Turn Off Ads?
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: whats with the 7 second delay ???

whats with the 7 second delay ???

the radio is a good 7-10 seconds ahead of the tv

2. Turn Off Ads?

Re: whats with the 7 second delay ???

Are you watching on a dish?
    Quote Originally Posted by Scooter View Post
    A little bit off topic, but do you guys think that Jesse Winker profiles more like Pete Rose or is he just the next Hal Morris??

They call me "chef"

At least it wasn't an inning and a half behind like ESPN's GameCast.

It's been that way every game so far. Sometimes I like to turn the TV sound down and listen to Steve's innings (and of course, during the Cubs/Reds games on WGN).

This year it's been too annoyng because I always know what's going to happen. I've done this often over the years and don't remember it ever happening before.

And, no, it's not dish... it's cable.
    "Enjoy this Reds fans, you are watching a legend grow up before your very eyes" ... DoogMinAmo on Adam Dunn

It's basically so they can cut to silence if someone audibly curses in the crowd.

I haven't had that problem at any time this season. My radio and TV broadcasts have been synchronized perfectly.
    Eric Stratton, Rush Chairman. Damn glad to meet ya.

Can he be stopped?

Its so they can cut out quicker next time the DC crowd boos the Veep

Mine is synched just fine.

7 seconds?

Well.....

Truly, some of you aren't having this problem with radio vs TV game broadcasts? You'd think it would be the same across the board. And it doesn't matter whether WGN, FSN, or ESPN. That's just weird that it doesn't affect everyone.

I listen via 700 WLW and watch via Time Warner Cable. How about you guys?

Any thoughts as to what causes it? It truly is annoying. If I can come up with something legitimate to present, I'll contact either my cable company or WLW (or both).
    "Enjoy this Reds fans, you are watching a legend grow up before your very eyes" ... DoogMinAmo on Adam Dunn

this is fox sports on time warner cable--at least 7 seconds every game this year

Quote Originally Posted by BUTLER REDSFAN
    this is fox sports on time warner cable--at least 7 seconds every game this year
    Do you have it with WGN and ESPN too? I do.

I wish my DirecTV was delayed a little more. Right now the audio on the net is anywhere from 8-15 seconds behind the TV. Last night was about the closest that it has been all year for me. At times its been 2 pitches behind.

That's why DVR's are good, you can pause the TV to match up with the radio.
    Go Gators!

The dish is 7 seconds or more because it takes that long to beam the signal from the game to the satilite in the sky back to recievers.

XM radio is the same thing. Listen to WLW on your car and then turn on the XM. You will here the same thing you just heard.

A simple radio signal from a game to your radio is delayed, but not noticed by the naked ear.

Ohio University bounces their signal to a satilite before it ever hits the radio station. It is delayed while you actually watch the game live in person. That creates a real problem.

Sports talk shows are delayed 7 seconds for the reason they can cut you off if something is said that should not be aired.

I know this to be fact because I worked in radio for over 10 years from 92 to about 5 years ago when I switched jobs to become a High School AD.
    Taylor High School
    Home of the "Yellow Jackets"

Turn Off Ads?