Turn Off Ads?

Thread: Dish Network users...

Dish Network users...

This is going to sound sort of odd. I currently work in a psychiatric hospital on 3rd shift and the hospital has a Dish Network satelite on every unit. Being that it is third shift, the majority of our patients sleep all night and that leaves a lot of down time for me. My problem is the remote control is always missing and the actual box is behind hard plastic and you can't get to it to change the channel.

So my question is, where can I find a remote that I can just keep with me and use when the unit remote is missing? I looked on ebay and did not find anything. I assume most Dish Network remotes will work with the box, because I borrow a remote sometimes from a different unit and it works fine on our unit box.

Anyways, any suggstions are appreciated.

2. Turn Off Ads?

Re: Dish Network users...

I used a Phillips All-In-One remote when I had Dish and it worked great. Actually, my old Time Warner digital remote worked too only without some of the functions, so you should be able to use any programmable remote.

Most universal remotes should work. You can pick them up for as little as $10 if you all you don't want anything fancy.

Just make sure in the specs it says it works with Dish
    Go Gators!

Wal Mart, Best Buy, etc, should have something for you to use, cheap. If you buy one it will cost you as much as $50 through Dish Network.
    Hugs, smiling, and interactive Twitter accounts, don't mean winning baseball. Until this community understands that we are cursed to relive the madness.

Turn Off Ads?