Turn Off Ads?

Thread: Bullpen help

Bullpen help

Jorge Julio has been getting rocked in NY and the fans have been chanting "We Want Benson". Anyone else think that it would be worth trying to swing a deal for him? One of our MIs for Julio, in my book, would be a great move. He has always impressed me with some nasty stuff and, let's face it, he wouldn't make our BP any worse. And the Mets could use some help at 2b.

2. Turn Off Ads?

Re: Bullpen help

We can't be focusing on making moves that make the bullpen "not any worse." We need to be focusing on making deals that definably make the bullpen better. I don't know enough about Julio to make that call, though.
    "Strickland Propane... Taste the meat, not the heat." - Hank Hill

Quote Originally Posted by redsfan30
    We can't be focusing on making moves that make the bullpen "not any worse." We need to be focusing on making deals that definably make the bullpen better. I don't know enough about Julio to make that call, though.
    Just saying worse case scenario, he wouldn't make it any worse. True that he has been awful this year and in the 2nd half last year, but from what I remember he was light out the first half of last year. And if somehow we could get him for one of our 2nd baseman (excluding Freel) he wouldn't cost us much.

I think bringing up Wagner and Shack would certainly help.

I certainly hope the FO hasn't given up on Wagoner. He has some of the most electric stuff I think I've ever seen.

Bristol, just around the corner from ESPN

Quote Originally Posted by flyer85
    I think bringing up Wagner and Shack would certainly help.

Wags or Shack HAVE to be better than Hammond, Burns or Mercker. Hammond is on record saying baseball's not a priority for him, Mercker looks like he can barely face 3 batters in a row, and Burns just looked horrible the other day.

I was honestly shocked to learn Wagner didn't make the 25 man when they broke ST. As for Shackelford, my jury is still out on him.

Turn Off Ads?