Turn Off Ads?
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: It Has To Happen Soon!

It Has To Happen Soon!

I am so tired of hearing George Grande swoon over the Cardinals. As everyone knows, Mr. Nice Guy never says anything bad about anybody...except the Reds. He was almost totally silent in friday night's game when Chris Welsh would say something negative about Jim edmonds. I can't think that Castelini will put up with much more of this. George is becoming the anti-homer!

2. Turn Off Ads?

Re: It Has To Happen Soon!

I'm sure he will last the season. Next year I bet you see Castelini and son make the changes that they want..........

So many of you harp on this, and I don't see it!

He says good things about every team and every player, including the Reds. And when he does choose to say something less than nice about a player, he chooses his words carefully rather than out and out bashing him.

I'm usually one of the first to complain if I think the Reds are being unfairly dissed, but honestly, I just don't see it.
    Last edited by TeamBoone; 04-15-2006 at 08:02 PM.
    "Enjoy this Reds fans, you are watching a legend grow up before your very eyes" ... DoogMinAmo on Adam Dunn

i cant stand listening to him because he doesnt have anything to say, thats why he harps on pujols and stuff that is well documented...he knows nothing else (hence why he cant say nething bad) except on the reds
    For Love of the Game

"If you aren't first; you're last"

I'm with TB. I think he calls a great game. I can't stand the guys who love their team. I like him.

George isn't anti-reds. He is just pro-Cardinals. I haven't listened to him much this year honestly, but in years past during every Reds game he finds a way to talk for 5 mins. about the Cards 1 way or another. It used to be about Edmonds only, but its starting being about Pujols anymore. I know he did Cards games years ago, so I guess its still in his blood some.

I honestly can't remember George saying anything bad about the Reds or anyone else.

He just talks about the cardinals a little too much for my taste.
    School's out. What did you expect?

I hope he takes Marty with him

George is one of the most well respected TV guys in all of baseball. He is the MC of the Hall of Fame induction ceremony.
    1st pick of the 2023 baseball amateur draft

Quote Originally Posted by George Foster
    George is one of the most well respected TV guys in all of baseball. He is the MC of the Hall of Fame induction ceremony.
    I guess that's why ESPN canned him ages ago. He was the original ESPN Sportscenter anchor.

Quote Originally Posted by flyer85
    I guess that's why ESPN canned him ages ago. He was the original ESPN Sportscenter anchor.
    And what they have now is just great.

I don't think he was canned; I believe he left for a different job.
    "Enjoy this Reds fans, you are watching a legend grow up before your very eyes" ... DoogMinAmo on Adam Dunn

Quote Originally Posted by flyer85
    I hope he takes Marty with him
    Clean house.
    Go Gators!

Old Red Guard Reject

Quote Originally Posted by TeamBoone
    So many of you harp on this, and I don't see it!

He says good things about every team and every player, including the Reds. And when he does choose to say something less than nice about a player, he chooses his words carefully rather than out and out bashing him.

I'm usually one of the first to complain if I think the Reds are being unfairly dissed, but honestly, I just don't see it.
    The only reason you didn't see it in the game Friday night is because Edmonds was busy kicking the ball into right field, falling on his ass trying to over dramaticize a fly ball against the wall and whiffing on Coffee's nasty splitter with the bases loaded. If does anything at all worth mentioning GG would be all over it.

Bristol, just around the corner from ESPN

Quote Originally Posted by Newman4
    The only reason you didn't see it in the game Friday night is because Edmonds was busy kicking the ball into right field, falling on his ass trying to over dramaticize a fly ball against the wall and whiffing on Coffee's nasty splitter with the bases loaded. If does anything at all worth mentioning GG would be all over it.

Chris Welsh was the one that had to do the talking during Edmonds struggles friday night. GG was thankfully dead silent. So to that point, we need to have Jim Edmonds struggle more to hear less of GG. Not that I want to hear more of Chris Welsh, since he was trying to sing Dave Williams praise yesterday as he was pitching his way to an early exit, but less GG is more to me. I almost felt bad for GG as Edmonds struggled, b/c there was a short silence as Edmonds shin kicked the liner into RF, and then Chris Welsh had to come to the rescue as GG was literally left speechless, watching his manlove idol show how blatantly overrated he is in CF. And you said it best Newman4, Edmonds did end up on his can on that ball to the wall where he visibly slowed up to make some webgem wannabe play only to have it end up with our guy on 2B. If he continues going back on that ball without slowing up, he easily catches it in time to avoid the wall. I think Edmonds should give back some of those Gold Gloves.

But in all seriousness, we could easily take 2 new college grads out of a Newhouse or Mizzou's communication school and they'd be instant upgrades over Welsh and Grande.

George Grande is fine. What else do you expect the man to talk about when the team has been as bad as it has been the last five years? And if he has been critical of the Reds, which I don't think he has been, then it's well deserved.

Turn Off Ads?