Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: The 3 horsemen

The 3 horsemen

Harang 2-1
    Arroyo 2-0
    Mitlon 2-0

6-1
    Quote Originally Posted by PuffyPig View Post
    Let's face it, you mis-hit the bun with the mustard squirter, no one will really care.

2. Turn Off Ads?

Re: The 3 horsemen

Could you imagine saying this back in September? Referencing Milton of course.

Quote Originally Posted by reds44
    Harang 2-1
    Arroyo 2-0
    Mitlon 2-0

6-1
    Even better...
    Harang 1 RBI
    Milton 3B
    Arroyo 2 HR

Quote Originally Posted by kaldaniels
    Even better...
    Harang 1 RBI
    Milton 3B
    Arroyo 2 HR
    The Reds pitchers hit better than both the Major League teams in the state of Florida.
    Last edited by guttle11; 04-14-2006 at 11:54 PM.
    "I saw Wedding Crashers accidentally. I bought a ticket for Grizzly Man and went into the wrong theater. After an hour, I figured I was in the wrong theater, but I kept waiting. Thatís the thing about bear attacks. They come when you least expect it."-Dwight K. Schrute

Even better, we recorded a shut-out, and better yet against the cards, and even better yet, out bullpen helped out

Quote Originally Posted by tripleaaaron
    Even better, we recorded a shut-out, and better yet against the cards, and even better yet, out bullpen helped out
    Bullpen has benn pitching pretty decent since we hit the road.

I still think Shack and his 0.00 ERA in AAA needs to be up here.
    Quote Originally Posted by PuffyPig View Post
    Let's face it, you mis-hit the bun with the mustard squirter, no one will really care.

Tonight's win was exactly what you wanted to see as a Reds fan. Great starting pitching, clutch relief and reasonably good defense. I remember when we beat Randy Johnson 1-0 in '99. Carpenter isn't half as good as Johnson, but you need these kinds of wins against good pitchers and good teams to have hope. Hope is running high at the moment.

It's early, but it's beginning to look like we have an above-average starting staff. This offense will score a ton of runs, so it's assumed that a staff full of #3's could win the wild card.

The first thing we need to do is DFA Hammond and White, we have better options in the minors, and giving these guys time to become what they'll never be again (and/or weren't ever) could prove to be costly.

Bring up Shack and Wagner, maybe trade Larue and a 2b for two decent relievers, and we have a team folks. While we still lack a closer, I say ease Coffey into the role, and let him know that the occasional 96 mph fastball is exactly what we need, consistently.

Quote Originally Posted by jhiller21
    It's early, but it's beginning to look like we have an above-average starting staff. This offense will score a ton of runs, so it's assumed that a staff full of #3's could win the wild card.

The first thing we need to do is DFA Hammond and White, we have better options in the minors, and giving these guys time to become what they'll never be again (and/or weren't ever) could prove to be costly.

Bring up Shack and Wagner, maybe trade Larue and a 2b for two decent relievers, and we have a team folks. While we still lack a closer, I say ease Coffey into the role, and let him know that the occasional 96 mph fastball is exactly what we need, consistently.
    I agree with your thoughts DFA those two old guys and bring up Shack and Wags

I hate to be a negative nitty guys.. but its only 10 games. We have a LONG way to go... Lets see how this staff holds up over the course of even half a year before proclaiming that this team can contend.

Krivs has got us closer, I agree... But how much closer is a question you all should ask yourselves.
    "I hate to advocate chemicals, alcohol, violence or insanity to anyone... But they've always worked for me."

-Hunter S. Thompson

If the world ended now, we win the central
    Go Gators!

Quote Originally Posted by KronoRed
    If Krivsky can bring on 2 more talented relievers in a trade, or even one more decent starter, this team is headed for wild card contention.

The offense will take care of itself, as will the young defense. Give it time, we definately have some pretty good building blocks on our hands.

Titanic Struggles Caveat Emperor's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by KronoRed
    And here I thought that was a chicken and egg problem...
    Championships Matter.
    24 Years and Counting...

Quote Originally Posted by cincyinco
    I hate to be a negative nitty guys.. but its only 10 games. We have a LONG way to go... Lets see how this staff holds up over the course of even half a year before proclaiming that this team can contend.
    Exactly. Hot starts are fun, but people should remember that the 2001, 2002, 2003 and 2004 Reds all spent time in first place early in the season.

Right now the Reds strike me as the guys sprinting the first mile or two of the marathon.
    Baseball isn't a magic trick ... it doesn't get spoiled if you figure out how it works. - gonelong

I'm witchcrafting everybody.

Quote Originally Posted by M2
    Exactly. Hot starts are fun, but people should remember that the 2001, 2002, 2003 and 2004 Reds all spent time in first place early in the season.

Right now the Reds strike me as the guys sprinting the first mile or two of the marathon.

This team is better than all of those teams. Not saying we will be in first but everyone kind of knew that those teams were playing with smoke and mirrors. This team has starting pitching and hitting. Now if we just had some defense...
    Tim McCarver: Baseball Quotes
    I remember one time going out to the mound to talk with Bob Gibson. He told me to get back behind the batter, that the only thing I knew about pitching was that it was hard to hit.

Turn Off Ads?