When I'm not longer rapping, I want to open up an ice cream parlor and call myself Scoop Dogg.'
    -Snoop on his retirement

Your Mom is happy.

Pain.
    Go Gators!

Designated Threadkiller LincolnparkRed's Avatar

I just hope we get into the Cards bullpen, because all of them have been hit so far this year. I especially like our chances vs. isringhausen down 2 or closer.

But 1-2 wouldn't have me standing on any ledges.

Turn Off Ads?