Turn Off Ads?
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Sean Casey out at least 6-8 weeks

Making sense of it all Matt700wlw's Avatar

Sean Casey out at least 6-8 weeks

He collided with John Mabry last night trying to grab a throw to first. Mabry was attempting to beat out the throw and he collided into Casey's backside with his hip, and Casey suffered fractures in his lower back (left side). The report just came down a couple minutes ago.

http://sports.espn.go.com/mlb/news/story?id=2409937

Ouch.....all the best to Casey.
    Last edited by Matt700wlw; 04-15-2006 at 02:53 PM.

2. Turn Off Ads?

Re: Sean Casey out at least 6-8 weeks

Ouch is right, part of the knock on Case's game has been his somewhat growing fragile label. Many times he's knocked up enough that he's able to play, but not generate power.

So I guess Craig Wilson gets those ab's.

And yet, I'd still trade Williams back for Casey...
    Games are won on run differential -- scoring more than your opponent. Runs are runs, scored or prevented they all count the same. Worry about scoring more and allowing fewer, not which positions contribute to which side of the equation or how "consistent" you are at your current level of performance.

Quote Originally Posted by westofyou

He might be too valuable off the bench.
    Go Gators!

Calgary, Alberta, aka, the most prosperous city in the world.

Quote Originally Posted by RedsManRick
    And yet, I'd still trade Williams back for Casey...

And who would you trade off to make up Casey's $8.5M salary?

Ouch is right, part of the knock on Case's game has been his somewhat growing fragile label. Many times he's knocked up enough that he's able to play, but not generate power.

Heh-heh...you said knocked up!

Eric Stratton, Rush Chairman. Damn glad to meet ya.

You're killin' me Smalls! StillFunkyB's Avatar

I wish Sean the best.

Somehow I see him as some kind of coach after he is done playing.

Ouch is right, part of the knock on Case's game has been his somewhat growing fragile label.
    I don't understand this. Most, if not all of Casey's injuries have been because of contact with a thrown or batted ball (bean jobs and fractured eye socket) and collisions (shoulder/knee). When players collide, bad things often happen. IMHO, this in no way means he's fragile... he's human, and these kinds of things do damage to humans. I'm sure they've made an impact on the power we all saw from Sean in his earlier years.

I feel so bad for him. Good luck, Sean.
    "Enjoy this Reds fans, you are watching a legend grow up before your very eyes" ... DoogMinAmo on Adam Dunn

All the best for Casey. I haven't seen a replay of it but I heard he took about 5 steps afterwards and went down to his knees or something. Can only imagine how an injury like that might have felt, scary.
    "When the Russians conquer America, they will recruit concentration camp guards from among Cardinals fans."

Quote Originally Posted by PuffyPig
    And who would you trade off to make up Casey's $8.5M salary?
    Didn't the Reds pay part of his salary?

Besides, don't let the Reds Front Office fool you. They can afford to pay Casey's contract.
    Last edited by MattyHo4Life; 04-15-2006 at 08:38 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by TeamBoone
    I don't understand this. Most, if not all of Casey's injuries have been because of contact with a thrown or batted ball (bean jobs and fractured eye socket) and collisions (shoulder/knee). When players collide, bad things often happen. IMHO, this in no way means he's fragile... he's human, and these kinds of things do damage to humans. I'm sure they've made an impact on the power we all saw from Sean in his earlier years.

Sean is a pretty big guy, if he has fractures in his back, it must had been one heck of a collision, I did not see it, and I really don't want to. I hope he comes back full strength. All the best.
    1st pick of the 2023 baseball amateur draft

Quote Originally Posted by TeamBoone

I do not think fragile is the right word to describe Casey. I do not think I would even go as far as to say he is injury prone. I would put him in the same category as Kearns and say they have bad luck. But players in all sports get a rep for having bad luck as far as injuries go and a lot of time they are described as fragile more as shorthand than anything. And there are players who rarely get hurt or when they do they are only out for a game or two if that. But when evaluating a player, you have to take injury history into account. That is why I never draft Fred Taylor for fantasy football because odds are, at some point during the season, he is going to get hurt. Same thing goes for Jr. Lately it seems Casey has fallen into that same category.

That said I hope Sean has a speedy recovery.
    Quote Originally Posted by Raisor View Post
    I was wrong
    Quote Originally Posted by Raisor View Post
    Chip is right

Quote Originally Posted by Chip R
    I do not think fragile is the right word to describe Casey. I do not think I would even go as far as to say he is injury prone. I would put him in the same category as Kearns and say they have bad luck.
    How about that he is just a big ol' loveable clutz?

That said I hope Sean has a speedy recovery.
    Same here.
    "In my day you had musicians who experimented with drugs. Now it's druggies experimenting with music" - Alfred G Clark (circa 1972)

Quote Originally Posted by George Foster
    Sean is a pretty big guy, if he has fractures in his back, it must had been one heck of a collision, I did not see it, and I really don't want to. I hope he comes back full strength. All the best.
    I saw the replay last night and it wasn't as bad as I thought. But it did appear that Mabry stuck an elbow in his lower back, somewhat intentionally imo.
    "When the Russians conquer America, they will recruit concentration camp guards from among Cardinals fans."

Posting from Southwest VA redsfaninbsg's Avatar

Had the same injury happen to me my senior season of high school football. Needless to say I missed over half the season and I still have problems out of back today.
    This is the ol Left Hander rounding third and heading for home.

Turn Off Ads?