Turn Off Ads?
Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast

Thread: Reds promote outfielder Quinton McCrackenand other Reds moves.

Re: Reds promote outfielder Quinton McCrackenand other Reds moves.

Ya know, getting Denorfia ab's in AAA and putting a vet on the bench ain't all that controversial. Me no compendo the vitriol.

And, IIRC, Venafro is a submariner, which is really rare for a lefty. Nice to have a few different looks in the pen. Krivsky looks like a guy who pays attention.
    The widow is gathering nettles for her children's dinner; a perfumed seigneur, delicately lounging in the Oeil de Boeuf, hath an alchemy whereby he will extract the third nettle and call it rent. ~ Carlyle

2. Turn Off Ads?

Kearns could.
    39 total starts in CF, none since 2003.

That ship has sailed.

Quote Originally Posted by westofyou
    39 total starts in CF, none since 2003.

That ship has sailed.
    So Quinten McCracken is a better option? McCracken has no business being the fifth outfielder on any major league club, let alone the fourth.

McCracken's career fielding percentage in centerfield is .982 vs. Kearns' .991 CF Fldng pct.
    My dad got to enjoy 3 Reds World Championships by the time he was my age. So far, I've only gotten to enjoy one. Step it up Redlegs!

Deno is the only option and he should be up.
    Go Gators!

So Quinten McCracken is a better option?
    Looks that way.

As for the fielding percentage it's a waste of time comparing a corner OF with a CF on two diffrent clubs by fielding percentage

Charlie Brown All-Star IslandRed's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Rojo
    Ya know, getting Denorfia ab's in AAA and putting a vet on the bench ain't all that controversial. Me no compendo the vitriol.
    Me neither.

To me, it's a pretty simple thing -- if one believes Denorfia will be a legitimate major league regular, then he's better off playing every day in Louisville rather than collecting splinters in Cincinnati. People forget that his resemblance of a big-league hitter is a pretty recent thing and he's not yet logged a full season in Triple-A. It wouldn't kill us to get him more at-bats and show it wasn't some sort of fluke.

But if one believes Denorfia's destined to be a bench player, then yeah, he may as well be up with the Reds.
    Not all who wander are lost

Quote Originally Posted by westofyou

As for the fielding percentage it's a waste of time comparing a corner OF with a CF on two diffrent clubs by fielding percentage
    I was just comparing their fielding percentages in centerfield.
    My dad got to enjoy 3 Reds World Championships by the time he was my age. So far, I've only gotten to enjoy one. Step it up Redlegs!

Quote Originally Posted by savafan
    I was just comparing their fielding percentages in centerfield.
    Sample size and the different OF's still make it not a good comp.

Quote Originally Posted by IslandRed
    Me neither.

To me, it's a pretty simple thing -- if one believes Denorfia will be a legitimate major league regular, then he's better off playing every day in Louisville rather than collecting splinters in Cincinnati. People forget that his resemblance of a big-league hitter is a pretty recent thing and he's not yet logged a full season in Triple-A. It wouldn't kill us to get him more at-bats and show it wasn't some sort of fluke.

But if one believes Denorfia's destined to be a bench player, then yeah, he may as well be up with the Reds.
    The man speaks the truth.
    Quote Originally Posted by PuffyPig View Post
    Let's face it, you mis-hit the bun with the mustard squirter, no one will really care.

Too bad about Cruz. I was happy to see when he initially signed with the Reds (about the same time as Freel so I was psyched as much as you can be for such signings). He performed well in 03 but became a K machine recently. Never could overcome all the injuries he suffered early in his once promising career.

At least I was right about Freel.

White Castle to the Nile Crash Davis's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by flyer85
    shows Krivsky is looking pretty clueless.

Everybody expected the '06 Reds to be better than their 7-3 record, right?

That offense is so riddled with holes it's amazing they pushed a run across Friday night.

When results aren't enough, what can appease the critics?
    "I fought because I understood and could not bear to understand, that it was my destiny -- unlike that of my father, whose fate it was to hear the roar of the crowd -- to sit in the stands with most men and acclaim others. It was my fate, my destiny, my end, to be a fan."

Quote Originally Posted by reds44
    I disagree and you know why.

If not Denorfia then who else would you pick?
    Denorfia, because your disagreement doesn't make sense.

With Griffey lame and an open roster slot, there shouldn't be a lineup that doesn't include Chris Denorfia in Center Field and Ryan Freel at 2B. Well, frankly, there shouldn't be a lineup that doesn't include Chris Denorfia in Center Field and Ryan Freel at 2B, but that's another topic entirely.

Calling up a near-26 year old Denorfia and asking him to play isn't going to stunt his growth in any way, shape, or form. It'll do nothing but help the team.
    "The problem with strikeouts isn't that they hurt your team, it's that they hurt your feelings..." --Rob Neyer

"The single most important thing for a hitter is to get a good pitch to hit. A good hitter can hit a pitch that’s over the plate three times better than a great hitter with a ball in a tough spot.”
    --Ted Williams

Quote Originally Posted by Crash Davis

Everybody expected the '06 Reds to be better than their 7-3 record, right?

That offense is so riddled with holes it's amazing they pushed a run across Friday night.

When results aren't enough, what can appease the critics?
    The expectation of continued positive long-term results created by an optimized MLB roster.

Next time that happens, it'll be the first time.
    "The problem with strikeouts isn't that they hurt your team, it's that they hurt your feelings..." --Rob Neyer

"The single most important thing for a hitter is to get a good pitch to hit. A good hitter can hit a pitch that’s over the plate three times better than a great hitter with a ball in a tough spot.”
    --Ted Williams

Quote Originally Posted by SteelSD
    Denorfia, because your disagreement doesn't make sense.

With Griffey lame and an open roster slot, there shouldn't be a lineup that doesn't include Chris Denorfia in Center Field and Ryan Freel at 2B. Well, frankly, there shouldn't be a lineup that doesn't include Chris Denorfia in Center Field and Ryan Freel at 2B, but that's another topic entirely.

Calling up a near-26 year old Denorfia and asking him to play isn't going to stunt his growth in any way, shape, or form. It'll do nothing but help the team.
    Fine call him up and let him turn into Wily Mo Pena and rot on the bench. Griffey missed 2 game, don't act like he has missed a week.

We scored 8 runs in our 1st game without Grifffey, and today we faced a Cy Young pitcher (and struggled, but Denorfia wouldn't change that). This team isn't lacking offense.
    Quote Originally Posted by PuffyPig View Post
    Let's face it, you mis-hit the bun with the mustard squirter, no one will really care.

JR can't be counted on to play a lot, he misses A LOT of games every year, why not use those at bats on the young kid?

We'll see, if it's McCracken and Womack getting at bats it's gonna look silly they didn't give them to the kid...but we'll see.
    Go Gators!

Turn Off Ads?